Genomes and Genes
Niels H Gehring
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Disassembly of exon junction complexes by PYMNiels H Gehring
University of Heidelberg and European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Germany
Cell 137:536-48. 2009..In cells depleted of PYM, EJCs accumulate on spliced mRNAs and EJC protein recycling is impaired. Hence, PYM is an EJC disassembly factor that acts both in vitro and in living cells, and that antagonizes important EJC functions...
- Exon-junction complex components specify distinct routes of nonsense-mediated mRNA decay with differential cofactor requirementsNiels H Gehring
Molecular Medicine Partnership Unit, University of Heidelberg and European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg 69120, Germany
Mol Cell 20:65-75. 2005..These results are integrated into a nonlinear model for mammalian NMD involving alternative routes of entry that converge at a common requirement of UPF1...
- The hierarchy of exon-junction complex assembly by the spliceosome explains key features of mammalian nonsense-mediated mRNA decayNiels H Gehring
Molecular Medicine Partnership Unit, University of Heidelberg and European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS Biol 7:e1000120. 2009..Based on this systematic analysis of EJC assembly by the spliceosome, we propose a model of how a functional EJC is assembled in a strictly sequential and hierarchical fashion, including nuclear splicing-dependent and cytoplasmic steps...
- A chemiluminescence-based reporter system to monitor nonsense-mediated mRNA decayStephanie Boelz
Molecular Medicine Partnership Unit, University of Heidelberg and European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Im Neuenheimer Feld 156, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:186-91. 2006..Wortmannin treatment enhanced NMD reporter expression in our system in a dose-dependent way, illustrating its utility for small molecule screening...
- NKAP is a novel RS-related protein that interacts with RNA and RNA binding proteinsBhagyashri D Burgute
Institute of Biochemistry I, Medical Faculty, Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne CMMC, 50931 Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases CECAD, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany, Institute of Genetics, University of Cologne, 50931 Cologne, Germany and Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, IGB, Muggelseedamm 301, 12587 Berlin, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 42:3177-93. 2014..Our results reveal NKAP as nuclear speckle protein with roles in RNA splicing and processing. ..