Affiliation: University of Munich
- Emergency chest tube placement in trauma care - which approach is preferable?Stefan Huber-Wagner
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik Innenstadt, Nussbaumstrasse 20, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Resuscitation 72:226-33. 2007..3. intercostal space) or lateral (4.-6. intercostal space) approach. The aim of this study was to determine, whether there are any differences between the two approaches in respect of malposition and complications...
- Outcome in 757 severely injured patients with traumatic cardiorespiratory arrestStefan Huber-Wagner
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Campus Innenstadt, Nussbaumstrasse 20, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Resuscitation 75:276-85. 2007..The purpose of this investigation was to determine predictive factors for mortality in trauma patients having received external chest compressions (ECC)...
- The sequential trauma score - a new instrument for the sequential mortality prediction in major traumaS Huber-Wagner
Munich University Hospital LMU, Department of Trauma Surgery, Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 15:185-95. 2010..We intended to develop a sequential trauma score (STS) that allows prognosis at several early stages based on the information that is available at a particular time...
- Duration and predictors of emergency surgical operations--basis for medical management of mass casualty incidentsS Huber-Wagner
Munich University Hospital LMU, Department of Trauma Surgery Campus Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:532-40. 2009..A significantly limiting factor of a hospital's capability to treat those affected is its surgical capacity. We therefore intended to provide data about the duration and predictors of life saving operations...
- Massive blood transfusion and outcome in 1062 polytrauma patients: a prospective study based on the Trauma Registry of the German Trauma SocietyS Huber-Wagner
Munich University Hospital, Department of Trauma Surgery, Nussbaumstrasse 20, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Vox Sang 92:69-78. 2007..In general, the prognosis of trauma patients receiving MBT is considered to be poor. The purpose of this study was to investigate the impact of MBT on the outcome of polytrauma patients...
- Effect of whole-body CT during trauma resuscitation on survival: a retrospective, multicentre studyStefan Huber-Wagner
Munich University Hospital, Department of Trauma Surgery Campus Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Lancet 373:1455-61. 2009..We therefore compared the probability of survival in patients with blunt trauma who had whole-body CT during resuscitation with those who had not...
- Evaluation of a CT triage protocol for mass casualty incidents: results from two large-scale exercisesMarkus Korner
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospital Munich, Nussbaumstr 20, 80336, Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:1867-74. 2009..The calculated capacities per hour were 9.4 vs. 9.8 for examinations completed, and 8.2 vs. 7.2 for reports completed. In conclusion, CT triage is feasible and produced constant results with this dedicated and fast protocol...
- Whole-body CT in haemodynamically unstable severely injured patients--a retrospective, multicentre studyStefan Huber-Wagner
Department of Trauma Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e68880. 2013..We aimed to assess whether WBCT during trauma-room treatment has any effect on the mortality of severely injured patients in shock...
- Flexible intramedullary nailing of a displaced transverse sternal fracture associated with a flexion-compression injury of the thoracic spineMarkus Regauer
Department of Surgery, University of Munich, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:E553-8. 2010..A case report...
- Predictors of poor outcomes after significant chest trauma in multiply injured patients: a retrospective analysis from the German Trauma Registry (Trauma Register DGU®)Stephan Huber
Department of Trauma Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich TUM, Ismaninger Str 22, D 81675, Munich, Germany
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 22:52. 2014..Hence, the aim of this study was to identify the influence of critical structural damages on mortality...
- Clinical and radiological outcome following treatment of displaced lateral clavicle fractures using a locking compression plate with lateral extension: a prospective studyMarc Beirer
Department of Trauma Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstrasse 22, Munich 81675, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:380. 2014..A recently developed implant showed a promising functional outcome in a small collective of patients...
- Emergency cesarean section due to acute aortic dissection type A (Debakey I) without Marfan syndrome: a case report and review of the literatureMarc Beirer
Department of Trauma Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Emerg Med 46:e13-7. 2014..Acute aortic dissection Stanford type A (AADA) DeBakey I during pregnancy without signs of Marfan syndrome as a warning signal is very uncommon in the current literature...
- [Escalator-related injuries]Philipe N Khalil
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
MMW Fortschr Med 150:38-40. 2008