Hans Jurgen Stellbrink
- Antiviral drugs in the treatment of AIDS: what is in the pipeline ?Hans Jurgen Stellbrink
Infektionsmedizinisches Centrum Hamburg ICH, Grindelallee 35, 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 12:483-95. 2007....
- Etravirine (TMC-125): The evidence for its place in the treatment of HIV-1 infectionHans Jurgen Stellbrink
Infektionsmedizinisches Centrum Hamburg ICH, Hamburg, Germany
Core Evid 4:149-58. 2010..Efforts should be made to demonstrate activity in switching strategies (due to toxicity) and earlier lines of failure or in the setting of primary NNRTI resistance in order to explore the potential of the drug beyond salvage therapy...
- Highlights from the 2012 International Symposium on HIV & Emerging Infectious Diseases (ISHEID): from cART management to the search of an HIV cureAlain Lafeuillade
Department of Infectious Diseases, General Hospital, Toulon, France
AIDS Res Ther 9:23. 2012....
- The intracellular detection of MIP-1beta enhances the capacity to detect IFN-gamma mediated HIV-1-specific CD8 T-cell responses in a flow cytometric setting providing a sensitive alternative to the ELISPOTSarah Kutscher
Institute of Virology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
AIDS Res Ther 5:22. 2008..On the other hand, the introduction of polychromatic flow-cytometry-based assays such as the intracellular cytokine staining (ICS) strongly improved the capacity to detect several markers on a single cell level...
- Dolutegravir in antiretroviral-naive adults with HIV-1: 96-week results from a randomized dose-ranging studyHans Jurgen Stellbrink
ICH Study Center, Hamburg, Germany
AIDS 27:1771-8. 2013..To evaluate the efficacy and safety/tolerability of dolutegravir (DTG, S/GSK1349572), a potent inhibitor of HIV integrase, through the full 96 weeks of the SPRING-1 study...
- [Antiretroviral treatment of HIV-1 infection]H J Stellbrink
Infektionsmedizinisches Centrum Hamburg ICH, Grindelallee 35, 20146, Hamburg, Deutschland
Internist (Berl) 53:1157-68. 2012..In view of the perspective of treatment over decades, the complexity of therapeutic considerations increases and requires a high level of continuing medical education...
- Novel compounds for the treatment of HIV type-1 infectionHans Jurgen Stellbrink
Infektionsmedizinisches Centrum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Antivir Chem Chemother 19:189-200. 2009..For even more compounds in the preclinical development phase, an assessment of their possible clinical role is still premature. This review provides an overview and a summary of the current status of drug development in the field...
- HIV-induced immune activation: pathogenesis and clinical relevance - summary of a workshop organized by the German AIDS Society (DAIG e.v.) and the ICH Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany, November 22, 2008Hans Jurgen Stellbrink
Infektionsmedizinisches Centrum Hamburg ICH, 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Med Res 15:1-12. 2010..The workshop was held on November 22nd 2008 in Hamburg, Germany. It was organized by the ICH Hamburg under the auspices of the German AIDS Society (DAIG e.V.)...
- Antiviral activity, pharmacokinetics, and safety of the HIV-1 protease inhibitor TMC310911, coadministered with ritonavir, in treatment-naive HIV-1-infected patientsHans Jurgen Stellbrink
ICH Study Center, Hamburg, Germany EPIMED, Vivantes Auguste Viktoria Klinikum, Berlin, Germany Department of Infectious Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany Goethe University Hospital Medical Center Infectious Diseases Unit, Frankfurt, Germany Research and Early Development Department, Janssen Infectious Diseases BVBA, Beerse, Belgium Department of General Practice, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium and Department of Infectious Diseases, Janssen Research and Development, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 65:283-9. 2014..In this phase 2a, open-label randomized study, the antiviral activity, pharmacokinetics, and safety and tolerability of ritonavir-boosted TMC310911 was assessed...
- Effects of interleukin-2 plus highly active antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1 replication and proviral DNA (COSMIC trial)Hans Jurgen Stellbrink
Department of Medicine, Eppendorf University, Hamburg, Germany
AIDS 16:1479-87. 2002..The effect of interleukin-2 (IL-2) in combination with antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1 replication and reservoirs was investigated...
- Comparison of changes in bone density and turnover with abacavir-lamivudine versus tenofovir-emtricitabine in HIV-infected adults: 48-week results from the ASSERT studyHans Jurgen Stellbrink
Infektions Medizinisches Centrum Hamburg Study Center, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 51:963-72. 2010..Abacavir-lamivudine and tenofovir DF-emtricitabine fixed-dose combinations are commonly used as first-line antiretroviral therapies. However, few studies have comprehensively compared their relative safety profiles...