Genomes and Genes
- EMMPRIN (CD 147) is expressed in Hodgkin's lymphoma and anaplastic large cell lymphoma. An immunohistochemical study of 60 casesChristoph Thorns
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 22:1983-6. 2002..Whereas TIMP-1 expression is described for high-grade malignant lymphomas and seems to be correlated with unfavourable prognosis, there are no data on the expression of EMMPRIN in malignant lymphoma...
- cDNA arrays: gene expression profiles of Hodgkin's disease and anaplastic large cell lymphoma cell linesChristoph Thorns
Department of Pathology, German Consultation and Reference Center for Lymphomas, Medical University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Pathol Int 52:578-85. 2002..Because the expression profiling was performed on cell lines, further studies are needed to clarify the biological significance of the differentially expressed genes...
- Matrix-metalloproteinases in Hodgkin lymphomaC Thorns
Institute of Pathology, University of Luebeck, German Consultation and Reference Centre for Lymphomas, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:1555-8. 2003..These morphological peculiarities led to the idea that the interaction between tumour cells and bystander cells as well as the extracellular matrix may be important in Hodgkin lymphomas...
- Prevalence of targetable oncogenic mutations and genomic alterations in Epstein-Barr virus-associated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the elderlyNiklas Gebauer
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Luebeck, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 56:1100-6. 2015..Few mutations affecting CD79B and CARD11 and no MYD88 mutations were detectable, hinting at EBV-mediated activation of NF-κB as an alternative to pathologically enforced B-cell receptor signaling in this rare entity. ..
- Immunoblastic morphology but not the immunohistochemical GCB/nonGCB classifier predicts outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the RICOVER-60 trial of the DSHNHLGerman Ott
Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Blood 116:4916-25. 2010....
- MicroRNA signatures characterize diffuse large B-cell lymphomas and follicular lymphomasAnja Roehle
Institute for Pathology, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Br J Haematol 142:732-44. 2008..Finally, eight miRNAs were found to correlate with event-free and overall survival in DLBCL including known tumour suppressors (MIRN21, MIRN127 and MIRN34a) and oncogenes (MIRN195 and MIRNLET7G)...
- miRNA expression profiling in formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded placental tissue samples from pregnancies with severe preeclampsiaFrank Noack
Institute of Pathology, University of Lubeck, Germany
J Perinat Med 39:267-71. 2011..The placenta is considered to play a key role in pathogenesis of preeclampsia. The purpose of this study was to demonstrate deregulation of miRNAs in placentas with preeclampsia using formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues...
- TP53 mutations are frequent events in double-hit B-cell lymphomas with MYC and BCL2 but not MYC and BCL6 translocationsNiklas Gebauer
Department of Pathology, Reference Center for Lymph Node Pathology and Hematopathology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Luebeck, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 56:179-85. 2015..Immunohistochemical staining appears to be a sensitive surrogate of TP53 mutation status with moderate specificity...
- Dysregulation of microRNAs in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphomaKatharina Reddemann
Institute of Pathology, Reference Centre for Lymph Node Pathology and Hematopathology, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 35:2055-61. 2015..MicroRNAs are a group of small non-coding RNAs that can negatively regulate gene expression on a posttranscriptional level. Their dysregulation has been shown to be of importance in numerous tumour entities...
- Oncogenic mutations and chromosomal aberrations in primary extranodal diffuse large B-cell lymphomas of the thyroid--a study of 21 casesJuliana Knief
Department of Pathology, Reference Centre for Lymph Node Pathology and Hematopathology J K, V B, J S, K R, A C F, C T, Department of Internal Medicine I N G, J G, G B, H L, and Department of Radiation Oncology D R, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:754-62. 2015..Primary extranodal diffuse large B-cell lymphomas of the thyroid (ptDLBCL) constitute a rare entity, which until now was not fully explored...
- Sarcoma of follicular dendritic cells with features of sinus lining cells--a new subtype of reticulum cell sarcoma?Manuela Krokowski
Department of Pathology, Reference Center for Lymph Node Pathology and Hematopathology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Virchows Arch 452:565-70. 2008..Due to the assumed specificity of this antibody, we propose designation of this reticulum cell sarcoma as lymphatic sinus lining cell sarcoma which might finally represent another subtype of reticulum cell sarcomas...
