Genomes and Genes
University of Munich
Organization: University of Munich
- [Multimodality treatment concepts for metastatic breast cancer]V Heinemann
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, Comprehensive Cancer Center LMU, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistrase 15, 81377, Munchen
Internist (Berl) 51:1358-65. 2010..While large prospective trials are missing to support the beneficial effect of this strategy, retrospective analyses are highly suggestive offering rapid disease control and even long-term survival in selected patients...
- G-CSF in patients suffering from late revascularized ST elevation myocardial infarction: analysis on the timing of G-CSF administrationMarkus G Engelmann
Medical Department I Cardiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Exp Hematol 36:703-9. 2008..We investigated the influence of the timing of G-CSF treatment on myocardial function and perfusion in a subgroup study of the G-CSF-ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction trial...
- Efficient temporal processing of naturalistic soundsNicholas A Lesica
Department of Biology II, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Martinsried, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e1655. 2008....
- Creation of ventricular septal defects on the beating heart in a new pig modelR Kozlik-Feldmann
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Eur Surg Res 40:297-303. 2008..Thus, alternative therapeutic strategies should be developed. We present a new animal model for the evaluation of such strategies...
- Beat-to-beat variability of QT intervals is increased in patients with drug-induced long-QT syndrome: a case control pilot studyMartin Hinterseer
Department of Medicine I, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81366 Munich, Germany
Eur Heart J 29:185-90. 2008..Here, we evaluate variability of QT intervals in patients with a history of drug-induced long QT syndrome (dLQTS) and TdP in absence of a mutation in any of the major LQTS genes...
- B cells and tertiary lymphoid organs in renal inflammationS Segerer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Kidney Int 73:533-7. 2008..In this way, they could enhance the local immune response to persisting autoantigens in the tubulointerstitium...
- Fluorescence spectroscopy of reconstituted peridinin-chlorophyll-protein complexesS Mackowski
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Center for Nanoscience, Ludwig Maximilian University, Butenandtstrasse 11, 81377, Munich, Germany
Photosynth Res 95:253-60. 2008..In the case of hetero-chlorophyllous complexes containing acChl a, the energy transfer is unidirectional in the energetically preferable direction, while it is bi-directional in the sample reconstituted with Chl a and Chl b...
- [Arthralgia in childhood]Annette Jansson
Dr von Haunersches Kinderspital, Munchen
MMW Fortschr Med 149:38-40. 2007..Depending on the diagnosis, pain is treated by orthopedic, anti-inflammatory or antibiotic means, where necessary supported by physical measures/physiotherapy...
- In-vivo topography of structural alterations of the anterior cingulate in patients with schizophrenia: new findings and comparison with the literatureThomas Zetzsche
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ludwig Maximilians University, Nussbaumstrasse 7, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Schizophr Res 96:34-45. 2007....
- Quality of different in-clinic test systems for feline immunodeficiency virus and feline leukaemia virus infectionKatrin Hartmann
Clinic for Small Animal Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Veterinaerstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
J Feline Med Surg 9:439-45. 2007..Specificity, sensitivity, positive and negative predictive values of each test and the quality of the results were compared...
- Two-photon photodynamic therapy of C6 cells by means of 5-aminolevulinic acid induced protoporphyrin IXTobias J Beck
Laser Research Laboratory, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Photochem Photobiol B 87:174-82. 2007..The successful photodynamic treatment of a large area of a monolayer cell culture induced by two-photon excitation offers new perspectives for photodynamic treatment modalities...
- High-resolution whole-body magnetic resonance imaging applications at 1.5 and 3 Tesla: a comparative studyGerwin P Schmidt
Institute of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals Munich Grosshadern, LMU, Munich, Germany
Invest Radiol 42:449-59. 2007..To analyze the impact of altered magnetic field properties on image quality and on potential artifacts when an established whole-body magnetic resonance imaging (WB-MRI) protocol at 1.5 Tesla (T) is migrated to 3 T...
