Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Thyroid disorders in children from birth to adolescenceMarkus Bettendorf
Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Kinderklinik und Poliklinik, Abteilung Allgemeine Kinderheilkunde, Sektion für Stoffwechsel und Endokrinologie, Im Neuenheimer Feld 150, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:S439-46. 2002....
- Tri-iodothyronine treatment in children after cardiac surgery: a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled studyM Bettendorf
Paediatric Endocrinology, Department of Paediatrics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Lancet 356:529-34. 2000..We investigated prospectively the endocrine and haemodynamic effects of tri-iodothyronine treatment after cardiopulmonary bypass operations in children with congenital cardiac malformations...
- Prevalence of autoantibodies associated with thyroid and celiac disease in Ullrich-Turner syndrome in relation to adult height after growth hormone treatmentMarkus Bettendorf
University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:149-54. 2006..Therefore, medical care for patients with UTS should routinely include screening for these autoimmune disorders in order to assure early detection and appropriate treatment...
- Oxygen-mediated pulmonary vasodilation and plasma levels of endothelin-1, atrial natriuretic peptide and cyclic GMP in patients with left-to-right shunt and pulmonary hypertensionM Gorenflo
Dept Ped Cardiology, University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Z Kardiol 89:100-8. 2000..Patients with congenital heart disease and PH show an increase both in vasoconstrictive and vasodilating factors. The mechanism of oxygen-mediated vasodilation in these patients remains to be elucidated...
- Is the response to growth hormone in short children born small for gestational age dependent on genetic or maternal factors?Otto Mehls
Division of Paediatric Nephrology, University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Res 72:106-13. 2009..g. Silver-Russell syndrome, congenital heart defects, infections of mothers or smoking during pregnancy, explain the variation in the first-year growth response to GH therapy...
- Pulmonary vasoreactivity and vasoactive mediators in children with pulmonary hypertensionM Gorenflo
Dept Ped Cardiology, University Children s Hospital, INF 153, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Z Kardiol 89:1000-8. 2000..3 [6.4-76.3] nM/L independent from the individual hemodynamic response. Oxygen and NO identify most children with reactive pulmonary vasculature. cGMP plasma levels do not correlate with individual hemodynamic responses to NO...
- Adult height after GH therapy in 188 Ullrich-Turner syndrome patients: results of the German IGLU Follow-up Study 2001M B Ranke
Paediatric Endocrinology Section, University Children s Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 147:625-33. 2002..We aimed to evaluate the factors influencing true adult height (HT) after long-term (from 1987 to 2000) GH treatment in Ullrich-Turner syndrome (UTS) based on modalities conceived in the 1980s...
- Neuroendocrine changes in patients with acute space occupying ischaemic strokeS Schwarz
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:725-7. 2003..To evaluate neuroendocrine changes in critical care patients with acute space occupying hemispheric stroke...
- Feminising genitoplasty: one-stage genital reconstruction in congenital adrenal hyperplasia: 30 years' experienceM F Roll
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Pediatr Surg 16:329-33. 2006..The results of this study support the assumption that total correction can be achieved through a single-stage operation, performed in infancy...
- Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid sedation in neonates and children undergoing MR imagingJ Poschl
Department of Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Klin Padiatr 219:217-9. 2007..To describe the efficacy and side effects of sedation with Phenobarbital short-time infusion followed by continuous gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) infusion in neonates and children for MRI examinations in a retrospective study...
- Short-term, high-dose testosterone treatment fails to reduce adult height in boys with constitutional tall statureM Bettendorf
Kinderklinik, Pädiatrische Endokrinologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 156:911-5. 1997....
- Acute N-methyl-D,L-aspartate administration stimulates the luteinizing hormone releasing hormone pulse generator in the ovine fetusM Bettendorf
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, Calif
Horm Res 51:25-30. 1999..It appears that central neural inhibition in addition to sex steroid negative feedback contributes to the decrease in fetal gonadotropin concentrations in late gestation. NMDA did not affect fetal oGH or oPRL secretion...
- Lymphocytic hypophysitis with central diabetes insipidus and consequent panhypopituitarism preceding a multifocal, intracranial germinoma in a prepubertal girlM Bettendorf
Kinderklinik, Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 158:288-92. 1999..However, the subsequent MRI showed multiple intracranial lesions identified histologically as a germinoma and a standard chemotherapy and radiation was performed...
- Metacarpal index in short stature before and during growth hormone treatmentM Bettendorf
Division of Paediatric Endocrinology, Children s Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Arch Dis Child 79:165-8. 1998....
