J R Bogner
Affiliation: University of Munich
- Phase I/II trial with fozivudine tidoxil (BM 21.1290): a 7 day randomized, placebo-controlled dose-escalating trialJ R Bogner
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
Antivir Ther 2:257-64. 1997..Our objectives were to evaluate safety, tolerability and efficacy of fozivudine tidoxil in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients...
- Th1/Th2 shift in HIV lymph nodes: no contribution of CD6o cellsJ R Bogner
Med Poliklinik, Dept of Infectious Diseases, University of Munich, Germany
Infection 29:32-6. 2001..A Th1/Th2 shift in late HIV infection might be related to the functional activity of this subset. Our objective was to test the ability of lymph node (LN) lymphocytes to produce cytokines of the Th1 and Th2 type...
- Expansion of CD60 helper lymphocytes detected in peripheral lymphocytes of HIV-1 infected individuals is not paralleled in lymph nodesJ R Bogner
Med Poliklinik, Pettenkoferstr 8a, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 5:150-6. 2000..Our objective was to investigate this lymphocyte subset in relation to other subsets in homosexuals and drug users in two compartments: blood and lymph nodes. Blood and lymph nodes from not HIV-infected persons served as control...
- Single dose, dose-escalating trial with fozivudine tidoxil (BM 21.1290)J R Bogner
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
Antivir Ther 2:249-56. 1997..Therefore, the objectives of our study were to evaluate the safety of FZD in patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and to establish basic pharmacokinetic data...
- Amprenavir in pre-treated patients: virological and immunological response in a cohort of 45 patientsJ R Bogner
Department of Infectious Diseases, Medizinische Poliklinik, University Hospital of Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 8:49-55. 2003..Presence of more than two APV resistance mutations was associated with treatment failure...
- Association of highly active antiretroviral therapy failure with chemokine receptor 5 wild typeJ R Bogner
Department of Infectious Diseases, Poliklinik, University of Munich, Germany
HIV Med 5:264-72. 2004..Our objective was to investigate whether a failure of virological response is associated with polymorphisms of the chemokine receptors or cofactors...
- Resolution of severe Kaposi's sarcoma after initiation of antiretroviral triple therapyC Jung
Medizinische Poliklinik des Klinikum Innenstadt, Infektionsambulanz, Pettenkoferstr 8a, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 3:439-42. 1998..To study the relationship between effective antiretroviral therapy, monitored by CD4 counts, and it s influence on the clinical course of AIDS associated Kaposi's sarcoma...
- Changes in lipid profiles after switching to a protease inhibitor-containing cART--unfavourable effect of fosamprenavir in obese patientsMiriam Gyalrong-Steur
Infektionsambulanz und Tagesklinik, Medizinische Poliklinik der Ludwig Maximilians Universität Innenstadt, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 16:85-92. 2011..Therefore this cohort study directly compared the metabolic profiles of boosted atazanavir (ATV/r), fosamprenavir (FPV/r) and saquinavir (SQV/r)...
- Stavudine versus zidovudine and the development of lipodystrophyJ R Bogner
Medizinische Poliklinik, Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:237-44. 2001..014, OR = 3.8, CI: 1.3-11.2). LD prevalence is similar with both backbones using stavudine or zidovudine. This is the first time that baseline cholesterol was shown to be significantly associated with lipoatrophy...
- Improvement of HAART-associated insulin resistance and dyslipidemia after replacement of protease inhibitors with abacavirR K Walli
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Pettenkoferstr 8a, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 6:413-21. 2001..To assess the effect of replacing protease inhibitors (PIs) with abacavir on insulin sensitivity and plasma lipids. -..
- Phase I/II dose escalation and randomized withdrawal study with add-on azodicarbonamide in patients failing on current antiretroviral therapyF D Goebel
Medizinische Poliklinik, , Munich, Germany
AIDS 15:33-45. 2001..52-1.23). CONCLUSIONS: The maximal tolerated dosage of ADA appears to be 2 g (three times daily). This study provides safety results that will allow larger clinical trials to confirm the preliminary efficacy data...
- Brain HMPAO-SPECT and ocular microangiopathic syndrome in HIV-1-infected patientsS A Geier
Medizinische Poliklinik, , Germany
AIDS 7:1589-94. 1993..Furthermore, the conjunctival sludge rating and the number of cotton-wool spots might be appropriate indicators for severity of microvascular changes of the central nervous system [corrected]...
- Impaired CD4-cell immune reconstitution upon HIV therapy in patients with toxoplasmic encephalitis compared to patients with pneumocystis pneumonia as AIDS indicating diseaseU Kastenbauer
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Munich, Medizinische Poliklinik, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:244-9. 2009..The observation of several cases with reduced increase of CD4-cells upon start of antiretroviral treatment (ART) prompted us to investigate the topic using the ClinSurv cohort...
