Claus Peter Heussel
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Importance of pulmonary imaging diagnostics in the management of febrile neutropenic patientsClaus Peter Heussel
Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Chest Clinics at University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Mycoses 54:17-26. 2011..Then, the perspectives for imaging techniques beyond early detection of pulmonary foci--exclusion of pneumonia, monitoring, characterisation of infiltrates and guidance for intervention--are reviewed...
- Contrast enhanced CT-scans are not comparable to non-enhanced scans in emphysema quantificationC P Heussel
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Radiology, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, University Hospital Heidelberg, Amalienstrasse 5, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 74:473-8. 2010..Therefore the amount of quantified emphysema is reduced and the lung density increased after contrast enhancement. In longitudinal analyses, non-enhanced scans should be the reference, while enhanced scans cannot be used...
- Fully automatic quantitative assessment of emphysema in computed tomography: comparison with pulmonary function testing and normal valuesC P Heussel
Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, University Hospital Heidelberg, Amalienstrasse 5, 69126, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:2391-402. 2009..An emphysema index of lower 20%, MLD higher than -850, and 15(th) percentile lower than -950 might be regarded as normal (thin-section, nonenhanced, B40, YACTA). These ranges might be helpful in the judgement of individual measures...
- Impact of Comorbidities on Mortality in Patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisMichael Kreuter
Centre for Interstitial and Rare Lung Diseases, Pneumology and Respiratory Critical Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 11:e0151425. 2016..However, their prognostic impact is not fully understood. We therefore aimed to determine the impact of comorbidities, as individual and as whole, on survival in IPF...
- Detection and size of pulmonary lesions: how accurate is MRI? A prospective comparison of CT and MRITobias Heye
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Radiol 53:153-60. 2012..Therefore, the diagnostic performance of MRI in reliably detecting pulmonary lesions should be established...
- Outcome and prognostic factors of postoperative radiation therapy (PORT) after incomplete resection of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Juliane Rieber
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Heidelberg Institute of Radiation Oncology, Germany
Lung Cancer 91:41-7. 2016..However, there is still a paucity of evidence for this approach. Hence, we analyzed survival in 78 patients following radiotherapy for incompletely resected NSCLC (R1) and investigated prognostic factors...
- Correlation of radio- and histomorphological pattern of pulmonary adenocarcinomaMathieu Lederlin
Dept of Radiology, UniversityHospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, France
Eur Respir J 41:943-51. 2013..These data may form the basis for the development of future prognostic algorithms in the palliative setting, which include an integrated evaluation of biopsy histomorphology and CT scan morphology of nonresectable pulmonary ADC...
- Quantitative Emphysema Distribution in Anatomic and Non-anatomic Lung RegionsMichael Owsijewitsch
1Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
COPD 12:257-66. 2015....
- Pleuroparenchymal fibroelastosis in association with carcinomasEva Baroke
Department of Pneumology and Respiratory Critical Care Medicine, Center for Interstitial and Rare Lung Diseases, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respirology 21:191-4. 2016..We identified six patients with PPFE, four of them with a coexisting malignancy. The case series suggests that PPFE might be an implication of varying factors rather than being an exclusively idiopathic condition. ..
- Efficacy of bronchoscopic thermal vapor ablation and lobar fissure completeness in patients with heterogeneous emphysemaDaniela Gompelmann
Pneumology and Critical Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 83:400-6. 2012....
- Fully Automated Pulmonary Lobar Segmentation: Influence of Different Prototype Software Programs onto Quantitative Evaluation of Chronic Obstructive Lung DiseaseHyun Ju Lim
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 11:e0151498. 2016..We aimed to evaluate the inter-software variability of emphysema quantification using fully automated lobar segmentation prototypes...
- Pirfenidone in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: real-life experience from a German tertiary referral center for interstitial lung diseasesUte Oltmanns
Department of Pneumology and Respiratory Critical Care Medicine, Outpatient Clinic for Interstitial and Rare Lung Diseases, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 88:199-207. 2014..Pirfenidone is a novel antifibrotic drug for the treatment of mild-to-moderate idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). However, adverse events may offset treatment benefits and compliance...
