Affiliation: University of Regensburg
- Rifampin and rifabutin resistance mechanism in Helicobacter pyloriM Heep
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Universitatsklinikum Regensburg, D 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1497-9. 1999..All resistant laboratory mutants of H. pylori ATCC 43504 showed amino acid exchanges in codons 524 to 545 or codon 585 of the rpoB gene, corresponding to the gene sequences from Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Escherichia coli...
- Transport and storage of fresh and frozen gastric biopsy specimens for optimal recovery of Helicobacter pyloriM Heep
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Uniklinik Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 37:3764-6. 1999..Recovery rates were 94, 87, and 77% from biopsy specimens in Portagerm pylori in cooled containers after 1, 2, and 3 days of transport, respectively (n = 307), and 97% if stored and shipped in glycerol broth at -70 degrees C (n = 232)...
- Mutations in the beginning of the rpoB gene can induce resistance to rifamycins in both Helicobacter pylori and Mycobacterium tuberculosisM Heep
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Regensburg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:1075-7. 2000..In transformation experiments, the mutation was shown to confer high-level rifabutin resistance. The equivalent mutation (V176F) was present in several resistant isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- Mutations at four distinct regions of the rpoB gene can reduce the susceptibility of Helicobacter pylori to rifamycinsM Heep
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:1713-5. 2000..RpoB V149X random mutations were generated and induced different levels of resistance, depending on the replacement amino acid. Mutagenesis of the rpoB gene at codon position 701 (R701H) induced low-level resistance...
- Detection of rifabutin resistance and association of rpoB mutations with resistance to four rifamycin derivatives in Helicobacter pyloriM Heep
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Uniklinik Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:143-5. 2002
- Frequency of rpoB mutations inside and outside the cluster I region in rifampin-resistant clinical Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolatesM Heep
Institut fuer Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, , Regensburg, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 39:107-10. 2001..tuberculosis. We further demonstrated that heteroresistance caused by a mixture of mycobacterial subpopulations with different susceptibilities to RIF may influence the sensitivity of molecular tests for detection of resistance...