Lygia T Budnik
Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Circulating mitochondrial DNA as biomarker linking environmental chemical exposure to early preclinical lesions elevation of mtDNA in human serum after exposure to carcinogenic halo-alkane-based pesticidesLygia T Budnik
Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine, Department of Occupational Health, School of Medicine, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e64413. 2013..Our findings indicate that mitochondrial DNA has a potential to serve as a biomarker recognizing vulnerable risk groups after exposure to toxic/carcinogenic chemicals...
- Prostate cancer and toxicity from critical use exemptions of methyl bromide: environmental protection helps protect against human health risksLygia T Budnik
Division of Occupational Toxicology and Immunology, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, Medical Faculty, University of Hamburg, University Medical Center, Hamburg, Germany
Environ Health 11:5. 2012..g. in globalized transport and storage). The withdrawal of methyl bromide because of its environmental risk could fortuitously help in the containment of its human toxicity...
- Differential effects of lysolipids on steroid synthesis in cells expressing endogenous LPA2 receptorLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, Anatomy I, University Hospital Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246, Hamburg, Germany
J Lipid Res 46:930-41. 2005..Surprisingly, however, exogenous S1P inhibits agonist-stimulated progesterone in both cell types by inhibiting cyclic AMP accumulation, suggesting different mechanisms of action...
- Halogenated hydrocarbon pesticides and other volatile organic contaminants provide analytical challenges in global tradingLygia T Budnik
Department of Occupational Toxicology and Molecular Biology, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, Marckmannstrasse 129b, Hamburg, Germany
J Environ Monit 12:936-42. 2010....
- Elimination kinetics of diisocyanates after specific inhalative challenges in humans: mass spectrometry analysis, as a basis for biomonitoring strategiesLygia T Budnik
Institute for Occupational Medicine and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 6:9. 2011..abstract:..
- Lysophosphatidic acid signals through mitogen-activated protein kinase-extracellular signal regulated kinase in ovarian theca cells expressing the LPA1/edg2-receptor: involvement of a nonclassical pathway?Lygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 17:1593-606. 2003..The findings indicate that LPA transiently stimulates MAPK ERK in LPA1/edg2-expressing theca cells and suggest an alternative mechanism regulating the activation of ERK that differs from the canonical EGF-Ras-MAPK kinase pathway...
- Surprises perilous: toxic health hazards for employees unloading fumigated shipping containersAlexandra M Preisser
Department of Clinical Occupational Medicine, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Seewartenstrasse 10, D 20459 Hamburg, Germany
Sci Total Environ 409:3106-13. 2011..These findings also emphasize the necessity for international standards on permitted fumigants, appropriate labeling in the shipping documents and handling of fumigated containers...
- Lysophosphatidic acid-induced nuclear localization of protein kinase C delta in bovine theca cells stimulated with luteinizing hormoneLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, D 22529 Hamburg, Germany
Biol Reprod 67:935-44. 2002..Because PKCdelta supports a luteotropic function in rodent models, a similar role in the bovine ovary is also likely...
- The assessment of environmental and occupational exposure to hazardous substances by biomonitoringLygia T Budnik
Ordinariat für Arbeitsmedizin des Universitätsklinikums Hamburg Eppendorf, Zentralinstitut für Arbeitsmedizin und Maritime Medizin, Hamburg, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 106:91-7. 2009....
- Is the analysis of histamine and/or interleukin-4 release after isocyanate challenge useful in the identification of patients with IgE-mediated isocyanate asthma?Silke Blindow
Division of Occupational Toxicology and Immunology, Institute for Occupational and Maritime Medicine ZfAM, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
J Immunol Methods 422:35-50. 2015..The promising measurement of IL-4 is not feasible at present due to the lack of a reliable, validated assay...
- Lysophosphatidic acid, LPA: a bad boy becomes goodLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Centrum for Innovative Medicine, Falkenried 88, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:37. 2003
- Lysophosphatidic acid and its role in reproductionLygia T Budnik
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Grandweg 64, D 22529 Hamburg, Germany
Biol Reprod 66:859-65. 2002....
- Homologous and lysophosphatidic acid-induced desensitization of the atrial natriuretic peptide receptor, guanylyl cyclase-A, in MA-10 leydig cellsDieter Muller
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Endocrinology 147:2974-85. 2006..The morphoregulatory activities exerted by LPA suggest a crucial role for Leydig cell physiology...