Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- How Does a Shared Decision-Making (SDM) Intervention for Oncologists Affect Participation Style and Preference Matching in Patients with Breast and Colon Cancer?Christiane Bieber
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Center for Psychosocial Medicine, Heidelberg University Hospital, Thibautstraße 4, 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cancer Educ . 2016..A SDM intervention for oncologists boosted patient autonomy but did not improve preference matching. This highlights the already well-known reluctance of physicians to engage in explicit role clarification...
- How does your doctor talk with you? Preliminary validation of a brief patient self-report questionnaire on the quality of physician-patient interactionChristiane Bieber
Department of Psychosomatic and General Internal Medicine, Centre for Psychosocial Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Thibautstrasse 2, 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 17:125-36. 2010..It can also be used to evaluate physician communication training programs or for educational purposes...
- Training physicians in shared decision-making-who can be reached and what is achieved?Christiane Bieber
University of Heidelberg, Department of Psychosomatic and General Internal Medicine, Heidelberg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 77:48-54. 2009..To report on experiences with a general shared decision-making (SDM) physician training program offered to physicians throughout Germany...
- A shared decision-making communication training program for physicians treating fibromyalgia patients: effects of a randomized controlled trialChristiane Bieber
Department of Psychosomatic and General Internal Medicine, Medical Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 64:13-20. 2008..The main objective was to assess whether SDM improves the quality of physician-patient interaction from patients' perspective...
- Long-term effects of a shared decision-making intervention on physician-patient interaction and outcome in fibromyalgia. A qualitative and quantitative 1 year follow-up of a randomized controlled trialChristiane Bieber
University of Heidelberg, Medical Hospital, Department of Psychosomatic and General Internal Medicine, Heidelberg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 63:357-66. 2006..Fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) patients and their doctors frequently complain on interaction difficulties. We investigated the effects of a shared decision-making (SDM) intervention on physician-patient interaction and health outcome...
- A computer-based information-tool for chronic pain patients. Computerized information to support the process of shared decision-makingAchim Hochlehnert
Department of General Internal and Psychosomatic Medicine, Internal Medicine II, University of Heidelberg, Medical University Hospital, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 61:92-8. 2006..Assessment of the use of a computerized information-tool in the context of a shared decision-making process with chronic pain patients...
- Shared Decision Making and the Use of Decision AidsMartin Härter
Department of Medical Psychology at the University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Center for Psychosocial Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital of Freiburg, Celenus Kliniken GmbH, Offenburg, Practice for Gastroenterology and Oncology, Schwetzingen
Dtsch Arztebl Int 112:672-9. 2015..In shared decision making (SDM), the patient and the physician reach decisions in partnership. We conducted a trial of SDM training for physicians who treat patients with cancer...
- Quantitative sensory testing profiles in chronic back pain are distinct from those in fibromyalgiaKlaus Blumenstiel
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Medical Hospital, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany
Clin J Pain 27:682-90. 2011..The aim of this study was to disclose commonalities and differences in the pathophysiology of FMS and CBP...
- When do cancer patients regret their treatment decision? A path analysis of the influence of clinicians' communication styles and the match of decision-making styles on decision regretJennifer Nicolai
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Center for Psychosocial Medicine, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany Psychology III, University of Mannheim, Germany Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 99:739-46. 2016..To test the influence of physician empathy (PE), shared decision making (SDM), and the match between patients' preferred and perceived decision-making styles on patients' decision regret...
- The OPTION scale for the assessment of shared decision making (SDM): methodological issuesJennifer Nicolai
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Center for Psychosocial Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes 106:264-71. 2012..The OPTION ("observing patient involvement") scale is the most prominent observation instrument for assessing the extent to which clinicians actively involve patients in decision making...
- The prevalence and type of Axis-I and Axis-II mental disorders in subjects with non-specific chronic back pain: results from a population-based studyAndreas Gerhardt
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, University Hospital, Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Pain Med 12:1231-40. 2011..To investigate the prevalence and the type of mental comorbidity in a population-based sample of subjects with non-specific chronic back pain...
- Higher preference for participation in treatment decisions is associated with lower medication adherence in asthma patientsAntonius Schneider
Department of General Practice and Health Services Research, University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Vossstrasse 2, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 67:57-62. 2007..To investigate the interrelations between medication adherence, self-management, preference for involvement in treatment decisions and preference for information in asthma patients in primary care...
- [The process of shared decision making in chronic pain patients. Evaluation and modification of treatment decisions]Knut Georg Müller
Abteilung Innere Medizin II, Allgemeine Klinische und Psychosomatische Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 98:95-100. 2004..Patients considered to be "difficult" were less likely to modify their decisions. The shared decision making process usually takes more than one consultation...
- Patient and citizen participation in German health care--current state and future perspectivesAndreas Loh
University Medical Centre Freiburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section of Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, Germany
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 101:229-35. 2007..Supported by health politics and the utilisation of scientific evidence shared decision-making's transfer into practice is considered to be relevant to the German health care system...