- Hypocalcaemia in HIV infection and AIDSE W Kuehn
Medizinische Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians University Munchen, Germany
J Intern Med 245:69-73. 1999..To study the prevalence and possible mechanisms of hypocalcaemia in HIV infection and AIDS...
- Sexual and reproductive health services for people living with HIV/AIDS in Germany: are we up to the challenge?M C Mueller
Sektion Klinische Infektiologie, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik IV, Klinikum der LMU, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336, Munich, Germany
Infection 41:761-8. 2013..The aim of this study was to identify gaps in the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services provided to PLHIV in Germany...
- Lack of absorption of didanosine after rectal administration in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsU Wintergerst
Children s Hospital, University of Munich, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:699-701. 1999..We conclude that oral administration of DDI cannot be easily replaced by rectal application...
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia induced post-cataract-surgery endophthalmitis: Outbreak investigation and clinical courses of 26 patientsS Horster
Medizinische Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Infection 37:117-22. 2009..Stenotrophomonas maltophilia, a microorganism which colonizes plastic material, is a rare causative agent of iatrogenic endophthalmitis...
- A rare case of primary actinomycosis of the anterior abdominal wall: diagnosis and treatmentR Ladurner
Department of Surgery, University of Munich LMU, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336, Munich, Germany
Hernia 12:549-52. 2008..The surgical treatment was followed by antibiotic therapy for 6 months. This treatment resulted in full recovery with no further complications...
- [Antibiotic therapy in the family doctor's office]J R Bogner
Medizinische Poliklinik, Infektionsabteilung, Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Campus Innenstadt
MMW Fortschr Med 150:35-9; quiz 40. 2008
- Evaluation of diagnostic value and epidemiological implications of PCR for Pneumocystis carinii in different immunosuppressed and immunocompetent patient groupsA Sing
Max von Pettenkofer Institut fur Hygiene und Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 38:1461-7. 2000..However, nested PCR identified a significant percentage of clinically silent P. carinii colonizations in about 17 to 20% of immunocompetent and immunosuppressed non-HIV patients...
- [New antibiotics: small or big advances?]R Draenert
Abteilung für Infektiologie, Medizinische Poliklinik Campus Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen
Internist (Berl) 50:1282, 1284-8. 2009..Increasing virulence of some Clostridium difficile strains (particularly ribotype 027) within the past years has led to a growing need for new strategies concerning treatment and prophylaxis of Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea...
- First-glance diagnosis of Strongyloides stercoralis autoinfection by stool microscopyA Sing
Max von Pettenkofer Institut fur Hygiene und Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich
J Clin Microbiol 37:1610-1. 1999..The diagnosis of autoinfection by microscopy is discussed in detail...
- Endogenous endophthalmitis with azole-resistant Candida albicans--Case report and review of the literatureM Osthoff
Dept of Infectious Diseases, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Pettenkoferstr 8 a, 80336, Munich, Germany
Infection 34:285-8. 2006..In consideration of the serious outcome with loss of sight in insufficiently treated endophthalmitis we like to increase awareness to this disease entity and the possibility of azole-resistance, even in treatment-naive patients...
- Kinetics of lactate metabolism after submaximal ergometric exercise in HIV-infected patientsA M Bauer
Department of Infectious Diseases, Medizinische Poliklinik, University Hospital of Munich, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
HIV Med 5:371-6. 2004..We therefore investigated differences in the kinetics of plasma lactic acid in HIV-infected patients receiving or not receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and in uninfected controls after submaximal ergometric exercise...
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus serology in Europe and Uganda: multicentre study with multiple and novel assaysO Schatz
Infektionslabor, Med Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
J Med Virol 65:123-32. 2001..1%) and specificity (94.9%). The performance of these assays indicate that they may be used for the clinical management of individuals at risk of developing HHV-8 associated tumours such as allograft recipients...
- Abdominal actinomycosisM C Mueller
Department of Infectious Diseases, Medizinische Poliklinik, University Hospital of Munich, Campus Innenstadt, Germany
Infection 36:191. 2008..Because of its rarity and non-specific symptoms, abdominal actinomycosis is usually diagnosed postoperatively since most patients undergo exploratory laparotomy for a suspected neoplasm...
- Novel antibiotics: Are we still in the pre-post-antibiotic era?R Draenert
Sektion Infektiologie, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik IV, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336, Munich, Germany
Infection 43:145-51. 2015..Due to a striking global increase in multidrug-resistant Gram-positive but even more Gram-negative organisms, new antibiotics are urgently needed...
