Affiliation: University of Duisburg-Essen
- Comparison of thromboelastometry with procalcitonin, interleukin 6, and C-reactive protein as diagnostic tests for severe sepsis in critically ill adultsMichael Adamzik
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitätsklinikum Essen und Universität Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstr, 55, 45130 Essen, Germany
Crit Care 14:R178. 2010..We investigated whether thromboelastometry variables are suitable as biomarkers for severe sepsis in critically ill adults...
- Pharmacology and clinical use of recombinant activated factor seven in neurosciencesMatthias Hartmann
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Neurocrit Care 6:149-57. 2007..At time, its use can be justified in life-threatening bleeding situations refractory to conventional treatment...
- Heat shock inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced tissue factor activity in human whole bloodChristoph Sucker
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital, Essen, Germany
Thromb J 5:13. 2007..There are indications, that fever reduces the mortality of sepsis, the effect on tissue factor activity on monocytes is unknown. Therefore, we investigated whether heat shock modulates LPS-induced tissue factor activity in human blood...
- Thiopental inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced tissue factor expressionMatthias Hartmann
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstr 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Anesth Analg 109:109-13. 2009..Because thiopental has been described to modulate the immune system, we tested the hypothesis that thiopental alters the LPS-induced tissue factor expression...
- Melatonin does not affect disseminated intravascular coagulation but diminishes decreases in platelet count during subacute endotoxaemia in ratsMaren Oude Lansink
Institute for Physiological Chemistry, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Thromb Res 139:38-43. 2016..Here, we studied whether MLT also diminishes the lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) during subacute endotoxaemia...
- High brain-natriuretic peptide level predicts cirrhotic cardiomyopathy in liver transplant patientsFuat H Saner
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Transpl Int 24:425-32. 2011..Increased serum-BNP was associated with an overall higher mortality rate...
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced hemolysis: Evidence for direct membrane interactionsStephan Brauckmann
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Germany
Sci Rep 6:35508. 2016..It might thus be hypothesized, that not all effects of LPS are mediated by TLR and may explain LPS toxicity in cells missing TLR...
- The NFKB1 promoter polymorphism (-94ins/delATTG) alters nuclear translocation of NF-κB1 in monocytes after lipopolysaccharide stimulation and is associated with increased mortality in sepsisMichael Adamzik
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Anesthesiology 118:123-33. 2013....
- Effects of cardiac surgery on hemostasisMatthias Hartmann
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany
Transfus Med Rev 20:230-41. 2006..In the future, recombinant activated factor VIIa might prove to be a therapeutic option in patients with otherwise untractable bleeding, but the efficacy of recombinant activated factor VIIa has yet to be defined for this indication...
- Hemostasis in liver transplantation: Pathophysiology, monitoring, and treatmentMatthias Hartmann
Matthias Hartmann, Cynthia Szalai, Klinik für Anaesthesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen, D 45122 Essen, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 22:1541-50. 2016..Notably, the bed-side monitoring of anticoagulant pathways and the thrombotic risk is not possible at time and thus a cautious and restrictive use of blood products is recommended. ..
- Effects of glycine, pyruvate, resveratrol, and nitrite on tissue injury and cytokine response in endotoxemic ratsTim Hamburger
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitatsklinikum, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Surg Res 183:e7-e21. 2013..Here, we compared their effects in acute lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced shock in rats to assess whether inhibition of the proinflammatory cytokine response is a prerequisite for their protective actions...
- Prognostic impact of previous percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with diabetes mellitus and triple-vessel disease undergoing coronary artery bypass surgeryMatthias Thielmann
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, West German Heart Center Essen, Essen, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:470-6. 2007..We sought to determine whether previous PCI has a prognostic impact on outcome in patients with diabetes mellitus and triple-vessel disease...
- Intentional circulatory arrest to facilitate surgical repair of a massively bleeding arteryLothar A Schwarte
Department of Anesthesiology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Anesth Analg 97:339-40, table of contents. 2003..Cardiocirculatory arrest can be induced by adenosine and maintained over several minutes by application of high positive end-expiratory pressure to allow surgical control of a near hemorrhage from a large ruptured artery...
- Recombinant activated factor VII in the treatment of near-fatal bleeding during pediatric brain tumor surgery. Report of two cases and review of the literatureMatthias Hartmann
Department of Anesthesiology, and Institute for Hemostasis and Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurosurg 104:55-8. 2006..Remarkably, rFVIIa was effective in the present cases in which assessment of hemostasis yielded normal results. The use of rFVIIa should be considered in otherwise untreatable microvascular bleeding in pediatric neurosurgery...