Affiliation: Technical University
- Coming to terms with risk factors for eating disorders: application of risk terminology and suggestions for a general taxonomyCorinna Jacobi
Department of Psychology, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
Psychol Bull 130:19-65. 2004..Suggestions are made for the conceptualization of future risk factor studies...
- Effects of an Internet-based intervention for subthreshold eating disorders: a randomized controlled trialCorinna Jacobi
Technische Universitat Dresden, Institut für Klinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie Chemnitzer, Strasse 46, D 01187 Dresden, Germany
Behav Res Ther 50:93-9. 2012..Women reporting initial eating disorder (ED) symptoms are at highest risk for the development of an eating disorder. Preventive interventions should, therefore, be specifically tailored for this subgroup...
- Interactions between disturbed eating and weight in children and their mothersCorinna Jacobi
University of Dresden, Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Dresden, Germany
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:360-6. 2008..This study assessed the interaction between disturbed eating behavior and body mass index (BMI) in children aged 8 to 12 and maternal eating problems and BMI...
- Is picky eating an eating disorder?Corinna Jacobi
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Int J Eat Disord 41:626-34. 2008..To examine the prevalence of picky eating and the relationship between picky eating, previously supported correlates of picky eating, other child eating and behavioral problems and maternal eating problems in children aged 8-12 years...
- Maintenance of internet-based prevention: a randomized controlled trialCorinna Jacobi
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Int J Eat Disord 40:114-9. 2007..The aims of this study were to determine the short-term and maintenance effects of an internet-based prevention program for eating disorders...
- Preventing symptom progression in women at risk for AN: results of a pilot studyRicarda Ohlmer
Endowed Chair for Eating Disorders and Associated Disorders, Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Dresden, 01187 Dresden, Germany
Eur Eat Disord Rev 21:323-9. 2013..Therefore, our aim was to develop a prevention program specific for these risk groups and to assess its feasibility and effectiveness in a pilot study...
- [Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy for adolescents with eating disorders]Uwe Ruhl
TU Dresden, Institut für Klinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie Institutsambulanz und Tagesklinik, Dresden, Germany
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 54:286-302. 2005..The effectiveness in adolescence can thus be judged only when the results in adulthood are taken into account. At present, there is limited evidence for the effectiveness of CBT in adolescence...
- Diagnosing underweight in adolescent girls: should we rely on self-reported height and weight?Ricarda Ohlmer
Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Eat Behav 13:1-4. 2012..Therefore, especially in younger girls with low body weight, information on height and weight as well as weight changes should be obtained objectively to identify a developing or subthreshold anorexia nervosa...
- Effects of an Internet-based prevention programme for eating disorders in the USA and Germany--a meta-analytic reviewIna Beintner
Institut für Klinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:1-8. 2012..No clear differences between US and German samples could be found on any of the outcome measures at postintervention. In conclusion, StudentBodies™ seems equally suitable and effective for American and German students...
- Threat-related attentional bias in anorexia nervosaIlka Schober Dipl-Psych
Section of Eating Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, SE5 8AF, United Kingdom Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Dresden University of Technology, 46, 01187, Dresden, Germany Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Int J Eat Disord 47:168-73. 2014..The purpose of this study was to examine threat-related AB in patients with ANand healthy control participants (HC) and the relationship between AB and eating disorder and other psychopathology...
- Effectiveness of day hospital treatment for anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosaEike Fittig
Unit for Eating Disorders Research, Institute of Clinical Psychology, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Eur Eat Disord Rev 16:341-51. 2008..The results demonstrate both the short-term effectiveness and long-term stability of day hospital treatment in a large sample of patients with anorexia and BN...
- Prevalence, incidence, and natural course of anorexia and bulimia nervosa among adolescents and young adultsMichaela Nagl
Institute of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Dresden, Chemnitzer Straße 46, 01187, Dresden, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 25:903-18. 2016..Especially threshold EDs are associated with a substantial risk for stability. A considerable degree of symptom fluctuation is characteristic especially for subthreshold EDs. ..
- Are obese adolescents and young adults at higher risk for mental disorders? A community surveyChristina M Lamertz
Department of Medical Psychology, University Clinik Eppendorf, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Obes Res 10:1152-60. 2002....
- Screening for eating disorders and high-risk behavior: cautionCorinna Jacobi
Department of Psychology, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
Int J Eat Disord 36:280-95. 2004..The current study reviews the state of eating disorder screens...
- Specificity of self-concept disturbances in eating disordersCorinna Jacobi
Department of Psychology, Fachbereich I, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
Int J Eat Disord 35:204-10. 2004....
- Behavioral validation, precursors, and concomitants of picky eating in childhoodCorinna Jacobi
Department of Psychology, University of Trier, Germany
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:76-84. 2003..To validate the concept of parent-reported picky eating using objective, laboratory-based measures and to identify both child and parental precursors and concomitants of picky eating...