Lygia T Budnik
Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Circulating mitochondrial DNA as biomarker linking environmental chemical exposure to early preclinical lesions elevation of mtDNA in human serum after exposure to carcinogenic halo-alkane-based pesticidesLygia T Budnik
Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine, Department of Occupational Health, School of Medicine, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e64413. 2013..Our findings indicate that mitochondrial DNA has a potential to serve as a biomarker recognizing vulnerable risk groups after exposure to toxic/carcinogenic chemicals...
- Prostate cancer and toxicity from critical use exemptions of methyl bromide: environmental protection helps protect against human health risksLygia T Budnik
Division of Occupational Toxicology and Immunology, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, Medical Faculty, University of Hamburg, University Medical Center, Hamburg, Germany
Environ Health 11:5. 2012..g. in globalized transport and storage). The withdrawal of methyl bromide because of its environmental risk could fortuitously help in the containment of its human toxicity...
- Elimination kinetics of diisocyanates after specific inhalative challenges in humans: mass spectrometry analysis, as a basis for biomonitoring strategiesLygia T Budnik
Institute for Occupational Medicine and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 6:9. 2011..In order to settle the optimal time point for the sample collection in a practical biomonitoring approach, we aimed to measure the elimination of isocyanate urine metabolites...
- Halogenated hydrocarbon pesticides and other volatile organic contaminants provide analytical challenges in global tradingLygia T Budnik
Department of Occupational Toxicology and Molecular Biology, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, Marckmannstrasse 129b, Hamburg, Germany
J Environ Monit 12:936-42. 2010....
- Differential effects of lysolipids on steroid synthesis in cells expressing endogenous LPA2 receptorLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, Anatomy I, University Hospital Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246, Hamburg, Germany
J Lipid Res 46:930-41. 2005..Surprisingly, however, exogenous S1P inhibits agonist-stimulated progesterone in both cell types by inhibiting cyclic AMP accumulation, suggesting different mechanisms of action...
- Lysophosphatidic acid signals through mitogen-activated protein kinase-extracellular signal regulated kinase in ovarian theca cells expressing the LPA1/edg2-receptor: involvement of a nonclassical pathway?Lygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 17:1593-606. 2003..The findings indicate that LPA transiently stimulates MAPK ERK in LPA1/edg2-expressing theca cells and suggest an alternative mechanism regulating the activation of ERK that differs from the canonical EGF-Ras-MAPK kinase pathway...
- Surprises perilous: toxic health hazards for employees unloading fumigated shipping containersAlexandra M Preisser
Department of Clinical Occupational Medicine, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Seewartenstrasse 10, D 20459 Hamburg, Germany
Sci Total Environ 409:3106-13. 2011..These findings also emphasize the necessity for international standards on permitted fumigants, appropriate labeling in the shipping documents and handling of fumigated containers...
- Lysophosphatidic acid-induced nuclear localization of protein kinase C delta in bovine theca cells stimulated with luteinizing hormoneLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, D 22529 Hamburg, Germany
Biol Reprod 67:935-44. 2002..Because PKCdelta supports a luteotropic function in rodent models, a similar role in the bovine ovary is also likely...
- The assessment of environmental and occupational exposure to hazardous substances by biomonitoringLygia T Budnik
Ordinariat für Arbeitsmedizin des Universitätsklinikums Hamburg Eppendorf, Zentralinstitut für Arbeitsmedizin und Maritime Medizin, Hamburg, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 106:91-7. 2009....
- Is the analysis of histamine and/or interleukin-4 release after isocyanate challenge useful in the identification of patients with IgE-mediated isocyanate asthma?Silke Blindow
Division of Occupational Toxicology and Immunology, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Immunol Methods 422:35-50. 2015..The promising measurement of IL-4 is not feasible at present due to the lack of a reliable, validated assay...
- Lysophosphatidic acid, LPA: a bad boy becomes goodLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Centrum for Innovative Medicine, Falkenried 88, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:37. 2003
- Sensitising effects of genetically modified enzymes used in flavour, fragrance, detergence and pharmaceutical production: cross-sectional studyLygia T Budnik
Occupational Toxicology and Immunology Unit, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany European Society for Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Occup Environ Med . 2016....
- Lysophosphatidic acid and its role in reproductionLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Grandweg 64, D 22529 Hamburg, Germany
Biol Reprod 66:859-65. 2002....
- Homologous and lysophosphatidic acid-induced desensitization of the atrial natriuretic peptide receptor, guanylyl cyclase-A, in MA-10 leydig cellsDieter Muller
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Endocrinology 147:2974-85. 2006..The morphoregulatory activities exerted by LPA suggest a crucial role for Leydig cell physiology...