Matthias K Bernhard
Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- [Congenital ranula in a newborn]M K Bernhard
Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Kinder und Jugendliche, Leipzig
HNO 55:388-91. 2007..Sclerotherapy has shown good results as well. As many congenital cysts resolve or rupture spontaneously, they should be observed for potential resolution for several months in uncomplicated cases...
- [Recurrent cortical blindness after LSD-intake]M K Bernhard
Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Kinder und Jugendliche, Liebigstrasse 20a, Leipzig
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 77:102-4. 2009..LSD intake could trigger additional, local cortical dysfunction (e. g. in the occipital areas) in preexisting migraine...
- Is there a need for ophthalmological examinations after a first seizure in paediatric patients?Matthias K Bernhard
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 20a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 169:31-3. 2010..Our data suggest that routine ophthalmological examination in all children does not have additional benefit in the first seizure diagnosis management...
- A yellowish subconjunctival lesion in an infant-congenital orbital fat herniationMatthias K Bernhard
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 20a, Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 169:1427-8. 2010..Magnetic resonance imaging showed a fat isointensive structure in T1-weighing without contrast enhancement. The possible aetiology of the herniation could be a congenital weakness of the Tenon's capsule or the conjunctival fornix...
- Epilepsy in children and adolescents: Disease concepts, practical knowledge, and copingJosefine Pauschek
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Centre for Paediatric Research, Liebigstraße 20a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Epilepsy Behav 59:77-82. 2016..Children suffering from epilepsy face severe difficulties in daily life. However, data about the self-assessment of children are scarce...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) by parents in their children and adolescents with epilepsy - Prevelance, predictors and parents' assessmentNicole Hartmann
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Centre for Paediatric Research, Liebigstr 20a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 20:11-9. 2016..Parents of children suffering from epilepsy may also consider administering CAM to their children. Systematic data about frequency of and motivations for CAM use, however, are scarce...
- Use of Levetiracetam in Neonates in Clinical Practice: A Retrospective Study at a German University HospitalMartina P Neininger
Drug Safety Center, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Neuropediatrics 46:329-34. 2015..To assess LEV tolerance, we sought to identify documented adverse drug reactions resulting in a termination of LEV treatment...
- Phenotypic Variability from Benign Infantile Epilepsy to Ohtahara Syndrome Associated with a Novel Mutation in SCN2ASteffen Syrbe
Division of Child Neurology and Inherited Metabolic Diseases, Department of General Pediatrics, Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Tubingen, Germany Department of Women and Child Health, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Tubingen, Germany
Mol Syndromol 7:182-188. 2016..The observation of benign and severe phenotypes due to an identical mutation within one family contradicts the hypothesis of different modes of inheritance as a mandatory feature discriminating BFNIS from SCN2A encephalopathy...
- [Neurofibromatosis type 1 and associated clinical abnormalities in 27 children]S Syrbe
Universitätsklinik für Kinder und Jugendliche Leipzig, Leipzig
Klin Padiatr 219:326-32. 2007..We describe four new mutations in the NF1 gene; there have been no specific genotype-phenotype correlations. Neurofibromatosis type 1 and associated clinical abnormalities in 27 children...
- Signs and symptoms of pediatric brain tumors and diagnostic value of preoperative EEGMatthias Preuß
Department of Neurosurgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, University Hospital Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 31:2051-4. 2015..The low specificity and sensitivity of EEG (even in patients with clinical seizures as primary symptom of a brain tumor) underline that EEG does not contribute to diagnosis and a normal EEG might even delay correct diagnosis...
- Knowledge and attitudes of school teachers, preschool teachers and students in teacher training about epilepsy and emergency management of seizuresHenriette K Dumeier
Drug Safety Center and Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Arch Dis Child 100:851-5. 2015..School and preschool teachers play a key role in the care of children with epilepsy. Yet, data about their knowledge on epilepsy are scarce...
- Hydrocephalus in aqueductal stenosis--a retrospective outcome analysis and proposal of subtype classificationImke Rodis
Department of Neurosurgery Pediatric Neurosurgery, University Hospital Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 32:617-27. 2016..However, success rates have usually been defined as "ETV non-failure." The aim of the study was a retrospective analysis of radiological and neurological treatment response after ETV or VP-shunting (VPS) in age-dependent subtypes of AQS...
- Wide spectrum of clinical manifestations in children with tuberous sclerosis complex--follow-up of 20 childrenRoland R Mettin
Department of Women and Child Health, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Leipzig, Germany
Brain Dev 36:306-14. 2014..TSC is a multisystem genetic disorder predisposing to multiple organ manifestations and developmental problems. Clinical follow-up of patients remains a challenge for the caring paediatrician...