Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Psychophysiological and vocal measures in the detection of guilty knowledgeMatthias Gamer
Department of Psychology, Interdisciplinary Research Group Forensic Psychophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Staudingerweg 9, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Int J Psychophysiol 60:76-87. 2006..In contrast to these results, the vocal measures provided by the computerized voice stress analysis system TrusterPro were shown to be invalid for the detection of guilty knowledge...
- Covariations among fMRI, skin conductance, and behavioral data during processing of concealed informationMatthias Gamer
Department of Psychology, Interdisciplinary Research Group Forensic Psychophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 28:1287-301. 2007..This result provides a first link between behavioral measures, sympathetic arousal, and neural activation patterns during a GKT examination...
- Are you looking at me? Measuring the cone of gazeMatthias Gamer
Department of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 33:705-15. 2007..The direction of the gaze cone was largely affected by all experimental manipulations, whereas its angular width remained comparatively stable...
- Depersonalization disorder: disconnection of cognitive evaluation from autonomic responses to emotional stimuliMatthias Michal
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center, Mainz, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e74331. 2013..Furthermore, we examined the modulatory effect of mindful breathing on these responses as well as on depersonalization intensity...
- Naive optics: acting on mirror reflectionsHeiko Hecht
Psychologisches Institut, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Staudingerweg 9, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 31:1023-38. 2005..The authors present a 2-stage hypothesis consisting of an implicit bias of judging the mirror surface to be turned toward the observer's line of sight followed by a normalization that becomes explicit...
- Surface lightness influences perceived room heightDaniel Oberfeld
Department of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz, Germany
Q J Exp Psychol (Hove) 63:1999-2011. 2010..Neither can the results be explained by previously reported effects of brightness on apparent depth or perceived distance...
- Emotional effects on time-to-contact judgments: arousal, threat, and fear of spiders modulate the effect of pictorial contentEsther Brendel
Department of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, 55099, Mainz, Germany
Exp Brain Res 232:2337-47. 2014..This could delay time-to-contact judgments according to the known size-arrival effect. Our results add to the growing literature examining affective influences on visual perception. ..
- Electrodermal and phasic heart rate responses in the Guilty Actions Test: comparing guilty examinees to informed and uninformed innocentsMatthias Gamer
Department of Systems Neuroscience, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Int J Psychophysiol 69:61-8. 2008..With respect to the HR data, however, no habituation was observed. Findings suggest that GAT results could not exclusively be interpreted by referring to the OR...