- Effects of dehydroepiandrosterone therapy on pubic hair growth and psychological well-being in adolescent girls and young women with central adrenal insufficiency: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled phase III trialG Binder
Pediatric Endocrinology, University Children s Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1182-90. 2009..The efficacy of oral dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in the treatment of atrichia pubis and psychological distress in young females with central adrenal insufficiency is unknown. Our study aimed to evaluate this therapy...
- Longitudinal evaluation of salivary cortisol levels in full-term and preterm neonatesM Bettendorf
Department of Paediatrics, Paediatric Endocrinology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Res 50:303-8. 1998..Furthermore, systemic and nebulized glucocorticoids suppress adrenal function in low-birth-weight neonates. After treatment these children should be closely monitored for potential adrenal insufficiency...
- Transport of insulin-like growth factor-I across endothelial cell monolayers and its binding to the subendothelial matrixJ Grulich-Henn
Department of Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 150, D 16920 Heidelberg, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 110:67-73. 2002..Vitronection seems to be involved in binding of IGF-I to the ECM. ECM-associated IGF-I might play a role in endothelial cell survival and stability...
- Distinctive pitted enamel hypoplasia and short statureM J Koch
Department of Zahnerhaltungskunde, Universitatsklinikum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol 20:155-6. 2000..Growth hormone deficiency and other endocrine deficiencies were excluded. Additional observations of similar cases might outline a newly recognized syndrome...
- Metabolites of the L-arginine-NO pathway in patients with left-to-right shuntM Gorenflo
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Lab 47:441-7. 2001....
- Uterine size in women with Turner syndrome after induction of puberty with estrogens and long-term growth hormone therapy: results of the German IGLU Follow-up Study 2001Helmuth G Doerr
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Erlangen, Germany
Hum Reprod 20:1418-21. 2005..To evaluate the factors influencing uterine size in young adult women with Turner syndrome (TS) after long-term growth hormone (GH) treatment...
- Deletions of the homeobox gene SHOX (short stature homeobox) are an important cause of growth failure in children with short statureGudrun A Rappold
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1402-6. 2002....
- Unusual clinical presentation of primary hypothyroidism in a very young infant caused by autoimmune thyroiditis: case report and update of the literatureJanna Mittnacht
Division of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 153, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 166:881-3. 2007..This condition can cause permanent deficits in psychomotor development and growth despite adequate replacement with L: -thyroxine...
- Central laboratory reassessment of IGF-I, IGF-binding protein-3, and GH serum concentrations measured at local treatment centers in growth-impaired children: implications for the agreement between outpatient screening and the results of somatotropic axis Berthold P Hauffa
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 157:597-603. 2007....
- MRI findings and genotype analysis in patients with childhood onset growth hormone deficiency--correlation with severity of hypopituitarismAnca Zimmermann
1st Clinic of Internal Medicine, Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Germany
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:587-96. 2007..To evaluate the relationship between pituitary size, PIT1 and PROP1 genotype, and the severity of childhood onset growth hormone deficiency (coGHD)...
- Central reassessment of GH concentrations measured at local treatment centers in children with impaired growth: consequences for patient managementBerthold P Hauffa
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Endocrinology, University Children s Hospital, Essen, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 150:291-7. 2004....
- Screening for Pax8 mutations in patients with congenital hypothyroidism in South-West GermanyKirsten Lanzerath
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Res 66:96-100. 2006..To study the frequency of mutations in the Pax8 gene in a cohort of patients with congenital hypothyroidism (CH) in South West Germany...
- Growth analysis in patients with 21-hydroxylase deficiency influence of glucocorticoid dosage, age at diagnosis, phenotype and genotype on growth and height outcomeAnca Grigorescu-Sido
Department of Endocrinology, Iuliu Hatieganu University, Cluj, Romania
Horm Res 60:84-90. 2003..To evaluate the impact of hydrocortisone dosage, age at diagnosis, compliance, genotype and phenotype on growth and height outcome in 21-hydroxylase-deficient patients...
- Three new 46,XX male patients: a clinical, cytogenetic and molecular analysisAnca Grigorescu-Sido
Department of Endocrinology, Iuliu Hatieganu University, Cluj, Romania
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:197-203. 2005..XX males range phenotypically from completely masculinised individuals to true hermaphrodites and include a subset of SRY negative patients. The correlation between genotype (SRY+/-) and phenotype is still unclear...
- Heterozygous nonsense mutation in exon 3 of the growth hormone receptor (GHR) in severe GH insensitivity (Laron syndrome) and the issue of the origin and function of the GHRd3 isoformJacques Pantel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 468, Hopital Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1705-10. 2003..These observations, given the normal phenotype of the heterozygous parents, revealed also that a single copy of either GHRfl or GHRd3 is sufficient for normal growth...