- TNM-O: ontology support for staging of malignant tumours
Institute for Medical Biometry and Statistics, Medical Center University of Freiburg, Faculty of Medicine, Stefan Meier Str 26, Freiburg i Br, 79104, Germany
J Biomed Semantics 7:64. 2016
- The @neurIST ontology of intracranial aneurysms: providing terminological services for an integrated IT infrastructure
Department of Medical Informatics, University Hospital Freiburg, Stefan Meier Str 26, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
AMIA Annu Symp Proc . 2007
..The usage of the ontology in the project comprises terminological control, text mining, annotation, and data mediation...
- Validating archetypes for the Multiple Sclerosis Functional Composite
Center for Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, Medical Center University of Freiburg, Stefan Meier Str, 26, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 14:64. 2014
- Game-based e-learning is more effective than a conventional instructional method: a randomized controlled trial with third-year medical students
Department of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg i Br, Baden Wurttemberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e82328. 2013
..Most recent systematic reviews and meta-analysis of studies on Game-based learning and GbEl in the medical professions have shown limited effects of these instructional methods...
- Google Scholar as replacement for systematic literature searches: good relative recall and precision are not enough
Department of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Stefan Meier Str, 26, Freiburg i, BR, 79104, Germany
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:131. 2013
- OntoCheck: verifying ontology naming conventions and metadata completeness in Protégé 4
Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics IMBI, University Medical Center, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Biomed Semantics 3:S4. 2012
..This fact is at least partially due to missing or inappropriate tools. Software support can ease this situation and contribute to overall ontology consistency and quality by helping to enforce such conventions...
- Proposed actions are no actions: re-modeling an ontology design pattern with a realist top-level ontology
Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, Freiburg University Medical Center Freiburg, Germany
J Biomed Semantics 3:S2. 2012
..We demonstrate that this requires re-interpreting the meaning of classes of the NeOn Action ODP in the light of the precepts of realist ontologies...
- Effects of guideline-based training on the quality of formal ontologies: a randomized controlled trial
Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e61425. 2013
..The importance of ontologies in the biomedical domain is generally recognized. However, their quality is often too poor for large-scale use in critical applications, at least partially due to insufficient training of ontology developers...
- Unintended consequences of existential quantifications in biomedical ontologies
Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 12:456. 2011
..Based on the interpretations underlying OWL description logics (OWL-DL) semantics, we scrutinize the OWL-DL releases of OBO ontologies to assess whether their logical axioms correspond to the meaning intended by their authors...
- [E-learning in the education and training of physicians. Methods, results, evaluation]
Institut für Medizinische Biometrie und Medizinische Informatik, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Stefan Meier Strasse 26, 79104 Freiburg i Br
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 49:405-11. 2006
..Summarized, didactic and organizational aspects determine the success of our own e-learning offers as well as they influence the general further development of e-learning more than technical features...