- Effectiveness of endobronchial coil treatment for lung volume reduction in patients with severe heterogeneous emphysema and bilateral incomplete fissures: a six-month follow-upKonstantina Kontogianni
Department of Pulmonology and Respiratory Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik at the University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 88:52-60. 2014..Treatment with lung volume reduction coils (LVRC) may be effective in patients with severe heterogeneous emphysema and incomplete fissures...
- Sublobar Resection, Radiofrequency Ablation or Radiotherapy in Stage I Non-Small Cell Lung CancerSeyer Safi
Departments of Thoracic Surgery, Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 89:550-7. 2015..The best therapy for patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who are medically unfit for lobectomy or prefer not to undergo surgery has not yet been demonstrated...
- NUT carcinoma of the thorax: Case report and review of the literatureAlexander Harms
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany
Lung Cancer 90:484-91. 2015..We describe specific clinical, histomorphological, and molecular characteristics of this tumor and provide a comprehensive review of the current literature on these rare neoplasms. ..
- Invasive lung cancer staging: influence of CT-guided core needle biopsy on onset of pleural carcinomatosisPaul Flechsig
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Member of the German Center for Lung Research DZL, Translational Lung Research Center Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Electronic address
Clin Imaging 39:56-61. 2015..CTNB was not associated with an earlier onset of PC, identifying CTNB as a safe procedure for minimally invasive lung cancer staging. ..
- Visualization of morphological parenchymal changes in emphysema: comparison of different MRI sequences to 3D-HRCTJulia Ley-Zaporozhan
Department of Pediatric Radiology, Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 73:43-9. 2010..However, the capability of MRI to visualize morphological parenchymal alterations in emphysema is undetermined. Thus, the aim of the study was to compare different MRI sequences with CT...
- Lung sequestration: a rare cause for pulmonary symptoms in adulthoodDaniela Gompelmann
Department of Pneumology and Respiratory Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 82:445-50. 2011..Lung sequestration is a rare congenital pulmonary disorder and is usually diagnosed in children with recurrent pulmonary infections. Lung sequestrations are not commonly found to be a cause of respiratory symptoms in adults...
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in cystic fibrosis lung diseaseMonika Eichinger
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, Radiology E010, Heidelberg, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:1370-8. 2010..The recommendation is to further reduce radiation dose related to the use of CT and to use MRI in the follow-up of morphological changes where possible...
- Outcome and prognostic factors of multimodal therapy for pulmonary large-cell neuroendocrine carcinomasJuliane Rieber
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 20:64. 2015..This study was set up to determine the incidence of brain metastases and to investigate the outcome following multimodal treatment in 70 patients with LCNEC...
- Quantitative volumetric CT-histogram analysis in N-staging of 18F-FDG-equivocal patients with lung cancerPaul Flechsig
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Nucl Med 55:559-64. 2014..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether volumetric CT histogram analysis can improve the characterization of lymph nodes on PET/CT staging of patients with lung cancer...
- LungPoint--a new approach to peripheral lesionsRalf Eberhardt
Department of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Thorac Oncol 5:1559-63. 2010..We wanted to explore whether a new bronchoscopic navigation system could help access the peripheral lung airways and enable lesion sampling...
- Visual vs Fully Automatic Histogram-Based Assessment of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) Progression Using Sequential Multidetector Computed Tomography (MDCT)Davide Colombi
Department of Surgical Sciences, Section of Diagnostic Imaging at University of Parma, Parma, Italy Translational Lung Research Centre TLRC, Member of the German Center for Lung Research DZL, Heidelberg, Germany Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0130653. 2015....
- [Microscopic polyangiitis as etiology for lung fibrosis--a known but often late-diagnosed cause]Daniela Rosa Gompelmann
Pneumologie, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 104:476-9. 2009..It is characterized by progressive exertional dyspnea, radiologic detection of reticular shadowing, and increased titers of MPA-associated autoantibodies. This case study shall remind of the rare treatable cause of lung fibrosis...