Affiliation: University of Luebeck
- Trends in hormone therapy and breast cancer incidence - results from the German Network of Cancer RegistriesAlexander Katalinic
Institute for Cancer Epidemiology, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Pathobiology 76:90-7. 2009..Recent reports presented declining trends in breast cancer incidence, which were attributed to parallel declining trends in HT. Therefore, we analyzed recent data on hormone therapy and breast cancer incidence in Germany...
- The TeleGuard trial of additional telemedicine care in CAD patients. 2 Morbidity and mortality after 12 monthsAnnika Waldmann
Institute for Social Medicine, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
J Telemed Telecare 14:22-6. 2008..It is likely that the clinical pathway used in the telemedicine centre led to an increased hospital admission rate in the intervention group...
- The population-based oncological health care study OVIS - recruitment of the patients and analysis of the non-participantsRon Pritzkuleit
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology of University of Luebeck Germany, Beckergrube 43 47, 23552 Luebeck, Germany
BMC Cancer 8:311. 2008..The present study explores the possibility of conducting representative and population-based research on cancer care on the basis of data drawn from the Cancer Registry...
- Measuring prostate-specific quality of life in prostate cancer patients scheduled for radiotherapy or radical prostatectomy and reference men in Germany and Canada using the Patient Oriented Prostate Utility Scale-Psychometric (PORPUS-P)Annika Waldmann
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, University Luebeck, Beckergrube 43 47, 23552 Luebeck, Germany
BMC Cancer 9:295. 2009....
- [Relation of breast cancer tumour stage and the degree of registration in a population-based cancer registry]A Katalinic
Krebsregister Schleswig Holstein
Gesundheitswesen 65:509-15. 2003..The problem in using data from cancer registries occurs with the rather long time period until registration can be completed (up to 3 years). Thus, early usage of cancer registry data remains rather questionable...
- [Population-based cancer registration in Germany. Essentials and perspectives]A Katalinic
Universitat Lubeck, Lubeck
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 47:422-8. 2004..Scientists in the field of cancer epidemiology, public health, and cancer care are invited to use data of cancer registries for research and evaluation projects intensively...
- Decline in breast cancer incidence after decrease in utilisation of hormone replacement therapyAlexander Katalinic
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, University of Lubeck, Beckergrube 43 47, 23552, Lubeck, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:427-30. 2008..A drastic change in age-incidence relationship in breast cancer has taken place, the change is likely to continue and in future it has to be monitored closely with HRT use and other possible explanations...
- Beyond mammography screening: quality assurance in breast cancer diagnosis (The QuaMaDi Project)A Katalinic
Institute for Cancer Epidemiology, University of Luebeck, Beckergrube 43 47, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
Br J Cancer 96:157-61. 2007..6% vs Schleswig-Holstein: 48.6%), showing that the implementation of high standards in routine diagnostic mammography can improve the quality of breast cancer diagnosis and care...
- Up-to-date results on survival of patients with melanoma in GermanyN Eisemann
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Br J Dermatol 167:606-12. 2012..Prior analyses of survival of patients with primary cutaneous malignant melanoma from Germany were based only on small populations and need to be updated...
- [Description of the medical care of younger patients (<65 years) with colorectal cancer in Schleswig-Holstein--are diagnostics and therapy compliant with the actual S3-guidelines?]A Waldmann
Institut für Krebsepidemiologie e V IKE, Universitat zu Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Gesundheitswesen 69:216-23. 2007..But the data on therapy procedures indicated a good or at least satisfactory medical care...
- The OVIS study: health related quality of life measured by the EORTC QLQ-C30 and -BR23 in German female patients with breast cancer from Schleswig-HolsteinA Waldmann
Institute for Cancer Epidemiology e V, Beckergrube 43 47, 23552, Luebeck, Germany
Qual Life Res 16:767-76. 2007..Overall, we assume the global QoL is rating slightly too optimistic since major deficits were reported on the specific physical and functional scales/items...
- Epidemiology of cutaneous melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany: incidence, clinical subtypes, tumour stages and localization (epidemiology of skin cancer)A Katalinic
Institute for Cancer Epidemiology, University of Lubeck, Beckergrube 43 47, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
Br J Dermatol 149:1200-6. 2003..Population-based studies presumably show higher incidence rates of 10-16 cases in 100 000 persons. Few data exist for non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) as this is not systematically registered in Germany...
- [Utilization of inpatient rehabilitation of younger patients with colorectal neoplasms--results of the project "Popgen-colorectal cancer"]A Waldmann
Institut für Krebsepidemiologie an der Universität zu Lübeck
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 46:349-55. 2007..Therefore, we evaluated this topic in a population-based cohort of patients with colorectal cancer from Schleswig-Holstein. Data were obtained in the course of the Popgen study...