- BCL6-translocations affect the phenotype of follicular lymphomas only in the absence of t(14;18)IgH/BCL2Wiebke Gollub
Department of Pathology, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 29:4649-55. 2009..This study aimed to determine the frequency of BCL2- and BCL6-translocations in FL and to identify morphological and immuno-histochemical features with respect to the presence of BCL2- and BCL6-translocations...
- MicroRNA profiling of low-grade and transformed nodal marginal zone lymphoma reveals a similar signature pattern distinct from diffuse large B cell lymphomaNiklas Gebauer
Department of Pathology, Reference Centre for Lymph Node Pathology and Hematopathology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Acta Haematol 133:214-20. 2015..Many hematologic malignancies exhibit distinct microRNA signatures. MicroRNA implication in the pathogenesis of nodal marginal zone lymphoma (NMZL), however, remains widely elusive...
- Genomic landscape of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsNiklas Gebauer
Niklas Gebauer, Christian Schmidt Werthern, Veronica Bernard, Alfred C Feller, Christoph Thorns, Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 20:17498-506. 2014..To investigate the prognostic role of genomic stability and copy number alterations (CNAs) pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PanNETs)...
- Gene profiling in anaplastic large-cell lymphoma-derived cell lines with cDNA expression arraysTimo Gaiser
Department of Pathology, Medical University of Luebeck, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 11:423-8. 2002....
- Loss of HLA-DR expression and immunoblastic morphology predict adverse outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma - analyses of cases from two prospective randomized clinical trialsHeinz Wolfram Bernd
Institute of Pathology, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160 D 23538 Lübeck, Germany
Haematologica 94:1569-80. 2009....
- Prognostic value of MCM2 immunoreactivity in stage T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderStefan Kruger
Institute of Pathology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538, Lubeck, Germany
Eur Urol 43:138-45. 2003..To our knowledge, there are no reports on studies investigating minichromosome maintenance protein 2 (MCM2) expression in bladder carcinomas. Thus, we investigated the prognostic value of MCM2 immunoreactivity in stage T1 bladder tumors...
- Application of novel tissue microarrays to investigate expression of tryptase, chymase and KIT protein in placental mast cellsFrank Noack
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 272:223-8. 2005..Because little is known about the role of mast cells in the placenta, we investigated the number and expression of chymase, tryptase, and KIT protein in placental mast cells using newly developed tissue microarrays...
- Basal cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation arising in a scar: A case reportManuela Krokowski
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Germany
Dermatol Online J 15:4. 2009..Neuroendocrine differentiation was proven by immunohistochemistry and electron microscopy. The simultaneous occurrence of BCC development in a scar and neuroendocrine differentiation is quite rare...
- Unlocking pathology archives for microRNA-profilingKai P Hoefig
Institute for Pathology, UKSH Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 28:119-23. 2008..A variety of high-throughput screening methods has been developed to identify dysregulated miRNA species in tumours. For retrospective clinical studies formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue is the most widely used material...
- Activating mutations affecting the NF-kappa B pathway and EZH2-mediated epigenetic regulation are rare events in primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphomaNiklas Gebauer
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 34:5503-7. 2014..Several promising targeted-therapy approaches, derived from these findings, are currently under development...
- Chromosomal aberrations in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma and peripheral T-cell lymphoma unspecified: A matrix-based CGH approachChristoph Thorns
Department of Pathology, German Consultation and Reference Center for Lymphomas, University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:37-44. 2007..In conclusion, CGH revealed common genetic events in peripheral T-cell lymphomas as well as peculiar differences between AILT and PTCL-u...
- Immunohistochemical prognostic markers in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: validation of tissue microarray as a prerequisite for broad clinical applications--a study from the Lunenburg Lymphoma Biomarker ConsortiumDaphne de Jong
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 25:805-12. 2007....
- Preservation of follicle mantle in follicular lymphomaChristoph Thorns
Leuk Lymphoma 49:166-7. 2008