B A Tenhagen
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in cattle food chains - prevalence, diversity, and antimicrobial resistance in GermanyB A Tenhagen
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, Department Biological Safety, 10589 Berlin, Germany Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
J Anim Sci 92:2741-51. 2014..Isolates from the veal chain displayed the highest resistance rates. We conclude that there is substantial diversity in the MRSA prevalence across different cattle production sectors. ..
- Prevalence of types of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in turkey flocks and personnel attending the animalsA Richter
Chemisches und Veterinaruntersuchungsamt Stuttgart, Fellbach, Germany
Epidemiol Infect 140:2223-32. 2012..In five flocks MRSA of spa-type t002 that is not related to CC398 were identified. Moreover, other methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus spp. were detected on 11 farms and in eight people working on the farms...
- Correlations between periparturient serum concentrations of non-esterified fatty acids, beta-hydroxybutyric acid, bilirubin, and urea and the occurrence of clinical and subclinical postpartum bovine endometritisToschi B Kaufmann
Clinic for Animal Reproduction, Section of Production Medicine and Quality Management, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
BMC Vet Res 6:47. 2010..At wk +5, all cows were examined for signs of CE and SCE...
- Prevalence of MRSA types in slaughter pigs in different German abattoirsB A Tenhagen
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Berlin, Germany
Vet Rec 165:589-93. 2009..5 per cent were resistant to erythromycin and 80.7 per cent were resistant to clindamycin. Less than 5 per cent of the isolates were resistant to other antimicrobials...
- Factors associated with the occurrence of MRSA CC398 in herds of fattening pigs in GermanyKatja Alt
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Berlin, Germany
BMC Vet Res 7:69. 2011..Statistical analysis was carried out using backward stepwise logistic regression to calculate odds ratios with the MRSA test result as the outcome and herd characteristics as categorical covariates...
- Emerging antimicrobial resistance in commensal Escherichia coli with public health relevanceA Kaesbohrer
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Department for Biological Safety, National Reference Laboratory for Antimicrobial Resistance, Berlin, Germany
Zoonoses Public Health 59:158-65. 2012..The emergence of this resistance warrants increased monitoring. Together with continuous monitoring of antimicrobial usage, management strategies should be regularly assessed and adapted...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in three dairy herds in southwest GermanyM Spohr
Tierseuchenkasse Baden Württemberg, Eutergesundheitsdienst, Fellbach, Germany
Zoonoses Public Health 58:252-61. 2011..Herds B and C had no contact to herd A. However, in all three herds MRSA of spa-type t011 were detected in milk samples. Results show that MRSA of spa-type t011 is a problem in dairy farms that needs urgent attention...
- Prevalence, antimicrobial resistance, and molecular characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from bulk tank milk of dairy herdsK Kreausukon
Department Biological Safety, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, 12277 Berlin, Germany
J Dairy Sci 95:4382-8. 2012..aureus such as the Panton-Valentine leukocidin. However, they did carry hemolysin genes. Livestock-associated MRSA of CC398 does occur in German dairy herds and the strains have similar properties as described for strains from pigs...
- Occurrence of livestock-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Turkey and broiler barns and contamination of air and soil surfaces in their vicinityA Friese
Institute for Animal Hygiene and Environmental Health, Free University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:2759-66. 2013..4%) turkey and broiler farms. The same spa types of isolates were observed inside and outside the barns. Transmission of MRSA within poultry farms, as well as emission via the airborne route, seems to be possible...
- Factors associated with high milk test day somatic cell counts in large dairy herds in Brandenburg. II. Milking practicesG Koster
Freie Universitat Berlin, Fachbereich Veterinarmedizin, Tierklinik fur Fortpflanzung, AG Bestandsbetreuung und Qualitätsmanagement, Berlin, Germany
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 53:209-14. 2006....
- Validation of bovine oestrous-specific synthetic molecules with trained scent dogs; similarities between natural and synthetic oestrous smellC Fischer-Tenhagen
Clinic of Animal Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, FU Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 50:7-12. 2015..0% (50% vs 37.4%, p < 0.05). Dogs can recognize natural vaginal fluid from cows in oestrus after they have been trained with synthetic oestrous molecules, but accuracy needs to be improved. ..
- Oral administration of antimicrobials increase antimicrobial resistance in E. coli from chicken--a systematic reviewC Simoneit
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Department Biological Safety, Unit Epidemiology, Zoonoses and Antimicrobial Resistance, Diedersdorfer Weg 1, 12277 Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Prev Vet Med 118:1-7. 2015..The limited number of studies for each antimicrobial agent and the high variability in the resistance effect call for more well designed studies on the impact of oral administration on AMR development and spread. ..