- Identification of a novel 82 kDa proMMP-9 species associated with the surface of leukaemic cells: (auto-)catalytic activation and resistance to inhibition by TIMP-1Christian Ries
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Biochemistry in the Surgical Department, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, 80336 Munich, Germany
Biochem J 405:547-58. 2007..Thus, the 82 kDa proMMP-9 expressed on the surface of malignant cells may escape inhibition by natural TIMP-1, thereby facilitating cellular invasion in vivo...
- Smooth pursuit eye movements and optokinetic nystagmusUlrich Büttner
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Dev Ophthalmol 40:76-89. 2007..This chapter will consider the general characteristics and the anatomical and physiological basis of these eye movements. It will conclude with disorders, particularly those seen in clinical investigations...
- Pulmonary dysfunction and skeletal muscle changes in horses with RAOH Gehlen
Equine Clinic, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
J Vet Intern Med 22:1014-21. 2008..Muscle biopsies from healthy horses and from horses with RAO were investigated and the relationship between the severity of lung disease and the degree of muscular changes was determined...
- Myeloid Src kinases regulate phagocytosis and oxidative burst in pneumococcal meningitis by activating NADPH oxidaseRobert Paul
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 84:1141-50. 2008..These data support the role of SFKs as critical mediators of CR3 signal transduction in host defense...
- Isn't the efficacy of antidepressants clinically relevant? A critical comment on the results of the metaanalysis by Kirsch et al. 2008Hans Jurgen Moller
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Nussbaumstrasse 7, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:451-5. 2008..Especially from these derived effect sizes should be interpreted carefully...
- Update on the molecular pathogenesis and clinical treatment of Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL): minutes of the 9th European MCL Network conferenceMartin Dreyling
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern LMU Munich, Munich, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1612-22. 2010..At the recent annual conference in Jerusalem, recent results of molecular pathogenesis, analyses of current clinical trials, and new study concepts were discussed...
- Effect of anaesthesia and cardiopulmonary bypass on blood endocannabinoid concentrations during cardiac surgeryF Weis
Klinikum Grosshadern, Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Br J Anaesth 105:139-44. 2010..We sought to study changes in plasma endocannabinoid concentrations during cardiac surgery (CS) under general anaesthesia with isoflurane/sufentanil, and during cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- The intrinsic renal compartment syndrome: new perspectives in kidney transplantationTanja Herrler
Department of Surgery, Experimental Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Transplantation 89:40-6. 2010..This study examines the effect of edema-related pressure elevation on renal function and describes a simple method to relieve pressure within the renal compartment...
- Canine embryonic stem cells: state of the artM R Schneider
Institut für Molekulare Tierzucht und Biotechnologie, Genzentrum der LMU München, Munchen, Germany
Theriogenology 74:492-7. 2010..Here, we discuss the features of recently reported canine embryo-derived cells and their potential applications in basic and translational biomedical research...
- Prospective evaluation of the functional sling suspension for male postprostatectomy stress urinary incontinence: results after 1 yearRicarda M Bauer
Urological Department, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Eur Urol 56:928-33. 2009..In recent years, various minimally invasive sling systems have been investigated as treatment options for such incontinence...
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging activations of cortical eye fields during saccades, smooth pursuit, and optokinetic nystagmusMarianne Dieterich
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1164:282-92. 2009..MT+/V5 showed two partitions only for saccades, but not for smooth pursuit or OKN...
- Cardiolipin and mitochondrial carriersMartin Klingenberg
Institut für Physiologische Chemie der Universität München, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:2048-58. 2009....
- Chemokines and chemokine receptors as therapeutic targets in chronic kidney diseaseVolker Vielhauer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Campus Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Front Biosci (Schol Ed) 1:1-12. 2009....
