Affiliation: University of Munich
- Cx43 increases serum induced filopodia formation via activation of p21-activated protein kinase 1Petra Kameritsch
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians Universität München and Munich University Hospital, Marchioninistr 27, 81377 Munchen, Germany DZHK German Centre for Cardiovascular Research, partner site Munich Heart Alliance, Biedersteiner Str 29, 80802 Munchen, Germany Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1853:2907-17. 2015..Our results provide a novel mechanism by which Cx43 can modify actin cytoskeletal dynamics and may thereby enhance cell migration. ..
- NO, via its target Cx37, modulates calcium signal propagation selectively at myoendothelial gap junctionsKristin Pogoda
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Munich Heart Alliance, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 12:33. 2014....
- Gap junctional communication promotes apoptosis in a connexin-type-dependent mannerP Kameritsch
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians Universität München and Munich University Hospital, Munich, Germany
Cell Death Dis 4:e584. 2013..Our observations suggest that Cx43 and Cx40 but not Cx37 promote apoptosis via gap junctional transfer of pro-apoptotic signals between cells...
- Gap junctional communication controls the overall endothelial calcium response to vasoactive agonistsPetra Kameritsch
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Marchioninistr 27, 81377 Munich, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 93:508-15. 2012..We investigated whether interendothelial spreading of the Ca(2+) signal via gap junctions (GJs) plays a role for the overall Ca(2+)(i) increase in response to vasoactive agonists...
- The carboxyl tail of Cx43 augments p38 mediated cell migration in a gap junction-independent mannerJuliane Behrens
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistr 27, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 89:828-38. 2010..These results demonstrate that expression of Cx43 augments migration via modulation of p38 MAP kinase activity. The carboxyl tail of Cx43 plays an essential role in this signalling pathway which is independent of gap junction function...
- Nitric oxide specifically reduces the permeability of Cx37-containing gap junctions to small moleculesPetra Kameritsch
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Schillerstr, Munich, Germany
J Cell Physiol 203:233-42. 2005..Our results demonstrate that NO inhibits the intercellular transfer of small molecules by a specific influence on Cx37, suggesting a potential role of NO in controlling certain aspects of vascular GJIC...