- [Colon cancer risk in persons at familial or hereditary risk aged < 55 years]A Waldmann
Universitat zu Lubeck, Institut für Krebsepidemiologie e V, Lubeck
Z Gastroenterol 47:1052-8. 2009....
- [Test-retest reliability of the OVIS Questionnaire--an instrument to evaluate oncological care from a patient's point of view]A Waldmann
Institut für Krebsepidemiologie e V, Universitat zu Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, Lubeck
Gesundheitswesen 72:707-13. 2010..The objective of this study (substudy of the OVIS study) is the evaluation of the test-retest reliability of this questionnaire in patients with breast cancer, who were questioned during and one year after primary therapy...
- [Population-based incidence rates of colorectal neoplasms (2000 - 2006) - has systematic colonoscopy screening an impact on incidence? A combined analysis of cancer registry data of the Federal States of Bremen, Hamburg, Saarland and Schleswig-Holstein]A Waldmann
Institut für Krebsepidemiologie e V, Lubeck
Z Gastroenterol 48:1358-66. 2010..Furthermore, an incidence decrease is expected due to systematic adenomectomy. Up to date, neither a systematic monitoring of epidemiological data nor a mortality evaluation has been contracted by law...
- Survival with nonmelanoma skin cancer in GermanyN Eisemann
Institute of Social Medicine and Epidemiology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23562, Lubeck, Germany
Br J Dermatol 174:778-85. 2016..Nonmelanoma skin cancer (NMSC) is the most common cancer in Germany, but detailed information on survival is lacking...
- Interval cancers after skin cancer screening: incidence, tumour characteristics and risk factors for cutaneous melanomaJ Hübner
Institute for Social Medicine and Epidemiology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, Lübeck 23562, Germany
Br J Cancer . 2016..The rate of interval cancers is an established indicator for the performance of a cancer-screening programme...
- Antenatal care in singleton pregnancies after ICSI as compared to spontaneous conception: data from a prospective controlled cohort study in GermanyA K Ludwig
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Hum Reprod 21:713-20. 2006..The aim was to compare the antenatal care and the intake of vitamins and medications of infertility patients with singleton pregnancies after ICSI to women with a spontaneously conceived singleton pregnancy...
- Pregnancy course and outcome after intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a controlled, prospective cohort studyAlexander Katalinic
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology and Institute for Social Medicine, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Fertil Steril 81:1604-16. 2004..To determine pregnancy course and major malformation rate after intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)...
- The TeleGuard trial of additional telemedicine care in CAD patients. 1 Utilization of the systemAlexander Katalinic
Institute for Social Medicine, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
J Telemed Telecare 14:17-21. 2008..001. Regardless of utilization, the majority of the intervention patients considered that the telemedicine system was helpful (users = 93%, non-users = 89%; P = 0.095)...
- Validation of 12-lead tele-electrocardiogram transmission in the real-life scenario of acute coronary syndromeBernhard Schwaab
Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Curschmann Klinik, Timmendorfer Strand, Germany
J Telemed Telecare 12:315-8. 2006..96, 0.99 and 0.99, respectively, for three investigators. The 12-lead tele-ECG recorder proved accurate for the detection of acute STEMI...
- Pre-hospital diagnosis of myocardial ischaemia by telecardiology: safety and efficacy of a 12-lead electrocardiogram, recorded and transmitted by the patientBernhard Schwaab
Curschmann Klinik, Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Timmendorfer Strand, Germany
J Telemed Telecare 11:41-4. 2005..99 and 1.00). The tele-ECG technique seems a promising approach to reducing pre- and in-hospital time delays to the initiation of thrombolytic therapy...
- Prescription practice for LH-RH analogs and androgen receptor antagonists in the treatment of advanced prostate cancer in Germany (1993-2003)Volker Rohde
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Urol Int 77:311-6. 2006....
- Cisapride may improve feeding tolerance of preterm infants: a randomized placebo-controlled trialMartina Kohl
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Biol Neonate 88:270-5. 2005..Two children developed cardiac rhythm disturbances. In conclusion premature infants may not benefit from routine use of the drug to improve enteral feeding, and seem to be more vulnerable to its side effects...
- Economical data and advanced prostate carcinoma: do we need new guidelines for decision making?Volker Rohde
Clinic of Urology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, D 35393 Giessen, Germany
Oncol Rep 9:1185-8. 2002..However, they must be complimented by validated data of quality of life, which can than be a basis for new guidelines of decision making...