Affiliation: University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Low recurrence of preexisting extrahepatic malignancies after liver transplantationDaniel Benten
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Liver Transpl 14:789-98. 2008..Therefore, previous extrahepatic malignancy should not be considered a contraindication for OLT per se, but the oncologic/hematologic prognosis should be considered, particularly with respect to the current 5-year survival rate of OLT...
- Aurora kinase inhibitor PHA-739358 suppresses growth of hepatocellular carcinoma in vitro and in a xenograft mouse modelDaniel Benten
I Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Neoplasia 11:934-44. 2009..Thus, targeting aurora kinases with PHA-739358 is a promising therapeutic strategy administered alone or in combination with sorafenib for patients with advanced stages of HCC...
- Simultaneous targeting of Aurora kinases and Bcr-Abl kinase by the small molecule inhibitor PHA-739358 is effective against imatinib-resistant BCR-ABL mutations including T315IArtur Gontarewicz
Klinik für Onkologie und Hämatologie, Universitäres Cancer Center, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Blood 111:4355-64. 2008..Clinical trials investigating this compound in IM-resistant CML have recently been initiated...
- Targeting aurora kinases with danusertib (PHA-739358) inhibits growth of liver metastases from gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors in an orthotopic xenograft modelKatharina Fraedrich
I Medizinische Klinik, Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, II Medizinische Klinik, Onkologisches Zentrum, Universitätsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf Labor Lademannbogen, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 18:4621-32. 2012..As conservative treatment options for advanced gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP-NET) are disappointing, aurora kinases may be an interesting target for novel therapeutic strategies...
- Matrix stiffness modulates proliferation, chemotherapeutic response, and dormancy in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsJorg Schrader
Medical Research Council MRC Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom Department of Medicine I, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Hepatology 53:1192-205. 2011..This was associated with enhanced expression of cancer stem cell markers, including clusters of differentiation 44 (CD44), CD133, c-kit, cysteine-X-cysteine receptor 4, octamer-4 (CXCR4), and NANOG...
- Infections complicating severe alcoholic hepatitis: Enterococcus species represent the most frequently identified pathogenClaudia Beisel
a Department of Internal Medicine I, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Hamburg University Medical Center, Hamburg, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 51:807-13. 2016..Patients with acute alcoholic steatohepatitis are at a high risk for infections. To date, neither disease-specific pathogen patterns, nor typical sites of infection, nor antibiotic treatment strategies have been established for AH...
- High clinical manifestation rate in an imported outbreak of hepatitis E genotype 1 infection in a German group of travellers returning from IndiaSven Pischke
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Ann Hepatol 16:57-62. 2017..We describe the clinical course of a single outbreak of hepatitis E in a German travellers group returning from India and compare the results of two commercial HEV-seroassays...
- High Rate of Cardiac Abnormalities in a Postmortem Analysis of Patients Suffering From Liver CirrhosisMalte H Wehmeyer
Departments of Medicine Legal Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf Department of General and Interventional Cardiology, Hamburg University Heart Center, Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Gastroenterol 49:866-72. 2015..Cirrhotic cardiomyopathy is a recently defined cardiac disorder in patients with end-stage liver disease. The frequency and exact manifestations of cardiac changes in liver cirrhosis is unknown...
- Orthotopic liver transplantation and what to do during follow-up: recommendations for the practitionerDaniel Benten
Department of Gastroenterology Hepatology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:23-36. 2009..This Review suggests guidelines for the management of OLT recipients to improve long-term survival, overall outcome and health-related quality of life...
- The transhepatic endotoxin gradient is present despite liver cirrhosis and is attenuated after transjugular portosystemic shunt (TIPS)Daniel Benten
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 11:107. 2011..Translocation of gut-derived bacterial products such as endotoxin is a major problem in liver cirrhosis...
- Hepatic targeting of transplanted liver sinusoidal endothelial cells in intact miceDaniel Benten
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Cancer Research Center, Diabetes Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Hepatology 42:140-8. 2005..These findings may facilitate analysis of LSEC for cell and gene therapy applications...
- Isolated small intestinal segments support auxiliary livers with maintenance of hepatic functionsBrigid Joseph
Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Nat Med 10:749-53. 2004..This ability to produce functionally competent auxiliary livers in vascularized intestinal segments offers therapeutic potential for liver disease and genetic deficiency...
- Emerging insights into liver-directed cell therapy for genetic and acquired disordersSanjeev Gupta
Department of Medicine, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Cancer Research Center and General Clinical Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Ullmann Building, Rm 625, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Transpl Immunol 12:289-302. 2004..Taken together, these advances indicate that liver-directed cell therapy will be well positioned in the near future to play significant roles in transplantation medicine...