Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Prevalence of movement disorders in adolescent patients with schizophrenia and in relationship to predominantly atypical antipsychotic treatmentStefan Gebhardt
Dept of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Philipps University of Marburg, Rudolf Bultmann Strasse 8, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:371-82. 2006..To examine prevalence of movement disorders (MDs) such as tardive dyskinesia (TD), parkinsonism or akathisia in an adolescent population with schizophrenia and in relationship to predominantly atypical antipsychotic treatment...
- Clinical drug monitoring in child and adolescent psychiatry: side effects of atypical neurolepticsChristian Fleischhaker
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 8, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 16:308-16. 2006..The aim of this study was to improve and evaluate the practibility of a method for the assessment of drug-associated side effects, and we implemented a clinical drug monitoring for atypical neuroleptics...
- Weight gain associated with clozapine, olanzapine and risperidone in children and adolescentsC Fleischhaker
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Albert Ludwig University, Freiburg, Germany
J Neural Transm 114:273-80. 2007..8 kg, SD = 1.3) and clozapine (mean = 2.5 kg, SD = 2.9) groups. Olanzapine and risperidone, but not clozapine, caused a disproportionately higher weight gain in children and adolescents in comparison to adults...
- [Dialectical Behaviour Therapy for adolescents (DBT-A)--a pilot study on the therapy of suicidal, parasuicidal, and self-injurious behaviour in female patients with a borderline disorder]Christian Fleischhaker
Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychosomatik, Abteilung für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie im Kindes und Jugendalter, Freiburg
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 34:15-25; quiz 26-7. 2006..The main hypothesis of our study is that Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for adolescents is an effective method of treatment for these patients...
- Long-term course of adolescent schizophreniaChristian Fleischhaker
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Hauptstr 8, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Schizophr Bull 31:769-80. 2005..Premorbid adjustment was the best predictor of outcome in our schizophrenia sample. A poor prognosis was found in patients with premorbid developmental delays and those who were introverted and withdrawn before their psychotic state...
- Comorbid psychiatric disorders in female adolescents with first-onset anorexia nervosaK Bühren
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University Clinics RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Eur Eat Disord Rev 22:39-44. 2014..To disentangle the effects of duration of illness on comorbid psychiatric symptoms, we investigated the rates of comorbid psychiatric disorders, suicidality and self-harm behaviour in adolescent patients with a first onset of AN...
- Management of schizophrenia in children and adolescents. The role of clozapineH Remschmidt
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Paediatr Drugs 2:253-62. 2000..Careful monitoring of haematological parameters and other adverse effects are preconditions for a successful treatment programme...
- Forty-two-years later: the outcome of childhood-onset schizophreniaH Remschmidt
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Neural Transm 114:505-12. 2007....
- [Psychotic disorders and drug abuse in adolescents]C Fleischhaker
Universitätsklinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität, Abteilung für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie im Kindes und Jugendalter, Freiburg
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 30:87-95. 2002..The relation between substance abuse and symptoms of psychosis as well as related disorders was evaluated among patients at the Hospital for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy of the University of Marburg...
- Transmission disequilibrium studies in children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorders pertaining to polymorphisms of genes of the serotonergic pathwayS Walitza
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
J Neural Transm 111:817-25. 2004..We did not detect transmission disequilibrium of the investigated polymorphisms in OCD. Hence, these polymorphisms do not play a major role in the genetic predisposition to early onset OCD...
- Comparison of metabolic profiles of acutely ill and short-term weight recovered patients with anorexia nervosa reveals alterations of 33 out of 163 metabolitesM Föcker
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Duisburg Essen, Wickenburgstr 21, 45147 Essen, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 46:1600-9. 2012..Further studies are warranted to distinguish between state and trait related alterations and to establish diagnostic sensitivity and specificity of the thus altered metabolites...
- [Twenty-year follow-up investigation of the Clinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry "Haus Vogt"]Christian Fleischhaker
Abteilung für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie im Kindes und Jugendalter, Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychosomatik der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 36:191-203. 2008..The present study analyses the long-term course of disease among patients who underwent inpatient psychotherapeutic treatment in a psychiatric hospital for children and adolescents...
- Relations between movement disorders and psychopathology under predominantly atypical antipsychotic treatment in adolescent patients with schizophreniaStefan Gebhardt
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Philipps University of Marburg, Rudolf Bultmann Str 8, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:44-53. 2008..To examine relations between movement disorders (MD) and psychopathological symptoms in an adolescent population with schizophrenia under treatment with predominantly atypical antipsychotics...
- Serum levels of olanzapine and its N-desmethyl and 2-hydroxymethyl metabolites in child and adolescent psychiatric disorders: effects of dose, diagnosis, age, sex, smoking, and comedicationFrank M Theisen
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Ther Drug Monit 28:750-9. 2006..The data are compared with the literature, and the relevance of therapeutic antipsychotic drug monitoring in previously sparsely investigated subgroups, such as children and adolescents or patients with AN, is emphasized...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor V66M polymorphism in childhood-onset obsessive-compulsive disorderRainald Mossner
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 8:133-6. 2005