Affiliation: University of Kiel
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease after bone marrow transplantation mimicking graft-versus-host diseaseA Claviez
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kiel, Germany
Pediatr Transplant 4:151-5. 2000..Tissue biopsies should be performed early for establishing correct diagnosis, thus enabling specific therapy, e.g. infusion of donor leukocytes with cytotoxic T-lymphocytes...
- Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma of soft tissues and bone in children, adolescents, and young adults: experiences of the CWS and COSS study groupsTobias M Dantonello
Pediatrics 5 Oncology, Hematology, Immunology, Olgahospital, Klinikum Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Cancer 112:2424-31. 2008..As reports about MCS in young patients are scarce, treatment and outcomes of children/adolescents/young adults in the CWS and COSS studies were investigated...
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children and adolescents with recurrent and refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: an analysis of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationAlexander Claviez
Department of Pediatrics and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Schwanenweg 20, Kiel, Germany
Blood 114:2060-7. 2009..Because relapse remains the major cause of treatment failure, additional efforts to improve disease control are necessary...
- MALT lymphoma in children: a report from the NHL-BFM Study GroupAlexander Claviez
Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:210-4. 2006..pylori infection in two patients. All children are alive but long-term follow-up will be mandatory to assess the behavior of MALT lymphoma in this age group...
- Neutrophil aggregates in a 13-year-old girl: a rare hematological phenomenonA Claviez
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kiel, Schwanenweg 20, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:251-3. 2003..We report here on the occurrence of transient neutrophil aggregation in a 13-year-old girl with Herpes simplex and concomitant Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection...
- Allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation following fludarabine-based conditioning in six children with advanced Hodgkin's diseaseAlexander Claviez
Department of Pediatrics and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, University of Kiel, Schwanenweg 20, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Ann Hematol 83:237-41. 2004..Allogeneic PBSCT, with reduced intensity conditioning, may be beneficial for selected patients with refractory HD...
- Impact of latent Epstein-Barr virus infection on outcome in children and adolescents with Hodgkin's lymphomaAlexander Claviez
Department of Pediatrics, Germany Lymph Registry, University of Kiel, Schwanenweg 20, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:4048-56. 2005..The prognostic significance of latent Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection in Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) is debated controversially. Especially in the pediatric age group, no conclusive data are available...
- Low occurrence of familial neuroblastomas and ganglioneuromas in five consecutive GPOH neuroblastoma treatment studiesAlexander Claviez
Department of Paediatrics, University of Kiel, Germany
Eur J Cancer 40:2760-5. 2004..Contrary to previous reports, age distribution and number of primary tumours in patients with familial data confirm the low prevalence of familial neuroblastoma and may help in counselling the affected families...
- Marked thrombocytosis in a child with advanced myelodysplastic syndromeAlexander Claviez
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kiel, Schwanenweg 20, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 45:849-50. 2004..Thrombocytosis resolved without therapy. This case illustrates the relationship between MDS and myeloproliferative disorders...
- BEAM-alemtuzumab followed by allogeneic SCT for the treatment of relapsed or refractory T-NHLR Repp
University Hospital Kiel, Kiel, Germany Asklepios Klinik St Georg, Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:8552. 2008..No significant financial relationships to disclose...
- Detection of Epstein-Barr virus DNA in peripheral blood of paediatric patients with Hodgkin's disease by real-time polymerase chain reactionH J Wagner
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
Eur J Cancer 37:1853-7. 2001..Thus, EBV DNA detection in the plasma of paediatric HD patients might be of value for non-invasive diagnostic, prognostic and follow-up tests for HD...
- Therapy of steroid-refractory acute GVHD with CD52 antibody alemtuzumab is effectiveN Schub
Division for Stem Cell Transplantation and Immunotherapy, Second Department of Medicine, Kiel, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:143-7. 2011....
- Elevated blood drug levels obtained from indwelling silicon catheters during oral cyclosporine A administrationA Claviez
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, University of Kiel, Schwanenweg 20, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:535-6. 2002..Thus, prolonged binding of CsA to the inner surface of venous catheters should also be considered during oral administration...
- [Mediastinal tumour in children misdiagnosed as bronchial asthma]T Ankermann
Klinik fur Allgemeine Padiatrie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:613-6. 2004..The children were treated with inhalation steroids, one of them with systemic steroids, without a significant effect...
- Congenital diffuse anaplastic astrocytoma with ependymal and leptomeningeal spread: case reportA M Stark
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstr 10, 24105, Kiel, Germany
J Neurooncol 84:325-8. 2007
- Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma in the conjunctiva of a childMarkus Tiemann
Department of Hematopathology, University of Kiel, Niemannsweg 11, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Virchows Arch 444:198-201. 2004..The patient was treated with surgery and additional local cryotherapy. After 15 months of follow-up, the patient remains in complete remission...