- Electrical impedance tomography is able to track changes in respiratory function in endotoxin-challenged rodentsSusanne Herber-Jonat
Division of Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Perinatal Center, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Grosshadern, Munich, Marchioninistr 15, Munich D 81377, Germany
Respirology 14:680-8. 2009..Electrical impedance tomography (EIT) has been suggested as a technique for quantifying lung inflammation in ALI. However, EIT has not been evaluated in a rodent model of ALI...
- Role of toll-like receptor 3, RIG-I, and MDA5 in the expression of mesothelial IL-8 induced by viral RNAMarkus Wornle
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 160:1179-87. 2010....
- Student learning preferences and the impact of a multimedia learning tool in the dissection course at the University of MunichChristopher Adamczyk
Anatomische Anstalt der LMU München, Pettenkoferstrasse 11, Munich, Germany
Ann Anat 191:339-48. 2009..We investigated this question in the anatomic dissection course for first year medical students at the University of Munich (n=850) by giving all participating students access to an anatomical multimedia CD-ROM...
- Assessment of functioning in patients with head and neck cancer according to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF): a multicenter studyUta Tschiesner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Laryngoscope 119:915-23. 2009..To assess the level of functioning in patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) using the the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF)...
- Trigeminal perception is necessary to localize odorsA M Kleemann
Department of Neuroradiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Physiol Behav 97:401-5. 2009....
- Agitation, pruritus, and ectoparasites on a rat and a mouseWieland Beck
Institute for Comparative Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Leopoldstrasse 5, D80802 Munich, Germany
Lab Anim (NY) 36:17-9. 2007
- [Stigmatization of language impaired children from the parents' perspective]Waldemar von Suchodoletz
Klinik für Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 55:711-23. 2006..Therefore, in counseling such families child and adolescent psychiatrists should address this issue adequately and recommend appropriate coping strategies...
- Clinical management of large adrenal cystic lesionsHolger Schmid
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Munchen, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, D 80336, Munich, Germany
Int Urol Nephrol 37:767-71. 2005..En bloc adrenalectomy, preferably by a laparoscopic approach, has become the treatment of choice...
- [Hazards of mountain climbing and hiking]Rainald Fischer
Pneumologie, Medizinische Klinik der Universität München
MMW Fortschr Med 147:28-30, 32. 2005..A sojourn in the mountains requires effective preparation and prophylaxis against oxygen deficiency, increased UV radiation, as well as against the possibility of hypothermia and frostbite...
- 18F-FDG PET/CT for staging of penile cancerBernhard Scher
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:1460-5. 2005..The objective of this study was to investigate the pattern of (18)F-FDG uptake in the primary malignancy and its metastases and to determine the diagnostic value of (18)F-FDG PET/CT in the staging and restaging of penile cancer...
- [Pulmonary manifestations in rheumatic systemic diseases]T Schlossbauer
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum Innenstadt der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Radiologe 45:649-63; quiz 664. 2005..Frequently unrecognised pulmonary involvement ends up as fibrosis with irreversible deficits in respiratory function...
- Phase contrast and DIC illumination for AFM hybridsRobert A Lugmaier
Lehrstuhl fur Angewandte Physik and Center for Nanoscience, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Amalienstrasse 54, D 80799 Munchen, Germany
Ultramicroscopy 104:255-60. 2005..Here, we report two conceptually different strategies to implement these light microscopy techniques in a fully functional AFM head at the ultimate resolution of the Abbe diffraction limit...
- Idiopathic facial paralysis (Bell's palsy) in the immediate puerperium in a patient with mild preeclampsia: a case reportIoannis Mylonas
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Maistrasse 11, 80337 Munich, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 272:241-3. 2005..Idiopathic peripheral facial palsy is the most common and frequent unilateral cranial neurological disorder characterized by an isolated facial nerve paralysis...
