Affiliation: University of Munich
- Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular comorbidities of hypokalemic and normokalemic primary aldosteronism: results of the German Conn's RegistryE Born-Frontsberg
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1125-30. 2009..Primary aldosteronism (PA) is associated with vascular end-organ damage...
- Doping with growth hormoneM Bidlingmaier
Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum der LMU Innenstadt, Munich, Germany
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:1077-83. 2001....
- Problems with GH doping in sportsM Bidlingmaier
Neuroendocrine Unit, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Endocrinol Invest 26:924-31. 2003..Because of the negative feedback on pituitary hGH secretion, the relative abundance of isoforms other than 22 kD are greatly reduced after administration of recombinant hGH, which only consists of the 22 kD hGH isoform...
- The acute effect of a single application of cabergoline on endogenous GH levels in patients with acromegaly on pegvisomant treatmentJ Roemmler
Medizinische Klinik, Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:338-44. 2010..However, the acute effects of cabergoline have not been studied in patients treated with pegvisomant. We performed this cross-sectional study to evaluate endogenous GH after an additional single cabergoline administration...
- Influence of pegvisomant on serum ghrelin and leptin levels in acromegalic patientsJ Roemmler
Department of Internal Medicine Endocrinology Innenstadt, LM University of Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 163:727-34. 2010..The aim of our study was to evaluate whether peg treatment in acromegalic patients may abolish the GH impact on ghrelin and leptin levels...
- Serum leptin and ghrelin levels in active and inactive acromegalic patients during an oral glucose tolerance testJ Roemmler
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Endocrinology, Munchen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:135-41. 2009..This prospective cross-sectional study was performed to investigate the influence of GH excess on leptin and ghrelin levels at baseline and after glucose load in a large group of acromegalic patients...
- The effect of acute application of pegvisomant alone and in combination with octreotide on endogenous GH levels during a 6-h test in patients with acromegaly on constant pegvisomant treatmentJ Roemmler
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, University of Munich, Endokrinologie, Munchen, Germany
Growth Horm IGF Res 19:245-51. 2009..Nevertheless, little is known about the acute effect of the combined treatment on endogenous GH and pegvisomant levels...
- Four-year follow-up of acromegalic patients treated with the new long-acting formulation of Lanreotide (Lanreotide Autogel)B Gutt
Department of Internal Medicine Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 113:139-44. 2005..c. method of administration. Glucose metabolism has to be followed carefully in patients on high-dose Lanreotide Autogel...
- Serum leptin monitoring in anorectic patients during refeeding therapyS Lob
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 111:278-82. 2003..The outcome in our patients whose caloric intake was modified due to their serum leptin levels was not significantly improved...
- Saliva as a medium for aldosterone measurement in repeated sampling studiesJ Manolopoulou
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, 80336 Munich, Germany
Steroids 74:853-8. 2009..Several salivary steroids give a useful index of free plasma levels. Increased incidence of primary aldosteronism (PA) in approximately 10% of the hypertensive population has increased interest in the mineralocorticoid aldosterone...
- Influence of long-term growth hormone replacement on leptin and ghrelin in GH deficiency before and after glucose loadJ Roemmler
Department of Internal Medicine Endocrinology Innenstadt, University of Munich, Ziemssenstr 1, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Regul Pept 158:40-6. 2009..This cross-sectional study was performed to evaluate the effect of long-term GH substitution on leptin and ghrelin in GH deficiency (GHD)...
- Is primary aldosteronism associated with diabetes mellitus? Results of the German Conn's RegistryM Reincke
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Horm Metab Res 42:435-9. 2010..10% in controls). Our data for the German population show that diabetes mellitus is more prevalent in patients with primary aldosteronism than in hypertensive controls...
- Effects of the long-acting somatostatin analogue Lanreotide Autogel on glucose tolerance and insulin resistance in acromegalyB Steffin
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Department of Endocrinology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 155:73-8. 2006....
- Endogenous estradiol may influence IGF-I levels in acromegalic women treated with pegvisomantJ Roemmler
Endocrinology, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, University of Munich, Ziemssenstr 1, 80336, Munchen, Germany
Pituitary 13:89-93. 2010..When female acromegalic patients on permanent pegvisomant treatment show fluctuating IGF-I levels, estradiol levels should be taken into consideration...
- Post-prandial decrease of circulating human ghrelin levelsM Tschop
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
J Endocrinol Invest 24:RC19-21. 2001..74, p=0.0013). Ghrelin appears to be one possible candidate to provide feedback signaling between nutrient intake, gastric motor function and the central nervous system...