- Interferon alpha 2b treatment in an eleven-year-old boy with disseminated lymphangiomatosisChristian Timke
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Kiel, Schwanenweg 20, Kiel, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 48:108-11. 2007..The patient has been treated with interferon alpha 2b for 2 years, and achieved a good clinical and radiological response...
- Chronic interstitial lung disease with lung fibrosis in a girl: uncommon sequelae of Epstein-Barr virus infectionTobias Ankermann
Department of Pediatrics, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Schwanenweg, Kiel, Germany
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:234-8. 2003..Treatment with combined inhaled and oral steroids seems to be a treatment option in these patients...
- Rapid recovery of motor and cognitive functions after resection of a right frontal lobe meningioma in a childGoran Carlsson
Department of Paediatrics, University of Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Schwanenweg, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 26:105-11. 2010..The purpose of this study is to provide longitudinal data on neurological and neuropsychological restitution following resection of an extra-axial space-occupying lesion...
- Characterization and expression of CT45 in Hodgkin's lymphomaHans Jürgen Heidebrecht
Department of Hematopathology and Lymph Node Registry, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:4804-11. 2006..The aim of this study was to characterize the antigen and to determine the expression profile in Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Proliferation characteristics in pediatric Hodgkin's lymphoma point to a cell cycle arrest in the G(1) phaseMarkus Tiemann
Department of Hematopathology, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Mod Pathol 18:1440-7. 2005..High Ki-67 expression does not seem to be an adverse prognostic factor in pediatric and adolescent patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma treated by effective risk-adapted chemo-radiotherapy regimens...
- Chromosomal breakpoints affecting immunoglobulin loci are recurrent in Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells of classical Hodgkin lymphomaJose I Martin-Subero
Institutes of Human Genetics and Hematopathology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Cancer Res 66:10332-8. 2006..Furthermore, analyses with this probe in cases with IGH breakpoints indicated that at least part of them seem to be derived from CSR defects. Our results show that chromosomal breakpoints affecting the IG loci are recurrent in cHL...
- Regulation of telomerase activity by alternate splicing of human telomerase reverse transcriptase mRNA in a subset of neuroblastomasM Krams
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Am J Pathol 159:1925-32. 2001....
- Management of tectal glioma in childhoodAndreas M Stark
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Schleswig Holstein Medical Center, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstrasse 10, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Pediatr Neurol 33:33-8. 2005..Effective treatment for hydrocephalus is essential; the tumor should be monitored by regular clinical examination and magnetic resonance imaging. Biopsy is warranted in cases with tumor progression...
- Synchronous detection of a pulmonary papillary adenoma and lung metastases in a patient with osteosarcoma in relapseAndrea Neusuess
University of Kiel, Department of Pediatrics, Germany
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:125-7. 2002
- Mesoblastic nephroma--a report from the Gesellschaft fur Pädiatrische Onkologie und Hämatologie (GPOH)Rhoikos Furtwaengler
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Cancer 106:2275-83. 2006..The authors evaluated the outcome of patients with MN who were enrolled in either the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) 93-01/GPOH or the SIOP 2001/GPOH Nephroblastoma Study and Trial...
- Topotecan, cyclophosphamide, and etoposide (TCE) in the treatment of high-risk neuroblastoma. Results of a phase-II trialThorsten Simon
Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, 50924 Cologne, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:653-61. 2007..Relapsed high-risk neuroblastoma patients still have a poor prognosis. This phase-II trial assessed a new topotecan containing chemotherapy approach in patients with active disease...
- Rituximab plus chemotherapy in children with relapsed or refractory CD20-positive B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAlexander Claviez
Haematologica 91:272-3. 2006..Two children subsequently underwent allogeneic stem cell transplantation and remain in complete remission at days +399 and +332...
- Salvage therapy of progressive and recurrent Hodgkin's disease: results from a multicenter study of the pediatric DAL/GPOH-HD study groupGünther Schellong
Universitatsklinikum Munster, Kinderklinik, Pädiatrische Hämatologie und Onkologie, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48129 Munster, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:6181-9. 2005..The essential chemotherapeutic regimens were ifosfamide, etoposide, and prednisone (IEP) and doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD)...
- Chimaerism analyses and subsequent immunological intervention after stem cell transplantation in patients with juvenile myelomonocytic leukaemiaAyami Yoshimi
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Freiburg, Mathildenstrasse 1, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Br J Haematol 129:542-9. 2005..In conclusion, serial quantitative chimaerism studies can identify patients with i-MC who are at high risk for relapse of JMML. Immediate withdrawal of IST is advised in these patients...
- The NQO1 C609T polymorphism is associated with risk of secondary malignant neoplasms after treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a matched-pair analysis from the ALL-BFM study groupMartin Stanulla
Haematologica 92:1581-2. 2007..Patients carrying a variant low-activity NQO1 allele had a significantly increased risk of developing a SMN. The observed effect was restricted to solid tumors...
- Neuroblastoma stage 4S with 123I-MIBG-positive bone marrow involvementMarkus Hufnagel
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:264-5. 2006