Affiliation: University of Munich
- Apheresis in coronary heart disease with elevated Lp (a): a review of Lp (a) as a risk factor and its managementChristiane Keller
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Munich, Germany
Ther Apher Dial 11:2-8. 2007..Experimental data and therapeutic results will be discussed in the present paper...
- Indication of low-density lipoprotein apheresis in severe hypercholesterolemia and its atherosclerotic vascular complications: dextran sulfate cellulose low-density lipoprotein apheresisChristiane Keller
Klinikum Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munich, Germany
Ther Apher Dial 7:345-9. 2003..Several intervention studies point in this direction...
- Endothelial dysfunction and atherothrombosis in mild hyperhomocysteinemiaNorbert Weiss
Medical Policlinic, Division of Angiology, University Hospital, Innenstadt, Munich, Germany
Vasc Med 7:227-39. 2002....
- Aged garlic extract improves homocysteine-induced endothelial dysfunction in macro- and microcirculationNorbert Weiss
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Medical Policlinic, City Campus, University of Munich Medical Center, Munich, Germany
J Nutr 136:750S-754S. 2006....
- LDL-apheresis in homozygous LDL-receptor-defective familial hypercholesterolemia: the Munich experienceChristiane Keller
Internal Medicine, Stoffwechselambulanz, Medizinische Poliklinik Campus Innenstadt, LMU Muenchen, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Muenchen, Germany
Atheroscler Suppl 10:21-6. 2009..12 patients have been treated with regular LDL-apheresis, 10 of these have continued the therapy for 8 to 27 years. The longest treatment has lasted for 31 years and is going on. The first patient started with plasma exchange in 1976...
- Highly resistant metabolically deficient dwarf mutant of Escherichia coli is the cause of a chronic urinary tract infectionKonrad Trulzsch
Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, Munich, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 41:5689-94. 2003..This case highlights the importance of recognizing MDDs of Enterobacteriaceae in patients with chronic infections. To our knowledge this is the first report of an MDD of E. coli causing a chronic urinary tract infection...
- Influence of hyperhomocysteinemia on the cellular redox state--impact on homocysteine-induced endothelial dysfunctionNorbert Weiss
Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1455-61. 2003..Taken together, these findings strongly suggest that the adverse vascular effects of homocysteine are at least partly mediated by oxidative inactivation of nitric oxide...
- Acute hyperhomocysteinemia induces microvascular and macrovascular endothelial dysfunctionThomas N Abahji
Department of Vascular Medicine, University of Munich Medical Center, Munich, Germany
Arch Med Res 38:411-6. 2007..Therefore, we simultaneously determined macro- and microvascular EF in 11 healthy subjects before and during acute Hhcy induced by an oral methionine challenge...
- Clinical effects of direct adsorption of lipoprotein apheresis: beyond cholesterol reductionThomas Bosch
Nephrology Division, Department I of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Munich Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Ther Apher Dial 7:341-4. 2003..09 (P < 0.004) by DALI. This impressive improvement of symptoms and coronary events can hypothetically be related to the improvement of hemorheology and the transformation of unstable into stable plaques by DALI LDL apheresis...
- Aged garlic extract inhibits homocysteine-induced CD36 expression and foam cell formation in human macrophagesNagatoshi Ide
Medical Policlinic, City Campus, University of Munich Medical Center, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Nutr 136:755S-758S. 2006..6+/-2.8% (P<0.01), but Hcy had no effects on it. Our data indicate that AGE inhibits CD36 expression and OxLDL uptake in macrophages and suggest that the extract could modulate the formation of early atherosclerotic lesions...
- Stereospecific and redox-sensitive increase in monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells by homocysteineOtilia Postea
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:508-13. 2006..hy 926 and primary human umbilical vein EC [HUVEC]) and the monocytic cell line THP-1, and the impact of vascular oxidant stress and redox-sensitive signaling pathways on these events...