Carla S Jung
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Diagnostic markers for glioblastomaC S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Pathology, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg and Clinical Cooperation Unit Neuropathology, German Cancer Research Center, Germany
Histol Histopathol 26:1327-41. 2011..This review briefly compiles our concepts on diagnostic markers for GBM, focusing on the latest developments...
- CSF and Serum Biomarkers Focusing on Cerebral Vasospasm and Ischemia after Subarachnoid HemorrhageCarla S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, 60528 Frankfurt, Germany Department of Neurosurgery, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, 65120 Heidelberg, Germany
Stroke Res Treat 2013:560305. 2013..Glutamate also indicates ischemia. Serum S100B, but not NSE, is a suitable marker for ischemia. These results need to be validated in larger prospective cohorts...
- Endogenous nitric-oxide synthase inhibitor ADMA after acute brain injuryCarla S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
Int J Mol Sci 15:4088-103. 2014..ADMA and its metabolizing enzymes show significant temporal changes after TBI and may be new targets in TBI treatment. ..
- The CSF concentration of ADMA, but not of ET-1, is correlated with the occurrence and severity of cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageCarla S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Neurosci Lett 524:20-4. 2012..ADMA may be directly involved in the development and resolution of CVS after SAH via inhibition of NOS disturbing the balance of vasodilative and -constrictive components...
- Serum GFAP is a diagnostic marker for glioblastoma multiformeC S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Brain 130:3336-41. 2007..Therefore, it can be concluded that serum GFAP constitutes a diagnostic biomarker for GBM. Future studies should investigate whether serum GFAP could also be used to monitor therapeutic effects and whether it may have a prognostic value...
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibitors and cerebral vasospasmC S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 110:87-91. 2011..Research elucidating the role of NOS inhibitors in respect of delayed cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage is summarized...
- Helmet use in winter sport activities--attitude and opinion of neurosurgeons and non-traumatic-brain-injury-educated personsCarla S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69121 Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:101-6; discussion 106. 2011..Especially, it is unknown whether knowledge or experience concerning TBI in winter sports influences the use of helmets, as well as the attitude and opinion of people...
- Attitude and opinion of neurosurgeons concerning protective bicycle-helmet useCarla S Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, University Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 27:871-5. 2010..With respect to compulsory helmet use, NS are also split in half. Experience with TBI and trauma education has effects. However, education alone does not suffice in promoting the use of bicycle helmets...
- Cerebral metabolism after early decompression craniotomy following controlled cortical impact injury in ratsKlaus Zweckberger
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neurol Res 33:875-80. 2011..Any significant beneficial effects on metabolic changes, however, could not be proven in this very early stage after moderate CCII...
- Role of endogenous monomethylated L-arginine (L-NMMA) after subarachnoid hemorrhageCarla S Jung
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Neurol Res 35:709-12. 2013..We therefore decided to investigate the role of endogenous L-NMMA with regard to CVS and DCI after SAH...