- Normal values of insulin-like growth factor I and their clinical utility in adultsC J Strasburger
Neuroendocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Innenstadt, Munchen, Germany
Horm Res 55:100-5. 2001..For example, acromegaly can be excluded in patients with normal IGF-I levels if liver failure and malnutrition/malabsorption are ruled out...
- Screening for membrane hormone receptor expression in primary aldosteronismO Zwermann
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 160:443-51. 2009..The investigation of expression and functional relevance of G-protein coupled receptors in primary aldosteronism (PA) by molecular and clinical studies...
- A highly sensitive immunofluorometric assay for the measurement of aldosterone in small sample volumes: validation in mouse serumJ Manolopoulou
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Ziemssenstr 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Endocrinol 196:215-24. 2008....
- hGH-abuse in athletesC J Strasburger
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Endocrinology, Campus Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 1, Chariteplatz, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 68:306-7. 2007
- Findings and theoretical considerations on the usefulness of the acid-labile subunit in the monitoring of acromegalyK M Morrison
Department of Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, , Germany
Growth Horm IGF Res 11:S61-3. 2001..ALS thus seems to be a clinically useful marker of disease activity in acromegaly...
- Blockade of the growth hormone (GH) receptor unmasks rapid GH-releasing peptide-6-mediated tissue-specific insulin resistanceA F Muller
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, 3015 Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:590-3. 2001..As a mechanism of these GHRP-6-mediated metabolic changes in the nonfasting state, direct nonpituitary-mediated GHRP-6 effects on the gastroentero-hepatic axis seem probable...
- Postoperative evaluation of patients with acromegaly: clinical significance and timing of oral glucose tolerance testing and measurement of (free) insulin-like growth factor I, acid-labile subunit, and growth hormone-binding protein levelsR A Feelders
Division of Endocrinology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6480-9. 2005..It is not exactly known when patients with acromegaly should be evaluated for cure after transsphenoidal adenomectomy (TA)...
- Generation of human soluble leptin receptor by proteolytic cleavage of membrane-anchored receptorsM Maamra
Division of Clinical Sciences, Sheffield University, Sheffield S5 7AU, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 142:4389-93. 2001..In conclusion, human leptin binding protein is generated by proteolytic cleavage of membrane-anchored leptin receptor by a metalloprotease...
- High-dose leptin activates human leukocytes via receptor expression on monocytesH Zarkesh-Esfahani
Division of Clinical Sciences (North, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Immunol 167:4593-9. 2001..This is of relevance when considering leptin therapy and may partly explain the relationship among leptin, proinflammatory cytokines, insulin resistance, and obesity...
- Differential regulation of insulin-like growth factor-(IGF) I and IGF-binding protein (IGFBP) secretion by human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsC J Auernhammer
Medizinische Klinik II Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Horm Res 57:15-21. 2002..The aim of the current study was to evaluate the regulation of IGFBP and IGF-I secretion from immunocompetent cells by different mitogens...
- Systemic regulation of distraction osteogenesis: a cascade of biochemical factorsS Weiss
Stiftung Orthopädische Universitätsklinik, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg Schlierbach, Germany
J Bone Miner Res 17:1280-9. 2002..The systemic increase in bFGF and MMP-1 might reflect an increased local stimulation of angiogenesis during distraction osteogenesis...
- Impact of experimental blockade of peripheral growth hormone (GH) receptors on the kinetics of endogenous and exogenous GH removal in healthy women and menJ D Veldhuis
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, General Clinical Research Center, Center for Biochemical Technology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 2020, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5737-45. 2002..8 +/- 0.32 (placebo) and 3.5 +/- 0.31 (drug). In ensemble, the present data refute the a priori postulate that vascular-accessible GH receptors determine the in vivo pseudoequilibrium kinetics of GH disappearance in the human...
- Pegvisomant treatment in gigantism caused by a growth hormone-secreting giant pituitary adenomaK Müssig
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Pathobiochemistry, University Hospital of Internal Medicine, University of Tubingen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 115:198-202. 2007..Treatment options for GH-secreting pituitary adenomas have been widened with the availability of long-acting dopamine agonists, depot preparations of somatostatin analogues, and recently the GH receptor antagonist pegvisomant...
- Systemic regulation of angiogenesis and matrix degradation in bone regeneration--distraction osteogenesis compared to rigid fracture healingS Weiss
Orthopaedic University Hospital Heidelberg, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Bone 37:781-90. 2005..This might reflect biochemical regulation of local bone healing in the circulation. ProMMP-1, VEGF and TIMP-1 seem to be key regulatory factors during distraction osteogenesis...