Affiliation: University Hospital
- Chemoresistance of glioblastoma cancer stem cells--much more complex than expectedDagmar Beier
Department of Neurology, RWTH Aachen, Medical School, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Mol Cancer 10:128. 2011..Thus, the interaction of CSC and chemotherapy is more complex than may be expected and it is necessary to consider these factors in order to overcome chemoresistance in the patient...
- Temozolomide preferentially depletes cancer stem cells in glioblastomaDagmar Beier
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Medical School, Regensburg, Germany
Cancer Res 68:5706-15. 2008..Accordingly, our data strongly suggest that optimized temozolomide-based chemotherapeutic protocols might substantially improve the elimination of GBM stem cells and consequently prolong the survival of patients...
- Efficacy of clinically relevant temozolomide dosing schemes in glioblastoma cancer stem cell linesDagmar Beier
Department of Neurology and JARA Brain, Hospital Medical School, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
J Neurooncol 109:45-52. 2012..The 7 days on/7 days off scheme consistently showed the best activity of all schedules in TMZ-resistant CSC lines...
- Glioblastoma cancer stem cells--from concept to clinical applicationBarbara E Stopschinski
Department of Neurology, JARA BRAIN, RWTH Aachen, University Hospital, Medical School, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Cancer Lett 338:32-40. 2013..This review therefore describes current concepts and controversies on CSC in GBM and summarizes the recent progress how the CSC hypothesis is about to translate into preclinical and clinical application. ..
- The cancer stem cell subtype determines immune infiltration of glioblastomaChristoph P Beier
Department of Neurology, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Stem Cells Dev 21:2753-61. 2012..Thus, the molecular subtype of CSCs TGF-beta-dependently contributes to the degree of immune infiltration...
- RNOP-09: pegylated liposomal doxorubicine and prolonged temozolomide in addition to radiotherapy in newly diagnosed glioblastoma--a phase II studyChristoph P Beier
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 9:308. 2009..Although Temozolomide is effective against glioblastoma, the prognosis remains dismal and new regimens with synergistic activity are sought for...
- CD133 negative cancer stem cells in glioblastomaChristoph P Beier
Department of Neurology, RWTH Aachen, Medical School, Aachen, Germany
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 3:701-10. 2011....
- CD133 expression and cancer stem cells predict prognosis in high-grade oligodendroglial tumorsDagmar Beier
Laboratory of Neurooncology, Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Medical School, Regensburg, Germany
Brain Pathol 18:370-7. 2008..The presence or absence of CD133(+) CSC might explain the crucial biological difference between WHO grade III and IV oligodendroglial tumors...
- Short-term effective treatment of CNS metastasis of sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma with temozolomide and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin: A case reportDagmar Beier
Department of Neurology, Medical School, University of Regensburg and District Medical Center Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Cases J 1:210. 2008....