Affiliation: University of Bonn
- [Nursing workload indices TISS-10, TISS-28, and NEMS : Higher workload with agitation and delirium is not reflected]U Guenther
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Universitätsklinikum der Rheinischen Friedrich Wilhelms Universität, Sigmund Freud Strase 25, 53105, Bonn, Deutschland
Med Klin Intensivmed Notfmed 111:57-64. 2016..Secondary aims were if indices correlated, and what effects delirium and agitation had on financial balances...
- Predisposing and precipitating factors of delirium after cardiac surgery: a prospective observational cohort studyUlf Guenther
Klinik für Anästhesiologie and Operative Intensivmedizin, Universitätsklinikum der Rheinischen Friedrich Wilhelms Universität Bonn, Germany
Ann Surg 257:1160-7. 2013..To comprehensively assess pre-, intra-, and postoperative delirium risk factors as potential targets for intervention...
- Selective 5-HT(1A)-R-agonist repinotan prevents remifentanil-induced ventilatory depression and prolongs antinociceptionUlf Guenther
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Bonn University Hospital, Bonn, Germany
Anesthesiology 116:56-64. 2012....
- Implications of objective vs subjective delirium assessment in surgical intensive care patientsUlf Guenther
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Bonn University Hospital, Germany
Am J Crit Care 21:e12-20. 2012..Its incidence may be underestimated or overestimated if delirium is assessed by using subjective clinical impression alone rather than an objective instrument...
- Validity and reliability of the CAM-ICU Flowsheet to diagnose delirium in surgical ICU patientsUlf Guenther
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Germany
J Crit Care 25:144-51. 2010..This study determined the validity and reliability of the "CAM-ICU Flowsheet," a practical, time-sparing algorithm to assess the 4 delirium criteria in intubated patients...
- [Postoperative delirium and cognitive deficit. Routine delirium monitoring in the intensive care unit]Ulf Günther
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie und Operative Intensivmedizin, Universtätsklinikum Bonn
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 45:118-22; quiz 123-6. 2010..This paper describes the general pitfalls during the introducing of a delirium screening tool and provides tips for daily delirium monitoring...
- Repinotan, a selective 5-HT1A-R-agonist, antagonizes morphine-induced ventilatory depression in anesthetized ratsU Guenther
University Hospital of Bonn, Clinic of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Bonn, Germany
Anesth Analg 111:901-7. 2010..In this study, we sought to establish (a) the effects of repinotan on spontaneous breathing and nociception, and (b) the interaction with the standard opiate morphine...
- The counteraction of opioid-induced ventilatory depression by the serotonin 1A-agonist 8-OH-DPAT does not antagonize antinociception in rats in situ and in vivoUlf Guenther
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, Bonn, Germany
Anesth Analg 108:1169-76. 2009..Two hypotheses were tested: 1) 8-OH-DPAT at a dose to stimulate spontaneous breathing does not activate nociceptive reflexes. 2) 8-OH-DPAT does not diminish opioid-induced antinociception...
- Percutaneous and surgical tracheostomy in critically ill adult patients: a meta-analysisChristian Putensen
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strase 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Crit Care 18:544. 2014..The aim of this study was to conduct a meta-analysis to determine whether percutaneous tracheostomy (PT) techniques are advantageous over surgical tracheostomy (ST), and if one PT technique is superior to the others...
- Delirium in the postanaesthesia periodUlf Guenther
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 24:670-5. 2011..It is a condition particularly relevant to patients with increasing age...
- Tidal recruitment assessed by electrical impedance tomography and computed tomography in a porcine model of lung injury*Thomas Muders
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Crit Care Med 40:903-11. 2012..To determine the validity of electrical impedance tomography to detect and quantify the amount of tidal recruitment caused by different positive end-expiratory pressure levels in a porcine acute lung injury model...
- Patients prone for postoperative delirium: preoperative assessment, perioperative prophylaxis, postoperative treatmentUlf Guenther
aPD Dr med Ulf Guenther DESA, EDIC, Linda Riedel, Klinik für Anästhesiologie and Operative Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Bonn, Germany bPD Dr med Finn M Radtke, Anæstesiafdelingen, Næstved Sygehus, Næstved, Denmark
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 29:384-90. 2016..The aim of this study was to review current literature on identification of patients at risk for postoperative delirium (POD) and to summarize recent findings on prophylaxis and treatment...
- Intraoperative burst suppression is associated with postoperative delirium following cardiac surgery: a prospective, observational studyMartin Soehle
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
BMC Anesthesiol 15:61. 2015..We analysed whether perioperative bilateral BIS monitoring may detect abnormalities before the onset of POD in cardiac surgery patients...
- Extended therapeutic hypothermia for several days during extracorporeal membrane-oxygenation after drowning and cardiac arrest Two cases of survival with no neurological sequelaeUlf Guenther
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Resuscitation 80:379-81. 2009..We speculate that prolonged hypothermia was not only neuroprotective, but also minimized reperfusion injury including pulmonary oedema. Extension of hypothermia for several days seems safe and feasible in selected cases...