Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Persistent expression of BMP-4 in embryonic chick adrenal cortical cells and its role in chromaffin cell developmentKatrin Huber
Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neural Dev 3:28. 2008..Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) emanating from the dorsal aorta are important signals for the induction of a sympathoadrenal catecholaminergic cell fate...
- Role of neurotrophin signalling in the differentiation of neurons from dorsal root ganglia and sympathetic gangliaUwe Ernsberger
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, INF 307, University of Heidelberg, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 336:349-84. 2009..In vivo analysis is required to show the degree to which NT signalling regulates these sympathetic neuron properties in developing embryos and postnatally...
- The role of GDNF family ligand signalling in the differentiation of sympathetic and dorsal root ganglion neuronsUwe Ernsberger
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 333:353-71. 2008..In order to comprehend this process fully, the role of individual GFLs, the transduction of the GFL signals, and the interplay of GFL signalling with other regulatory pathways need to be deciphered...
- Expression of neuronal markers suggests heterogeneity of chick sympathoadrenal cells prior to invasion of the adrenal anlagenUwe Ernsberger
Department of Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, University of Heidelberg, INF 307, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 319:1-13. 2005....
- The expression of dopamine beta-hydroxylase, tyrosine hydroxylase, and Phox2 transcription factors in sympathetic neurons: evidence for common regulation during noradrenergic induction and diverging regulation later in developmentU Ernsberger
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Deutschordenstrasse 46, D 60528, Frankfurt, Germany
Mech Dev 92:169-77. 2000..The time course of Phox2a and 2b expression suggests an evolutionary conserved role in noradrenergic induction. In addition, Phox2a, Phox2b, and c-ret may be involved in the differentiation of cholinergic sympathetic neurons...
- Evidence for an evolutionary conserved role of bone morphogenetic protein growth factors and phox2 transcription factors during noradrenergic differentiation of sympathetic neurons. Induction of a putative synexpression group of neurotransmitter-synthesizU Ernsberger
Institut für Neuroanatomie, Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Neurowissenschaften, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 267:6976-81. 2000....
- The development of postganglionic sympathetic neurons: coordinating neuronal differentiation and diversificationU Ernsberger
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Neurowissenschaften, Institut für Anatomie und Zellbiologie III, Heidelberg, Germany
Auton Neurosci 94:1-13. 2001....
- Development of chromaffin cells depends on MASH1 functionKatrin Huber
Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, University of Heidelberg, INF 307, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 129:4729-38. 2002..Together, these findings suggest that the development of chromaffin cells does depend on MASH1 function not only for catecholaminergic differentiation but also for general chromaffin cell differentiation...
- Reduction of endogenous TGF-beta does not affect phenotypic development of sympathoadrenal progenitors into adrenal chromaffin cellsS E Combs
Neuroanatomy and Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences (IZN, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 307, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Mech Dev 109:295-302. 2001..We therefore conclude that neutralization of endogenous TGF-beta influences chromaffin cell proliferation, but does not interfere with the development of the typical chromaffin cell phenotype...
- Cholinergic differentiation occurs early in mouse sympathetic neurons and requires Phox2bK Huber
Institut für Anatomie und Zellbiologie III, Interdisziplindäres Zentrum für Neurowissenschaften, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Imn Neuenheimer Feld 307, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Gene Expr 13:133-9. 2006..Phox2b is required for development of cholinergic neurons but does not suffice to support cholinergic properties in chromaffin cells...
- Lack of an adrenal cortex in Sf1 mutant mice is compatible with the generation and differentiation of chromaffin cellsPhilipp Gut
Neuroanatomy and Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN of Heidelberg, INF 307, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 132:4611-9. 2005..Our results suggest that cortical cues are not essential for determining chromaffin cell fate, but may be required for proper migration of SA progenitors to and/or colonization of the adrenal anlage...
- Generation of neuroendocrine chromaffin cells from sympathoadrenal progenitors: beyond the glucocorticoid hypothesisKatrin Huber
Department of Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 971:554-9. 2002..Together, our data suggest that TGF-betas and BMP-4 do not seem to be essential for chromaffin cell differentiation. In contrast with previous reports, however, MASH-1 apparently plays a crucial role in chromaffin cell development...
- Expression of neurexin Ialpha splice variants in sympathetic neurons: selective changes during differentiation and in response to neurotrophinsH Patzke
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Deutschordenstrasse 46, Frankfurt, D 60528, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 15:561-72. 2000..Our data suggest that changes in neurexin splice variants contribute to alterations of neuronal cell surface properties during target innervation...
- c-ret regulates cholinergic properties in mouse sympathetic neurons: evidence from mutant miceK Burau
Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences, Department of Neuroanatomy, University of Heidelberg, INF 307, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 20:353-62. 2004..Our data suggest that c-ret signalling is necessary for the maturation of cholinergic sympathetic neurons but dispensable for de novo induction of ChAT and VAChT expression...
- The expression of tyrosine hydroxylase and the transcription factors cPhox-2 and Cash-1: evidence for distinct inductive steps in the differentiation of chick sympathetic precursor cellsU Ernsberger
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Frankfurt, Germany
Mech Dev 52:125-36. 1995..Cash-1 is detected significantly earlier, suggesting that its expression is induced by a separate event...
- The specification of sympathetic neurotransmitter phenotype depends on gp130 cytokine receptor signalingM Geissen
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Abt Neurochemie, Deutschordenstr 46, Germany
Development 125:4791-801. 1998..These results reveal a physiological role of neuropoietic cytokines for the control of VIP expression during the development of cholinergic sympathetic neurons...
- Development of the cholinergic neurotransmitter phenotype in postganglionic sympathetic neuronsU Ernsberger
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Deutschordenstrasse 46, D 60528 Frankfurt
Cell Tissue Res 297:339-61. 1999....
- The role of Phox2B in chromaffin cell developmentKatrin Huber
Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences, University of Heidelberg, INF 307, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Dev Biol 279:501-8. 2005..5. We conclude that Phox2B regulates very early events in the differentiation of adrenal chromaffin cells distinct to steps, which essentially require MASH-1...
- The early expression of VAChT and VIP in mouse sympathetic ganglia is not induced by cytokines acting through LIFRbeta or CNTFRalphaM Stanke
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Abt Neurochemie, Deutschordenstrasse 46, 60528, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Mech Dev 91:91-6. 2000..These results demonstrate that the early, embryonic expression of VAChT and VIP is not induced by cytokines acting through LIFRbeta- or CNTFRalpha-containing receptors...