Cornelia Baumgardt Elms
Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- Testicular cancer and electromagnetic fields (EMF) in the workplace: results of a population-based case-control study in GermanyCornelia Baumgardt-Elms
Hamburg Cancer Registry, Adolph Schönfelder Strasse 5, 22 083 Hamburg, Germany
Cancer Causes Control 13:895-902. 2002..In a population-based case-control study, we examined the association of testicular cancer and electromagnetic fields (EMF) in the workplace...
- Firefighting and risk of testicular cancer: results from a German population-based case-control studyAndreas Stang
Institute for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, University Hospital of Essen, Hufelandstr Essen, Germany
Am J Ind Med 43:291-4. 2003..There is some evidence of an elevated risk for testicular cancer among firefighters...
- Testicular, other genital, and breast cancers in first-degree relatives of testicular cancer patients and controlsKatja Bromen
Institutes of Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:1316-24. 2004..Our findings support the hypothesis that testicular and other genital cancers have a common familial component that may be due to genetic and shared exogenous factors such as estrogen exposure during fetal development...
- Residential exposure to overhead high-voltage lines and the risk of testicular cancer: results of a population-based case-control study in Hamburg (Germany)Cornelia Baumgardt-Elms
Hamburg Cancer Registry, State Ministry of Science and Health, Hamburg, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 78:20-6. 2005..In a population-based case-control study we examined the association between residential exposure to overhead high-voltage lines and testicular cancer...
- Sun exposure and number of nevi in 5- to 6-year-old European childrenMadeleine Dulon
Department of Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, School of Public Health, University of Bielefeld, University Street 25, Germany
J Clin Epidemiol 55:1075-81. 2002..In conclusion, strategies to reduce the incidence of melanoma should begin with young children...
- Cooking and uveal melanoma risk: results from two German case-control studiesAndreas Stang
Institute for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, Medical Faculty, University of Essen, Germany
Cancer Causes Control 14:377-80. 2003..Two recent studies indicated that cooks may have an increased risk of uveal melanoma. Here we report findings of two German case-control studies regarding cooking and uveal melanoma risk...
- Alcohol drinking may increase risk of breast cancer in men: a European population-based case-control studyPascal Guénel
INSERM, Unité 170, 16 Avenue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Cancer Causes Control 15:571-80. 2004..We have investigated the role of alcohol drinking in male breast cancer using data collected in a population-based case-control study on seven rare cancers, conducted in Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, and Sweden...
- Carpenters, cabinetmakers, and risk of testicular germ cell cancerAndreas Stang
Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biometry and Informatics, University Hospital of Halle, Magdeburgerstrasse 27, 06097 Halle, Germany
J Occup Environ Med 47:299-305. 2005..We explored our data of a German population-based case-control study on the etiology of testicular cancer with regard to this association...
- Adolescent milk fat and galactose consumption and testicular germ cell cancerAndreas Stang
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biometry, and Informatics, Medical Faculty, University of Halle Wittenberg, Magdeburger Strasse 27, 06097 Halle, Saale, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2189-95. 2006..41-2.86) for each additional 200 g galactose per month during adolescence. Our results suggest that milk fat and/or galactose may explain the association between milk and dairy product consumption and seminomatous testicular cancer...