Affiliation: University of Greifswald
- High-frequency oscillation ventilation for hypercapnic failure of conventional ventilation in pulmonary acute respiratory distress syndromeSigrun Friesecke
Department of Internal Medicine B, Division of Cardiology, Pneumology and Critical Care Medicine, University Medicine Greifswald, Ferdinand Sauerbruch Straße, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care 19:201. 2015..Due to its special physical effects, it could be beneficial, however, in inhomogeneous ARDS. This study evaluates the effect of HFOV on PaCO2 removal in hypercapnic patients with ARDS of pulmonary origin...
- Fish oil supplementation in the parenteral nutrition of critically ill medical patients: a randomised controlled trialSigrun Friesecke
Department of Internal Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
Intensive Care Med 34:1411-20. 2008....
- Outcome of severe lactic acidosis associated with metformin accumulationSigrun Friesecke
Department of Cardiology, Pneumology and Intensive Care Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, 17475 Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care 14:R226. 2010..Profound lactic acidosis (LA) generally predicts poor outcome. We aimed to determine if MALA differs in outcome from LA of other origin (LAOO)...
- Discrepant post filter ionized calcium concentrations by common blood gas analyzers in CRRT using regional citrate anticoagulationPatrik Schwarzer
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University Medicine Greifswald, Ferdinand Sauerbruch Strasse, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care 19:321. 2015..We present results of iCa measurements from six different blood gas analyzers and the impact on clinical decisions based on the recommendations of the dialysis' device manufacturer...
- Comparison of pulmonary artery and aortic transpulmonary thermodilution for monitoring of cardiac output in patients with severe heart failure: validation of a novel methodSigrun Friesecke
Department of Internal Medicine B, Division of Cardiology, Pneumology, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care Med 37:119-23. 2009..Our objective was to evaluate the correlation between these two methods of CO determination in patients with severe left ventricular dysfunction...
- Quality Improvement Initiative for Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock Reduces 90-Day Mortality: A 7.5-Year Observational StudyChristian S Scheer
1Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany 2Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany 3Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany 4Department of Microbiology, University Hospital of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Crit Care Med . 2016..Furthermore, effects on compliance rates for antiinfective therapy within the recommended 1-hour interval are evaluated...
- Improvement of enteral nutrition in intensive care unit patients by a nurse-driven feeding protocolSigrun Friesecke
S Friesecke, MD, Division of Cardiology, Pneumology and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine B, Universitätsmedizin Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Nurs Crit Care 19:204-10. 2014..To examine whether early enteral nutrition (EN) of critically ill patients could be improved by a nurse-driven implementation of an existing feeding protocol...
- Evaluation of a non-invasive multisensor accelerometer for calculating energy expenditure in ventilated intensive care patients compared to indirect calorimetry and predictive equationsJanine Krüger
Department of Medicine A, University Medicine Greifswald, Ferdinand Sauerbruch Straße, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
J Clin Monit Comput . 2016..Individual measurements are often inaccurate and should be used with caution until improved algorithms, based on the results of this study, have been implemented...
- Prevalence and clinical implications of anti-PF4/heparin antibodies in intensive care patients: a prospective observational studySixten Selleng
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Medicine Greifswald, Sauerbruchstr, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
J Thromb Thrombolysis 39:60-7. 2015..Among patients testing positive by IgG-specific EIA a functional platelet activation assay should be performed (regarding only strong reactions as positive). ..
- Treatment of severe neurological deficits with IgG depletion through immunoadsorption in patients with Escherichia coli O104:H4-associated haemolytic uraemic syndrome: a prospective trialAndreas Greinacher
Institut für Immunologie und Transfusionsmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
Lancet 378:1166-73. 2011..Some patients needed ventilatory support due to severe neurological complications, which arose 1 week after onset of enteritis, suggesting an antibody-mediated mechanism. Therefore, we aimed to assess immunoadsorption as rescue therapy...