- Gamma-delta T cells as orally induced suppressor cells in rats: in vitro characterizationGerhild Wildner
Section of Immunobiology, Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Mathildenstr 8, 80336 Munich, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1029:416-21. 2004..In vivo and in vitro these regulatory cells specifically recognize retinal autoantigen peptide PDSAg and its mimotope B27PD, but not other mimicry peptides. Proliferation of gamma/delta T cells was MHC class II and CD8 dependent...
- The rabbit model serves as a valuable operative experience and helps to establish new techniques for abdominal and thoracic endosurgeryHans Joachim Kirlum
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Munich, Lindwurmstr 4, 80337 Munich, Germany
Pediatr Surg Int 21:91-3. 2005..In paediatric surgical departments with a specific focus on endosurgery in the abdominal and thoracic cavities, this training model could help to introduce new techniques and add valuable educational strategies...
- [Chronic otitis media]C Matthias
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde, Klinikum Grosshadern der LMU München
MMW Fortschr Med 146:36-7, 39-40. 2004..Reconstruction of the ossicles takes second place in importance to complete removal of the cholesteatoma. All patients with this condition--in particular children--should be kept under surveillance over the long term...
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection and Tourette's syndromeNorbert Muller
Hospital for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ludwig Maximilians University Munchen, Nussbaumstrasse 7, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Psychiatry Res 129:119-25. 2004..An autoimmune reaction, however, has to be taken into account. In predisposed persons, infection with various agents including M. pneumoniae should be considered as at least an aggravating factor in TS...
- Are illness concepts a powerful predictor of adherence to prophylactic treatment in bipolar disorder?Nikolaus Kleindienst
Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 65:966-74. 2004..The present study is the first to prospectively investigate the influence of illness concepts on adherence of bipolar patients to different medications...
- Metabolically deficient methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus as cause of chronic post-thoracotomy sternal wound infectionA Roggenkamp
Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Medical Centre Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:419-21. 2004
- [Pre-clinical management of shock patients]F Christ
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, LMU Munchen
Internist (Berl) 45:267-76. 2004..Of utmost importance in the pre-clinical management of patients in shock is the optimal selection of the centre that the patient is referred to in order to establish the fastest and best possible definite treatment for the patient...
- Worthy heir or treacherous patricide? Konrad Lorenz and Jakob v. UexküllFlorian Mildenberger
Institute for the History of Medicine, Lessingstrasse 2, D 80336 Munich
Riv Biol 98:419-33. 2005....
- Neuroanatomy of Down syndrome in vivo: a model of preclinical Alzheimer's diseaseStefan J Teipel
Alzheimer Memorial Center and Geriatric Psychiatry Branch, Dementia and Neuroimaging Section, Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Behav Genet 36:405-15. 2006..This has major implications for our understanding of the onset and progression of AD-type pathology both in DS and in sporadic AD...
- [Special aspects of immunotherapy in children]Franziska Rueff
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Allergologie, Klinikum der Universität München Campus Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Frauenlobstrasse 9 11, D 80337 München
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 4:143-52; quiz 153-4. 2006
- Stage-specific adaptation of hypermutable Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates during chronic pulmonary infection in patients with cystic fibrosisMichael Hogardt
Max von Pettenkofer Institut fur Hygiene und Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
J Infect Dis 195:70-80. 2007..In cystic fibrosis (CF), such mutator strains may lead to the rapid selection of survivors that are specifically adapted to the hostile environment of the inflamed CF lung...
- Effect of enlarged glutathione on zinc-mediated toxicity in lung-derived cell linesU I Walther
Walther Straub Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Goethestr 33, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 21:380-6. 2007..It is therefore discussed that additionally to glutathione some other antioxidative defence mechanisms can influence zinc-mediated toxicity as well...
- CSF phosphorylated tau protein correlates with neocortical neurofibrillary pathology in Alzheimer's diseaseKatharina Buerger
Dementia Research Section and Memory Clinic, Alzheimer Memorial Center, Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Germany
Brain 129:3035-41. 2006..There was a correlation between P-tau231P in CSF and brain homogenates. These findings indicate that CSF P-tau231P may serve as an in vivo surrogate biomarker of neurofibrillary pathology in Alzheimer's disease...
