Affiliation: University Hospital
- Quetiapine modulates functional connectivity in brain aggression networksMartin Klasen
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatics, Medical School, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Neuroimage 75:20-6. 2013..The violence-specific modulation of prefrontal-amygdala networks appears to control aggressive behavior and provides a neurobiological model for the anti-aggressive effects of quetiapine...
- Multisensory emotions: perception, combination and underlying neural processesMartin Klasen
Department of Psychiatry, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Rev Neurosci 23:381-92. 2012..In summary, these findings indicate that bimodal emotions interact at multiple stages of the audiovisual integration process...
- Neural contributions to flow experience during video game playingMartin Klasen
Department for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 7:485-95. 2012..Flow factors can be validated with functional brain imaging which can improve the understanding of human emotions and motivational processes during media entertainment...
- Supramodal representation of emotionsMartin Klasen
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatics, Medical School, RWTH Aachen University, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Neurosci 31:13635-43. 2011..These findings document that emotional information does not merge at the perceptual audiovisual integration level in unimodal or multimodal areas, but in vPCC and amygdala...
- Reward system and temporal pole contributions to affective evaluation during a first person shooter video gameKrystyna A Mathiak
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Neuenhofer Weg 21, 52074 Aachen, Germany
BMC Neurosci 12:66. 2011..We combined functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) with individual affect measures to address the neuronal correlates of violence in a video game...
- Real-time noise cancellation for speech acquired in interactive functional magnetic resonance imaging studiesMikhail Zvyagintsev
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, JARA Translational Brain Research, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:705-13. 2010..To present online scanner noise cancellation for speech acquired in functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) studies...
- Cortico-limbic connectivity in MAOA-L carriers is vulnerable to acute tryptophan depletionPatrick Eisner
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatics, Medical School, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp . 2016..Acute tryptophan depletion (ATD) challenges 5-HT regulation and may identify vulnerable neuronal circuits, contributing to the gene-environment interaction...
- Corrigendum: Multisensory integration of dynamic emotional faces and voices: method for simultaneous EEG-fMRI measurementsPatrick D Schelenz
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatics, Medical School, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen UniversityAachen, Germany Jülich Aachen Research Alliance, Translational Brain MedicineAachen, Germany
Front Hum Neurosci 10:624. 2016..This corrects the article on p. 729 in vol. 7, PMID: 24294195.]...