- Pulmonary radiological characteristics in patients with HIV infection at the time of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)T Schlossbauer
Institute of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 12:341-6. 2007..To report on radiological and epidemiological characteristics of pulmonary disease in patients with HIV infection in times of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Treatment with CCR5 antagonists: which patient may have a benefit?M C Mueller
Department of Infectious Diseases, Med Poliklinik, University Hospital of Munich, Campus Innenstadt, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 12:441-52. 2007..Clinical efficacy in patients from regions with A and D predominance should be studied in future trials. In conclusion, MVR will be of benefit for patients in various treatment situations and regions...
- [Recurring disseminated Mycobacterium avium infections in an HIV-negative patient]A P Nigg
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:1369-72. 2005..The patient's medical history revealed several malignant tumours and recurrent infections with atypical mycobacteria and herpes viruses...
- Tuberculous spondylitis (Pott's disease)A P Nigg
Division of Rheumatology, Medizinische Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munich, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Infection 36:293-4. 2008
- HIV-associated Kaposi's sarcomaU Seybold
Division of Infectious Diseases, Medizinische Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universität LMU Munich, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336, Munich, Germany
Infection 36:96-7. 2008
- Infected cat-bite wound treated successfully with moxifloxacin after failure of parenteral cefuroxime and ciprofloxacinR Draenert
Medizinische Poliklinik, Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Munich, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:288-90. 2005
- Cholelithiasis possibly induced by protease inhibitors in 3 patientsJ T Siveke
Medizinische Poliklinik, Standort Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 36:1498-500. 2003
- Severe hepatotoxicity associated with the combination of enfuvirtide and tipranavir/ritonavir: case reportBoris Julg
AIDS 20:1563. 2006
- Treatment of acute hepatitis C infection in HIV-infected patients: a retrospective analysis of eleven casesM Vogel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Bonn University, Germany
J Viral Hepat 12:207-11. 2005..In conclusion, early treatment of acute hepatitis C seems to achieve high sustained virological treatment response rates also in patients with HIV-infection...
- Regional differences in the risk of triple class failure in European patients starting combination antiretroviral therapy after 1 January 1999A Mocroft
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
HIV Med 9:41-6. 2008..33; 95% CI 0.15-0.74; P=0.0072) or a nonnucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)-based regimen (0.59; 95% CI 0.37-0.94; P=0.026) had a reduced incidence of TCF...
- Risk for opportunistic disease and death after reinitiating continuous antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV previously receiving episodic therapy: a randomized trialW M El-Sadr
Ann Intern Med 149:289-99. 2008..Episodic use of antiretroviral therapy guided by CD4+ cell counts is inferior to continuous antiretroviral therapy...
- Major clinical outcomes in antiretroviral therapy (ART)-naive participants and in those not receiving ART at baseline in the SMART studySean Emery
Therapeutic and Vaccine Research Program, National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, 376 Victoria St, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
J Infect Dis 197:1133-44. 2008..In the DC group, participants started ART when the CD4+ cell count was <250 cells/microL. Clinical outcomes in participants not receiving ART at entry inform the early use of ART...
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) improves survival in HIV-associated Hodgkin's disease: results of a multicenter studyM Hentrich
Department of Hematology Oncology, Hospital Harlaching, Munich, Germany
Ann Oncol 17:914-9. 2006..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the outcome of Hodgkin's disease (HD) in patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) with respect to the use of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Inferior clinical outcome of the CD4+ cell count-guided antiretroviral treatment interruption strategy in the SMART study: role of CD4+ Cell counts and HIV RNA levels during follow-upJens D Lundgren
Copenhagen HIV Programme CHIP, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Infect Dis 197:1145-55. 2008..Rates and predictors of opportunistic disease or death (OD/death) and the relative risk (RR) in DC versus VS groups according to the latest CD4+ cell count and HIV RNA level are reported...
- Imiquimod leads to a decrease of human papillomavirus DNA and to a sustained clearance of anal intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-infected menAlexander Kreuter
1Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 128:2078-83. 2008..However, new AIN lesions associated with previously undetected HPV types frequently occur in untreated areas...
- Kaposi's sarcoma associated with tumour necrosis factor alpha neutralising therapyC D Cohen
Ann Rheum Dis 62:684. 2003
- Is anal carcinoma a HAART-related problem?Sophia Horster
Mediziniscche Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 8:142-6. 2003..There is evidence that frequency of AIN/AC rises in HIV+ individuals treated with HAART whilst frequency of most other opportunistic neoplasms declines with immune reconstitution...