- Quantitative and qualitative characterization of vascularization and hemodynamics in head and neck tumors with a 3D magnetic resonance time-resolved echo-shared angiographic technique (TREAT)--initial resultsH J Michaely
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 17:1101-10. 2007..75) to quantitative SIT curves. We conclude that TREAT imaging permits the characterization of tumor vascularity and holds promise as a supplementary diagnostic tool in the differential diagnosis of HNT...
- Significance of Elecsys S100 immunoassay for real-time assessment of traumatic brain damage in multiple trauma patientsThomas Mussack
Department of Surgery Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:1140-5. 2006..The objective of this study was to measure early S100 levels using the Elecsys S100 immunoassay for real-time assessment of severe TBI in multiple trauma...
- Systemic cancer progression and tumor dormancy: mathematical models meet single cell genomicsChristoph A Klein
Institut fur Immunologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Cell Cycle 5:1788-98. 2006....
- The most widespread symbiosis on EarthBrachmann Andreas
Department, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
PLoS Biol 4:e239. 2006
- [Risk-adapted therapy of acute myeloid leukemia]W Hiddemann
Medizinische Klinik III, Universitat Munchen, Grosshadern, 81377 Munchen
Internist (Berl) 47:S33-9. 2006..These will guide therapeutic decisions in future therapeutic strategies and may ultimately lead to an individualized treatment concept...
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of pulmonary tumors--is there a difference between treatment under general anaesthesia and under conscious sedation?R T Hoffmann
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Campus Grosshadern, Marchioninstr, 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur J Radiol 59:168-74. 2006..This retrospective study aimed to compare feasibility, complication rate and local tumor control after radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of pulmonary tumors under conscious analgo-sedation (AS) versus general anaesthesia (GA)...
- The alliance against depression: 2-year evaluation of a community-based intervention to reduce suicidalityUlrich Hegerl
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Psychol Med 36:1225-33. 2006..The aim of the Nuremberg Alliance against Depression (NAD) is to establish and to assess the effectiveness of a four-level intervention program for improving the care of patients with depression...
- The many faces of the hygiene hypothesisBianca Schaub
University Children s Hospital Munich, Dr von Haunersches Kinderspital, Pediatric Pulmonary Division, LMU Munich, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:969-77; quiz 978. 2006..Even if today practical implications cannot directly be deduced from these findings, there is great potential for the development of novel preventive and therapeutic strategies in the future...
- Comparison of systemic and renal effects of dopexamine and dopamine in norepinephrine-treated septic shockMartin Schmoelz
Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:173-8. 2006..The primary hypothesis to be tested was that dopexamine is more effective than dopamine and that dopamine shows better effects than placebo regarding organ failures and C(crea)...
- [Lymphadenopathy and constitutional symptoms. Progress of a low-grade follicular lymphoma?]H J Stemmler
Medizinische Klinik III, Klinikum Grosshadern der LMU München
Internist (Berl) 47:528-32. 2006..Within a few days of cyclophosphamide and prednisone treatment the clinical presentation improved and imaging studies detected regression of all manifestations during follow-up...
- Surgical resection of gliomas WHO grade II and III located in the opercular regionA Peraud
Department of Neurosurgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:9-17; discussion 17-8. 2004..g. aphasia, apraxia), and to correlate these data with MR and intraoperative monitoring results...
- Suicidal Behavior in Mood Disorders: Genes and Intermediate PhenotypesDan Rujescu; Fiscal Year: 2010..in New York City, USA (Mann), McGill University in Montreal, Canada (Turecki) and University of Munich, Germany (Rujescu) to examine the complex genetic basis of suicidal behavior...
- Type 1 Diabetes triggers: diet modification in neonatesANETTE ZIEGLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful this consortium will identify environmental factors which can be manipulated in order to reduce T1DM incidence. ..