- Myelinopathia centralis diffusa (vanishing white matter disease) in a four-year-old boyJ K Sinzig
University Children s Hospital, Mannheim, Germany
J Neuroradiol 31:142-4. 2004..It was originally termed "myelinopathia centralis diffusa" and renamed "vanishing white matter disease" later...
- Do hyperactivity, impulsivity and inattention have an impact on the ability of facial affect recognition in children with autism and ADHD?Judith Sinzig
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Robert Koch Str 10, 50 931 Köln, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:63-72. 2008..ADHD symptoms need to be taken into account in future studies assessing emotion recognition in autistic children and adolescents...
- [Absences as differential diagnosis in children with attention-deficit disorder]J K Sinzig
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitat Koln
Klin Padiatr 217:230-3. 2005..Routine EEG-wavings are made, in order to exclude epilepsy as a reason for attention-deficits...
- [Intelligence deficits]J Sinzig
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters am Klinikum der Universität Köln
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:469-82; quiz 483-7. 2006
- [Autism and ADHD - are there common traits?]J K Sinzig
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters am Klinikum der Universität Köln, Koln, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 75:267-74. 2007..Although the disorders represent different nosological diagnoses they partly include similar symptoms like hyperactivity, impulsivity and attention deficit disorder...
- Long-acting methylphenidate has an effect on aggressive behavior in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJudith Sinzig
Department for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy of Children and Adolescents at the University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:421-32. 2007....
- What do we know about the serotonergic genetic heterogeneity in attention-deficit/hyperactivity and autistic disorders?J Sinzig
Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy in Childhood and Adolescence at the Clinical Center of the University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Psychopathology 40:329-37. 2007..Although they represent nosologically different diagnoses, the disorders do show some shared symptoms, above all inattention. For both disorders, the association with the serotonergic system is a focus of current research...
- Prospects for the classification of mental disorders of children and adolescentsM H Schmidt
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 23:481-5. 2008..The article discusses the general question of how relational disorders respectively disturbances should be classified and include furthermore special recommendations concerning ICD and DSM categories...
- Comparative efficacy of once-a-day extended-release methylphenidate, two-times-daily immediate-release methylphenidate, and placebo in a laboratory school settingManfred Dopfner
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, des Kindes und Jugendalters am Klinikum der Universität zu Köln, Robert Koch Str 10, 50931, Koln, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:I93-101. 2004..Given the dosing limitations of methylphenidate short-acting preparations in treating ADHD, galenics with longer release of the substance were developed mainly to avoid drug intake during school hours...
- [How many children and adolescents do receive a combined behavioral and psychopharmacological therapy?]Judith Sinzig
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitat zu Koln
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 57:85-97. 2008..Differences between non-treated and psychopharmacologically treated children and adolescents with ADHD or conduct disorders are presented...
- [Age-dependent differences in neuropsychological performance profiles in ADHD and autism]Judith Sinzig
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universität Kö1n
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 35:95-104; quiz 105-6. 2007....