Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- Regular physical exercise corrects endothelial dysfunction and improves exercise capacity in patients with chronic heart failureR Hambrecht
University of Leipzig, Heart Center, Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Leipzig, Germany
Circulation 98:2709-15. 1998..Local handgrip exercise has previously been shown to enhance endothelium-dependent vasodilation in conduit and resistance vessels in CHF...
- Exercise intolerance in patients with chronic heart failure and increased expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase in the skeletal muscleR Hambrecht
Heart Center, Division of Cardiology, University of Leipzig, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 33:174-9. 1999..This study was designed to analyze the effect of iNOS on mitochondrial creatine kinase (mi-CK) expression and exercise capacity in chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Effect of exercise on coronary endothelial function in patients with coronary artery diseaseR Hambrecht
University of Leipzig Heart Center, Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Germany
N Engl J Med 342:454-60. 2000..We therefore conducted a prospective study of the effect of exercise training on endothelial function in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Correction of endothelial dysfunction in chronic heart failure: additional effects of exercise training and oral L-arginine supplementationR Hambrecht
University of Leipzig, Heart Center, Division of Cardiology, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 35:706-13. 2000..The aim of this study was to analyze whether L-arginine (L-arg.) has comparable or additive effects to physical exercise regarding endothelium-dependent vasodilation in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Effects of exercise training on left ventricular function and peripheral resistance in patients with chronic heart failure: A randomized trialR Hambrecht
Klinik für Innere Medizin Kardiologie, Universitat Leipzig, Herzzentrum GmbH, Russenstrasse 19, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
JAMA 283:3095-101. 2000..Exercise training in patients with chronic heart failure improves work capacity by enhancing endothelial function and skeletal muscle aerobic metabolism, but effects on central hemodynamic function are not well established...
- Regular physical activity improves endothelial function in patients with coronary artery disease by increasing phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseR Hambrecht
Heart Center, Department of Cardiology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Circulation 107:3152-8. 2003....
- Retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4) is primarily associated with adipose tissue mass in childrenD Friebe
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:e345-52. 2011..Retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4) is a novel adipocytokine that may link obesity and insulin resistance. We aimed to discriminate between primary and secondary associations of RBP4 with obesity and related disease...
- Vaspin is related to gender, puberty and deteriorating insulin sensitivity in childrenA Korner
Department of Women and Child Health, University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Int J Obes (Lond) 35:578-86. 2011..Visceral adipose tissue-derived serine protease inhibitor (vaspin) has been suggested as a novel adipocytokine related to obesity and insulin sensitivity in adults...
- [Physical exercise in older patients with chronic heart failure]R Hambrecht
Universitat Leipzig, Herzzentrum GmbH, Klinik für Innere Medizin Kardiologie Leipzig
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:710-6. 2005..Ultimately, the goal is to reduce the substantial morbidity among elderly CHF patients which constitute 79 % of all hospital admissions for heart failure...
- Exercise training and endothelial dysfunction in coronary artery disease and chronic heart failure. From molecular biology to clinical benefitsS Gielen
University of Leipzig, Heart Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Leipzig, Germany
Minerva Cardioangiol 50:95-106. 2002..All these molecular effects converge on a reduction of myocardial ischemic events in CAD and a decrease of afterload in CHF...
- Leucocytes are a major source of circulating nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT)/pre-B cell colony (PBEF)/visfatin linking obesity and inflammation in humansD Friebe
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 20a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Diabetologia 54:1200-11. 2011..We systematically studied the association between circulating NAMPT, obesity, interventions and glucose metabolism and investigated potential underlying inflammatory mechanisms...