- Kinetic therapy reduces complications and shortens hospital stay in patients with cardiogenic shock - a retrospective analysisGregor Simonis
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Heart Center, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstr 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 6:40-5. 2007..Kinetic therapy (KT) has been shown to reduce complications and to shorten hospital stay in trauma patients. Data in non-surgical patients are inconclusive, and kinetic therapy has not been tested in patients with cardiogenic shock...
- Regulation of the isozymes of protein kinase C in the surviving rat myocardium after myocardial infarction: distinct modulation for PKC-alpha and for PKC-deltaGregor Simonis
Dept of Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 97:223-31. 2002..The goal of this study was to clarify the regulation of the isozymes of protein kinase C (PKC) in the process of remodeling after myocardial infarction...
- Ischemic preconditioning promotes a transient, but not sustained translocation of protein kinase C and sensitization of adenylyl cyclaseGregor Simonis
Dept of Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstr 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 98:104-13. 2003..The goal of this study was, therefore, to determine the activation of those signaling molecules after 1 - 3 cycles of myocardial ischemia and reperfusion...
- A novel activation process of protein kinase C in the remote, non-ischemic area of an infarcted heart is mediated by angiotensin-AT1 receptorsGregor Simonis
Department of Cardiology, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstreet 76, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 35:1349-58. 2003..Furthermore, the mechanisms contributing to the translocation process induced by acute myocardial ischemia in both areas are not fully elucidated...
- Stimulation of adenosine A2b receptors blocks apoptosis in the non-infarcted myocardium even when administered after the onset of infarctionGregor Simonis
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Dresden Heart Center, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 328:119-26. 2009..We hypothesized that this effect is due to the inhibition of cardiac myocyte apoptosis in the myocardium remote from the infarction...
- Receptor-independent sensitization of the adenylyl cylase after chronic treatment with cyclosporine AG Simonis
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 378:253-60. 2008..These data suggest that CyA modulates the activity of the sympathoadrenergic system by a direct, receptor-independent sensitization of AC, suggesting that this pathway contributes to hypertension in patients treated with CyA...
- Chelerythrine treatment influences the balance of pro- and anti-apoptotic signaling pathways in the remote myocardium after infarctionGregor Simonis
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstr 76, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 310:119-28. 2008..The modulation of apoptosis by pro- and anti-apoptotic pathways in the myocardium remote from the infarction, including its link to protein kinase C (PKC), was focus of the present study...
- [Thrombembolism in a young woman with previously unrecognized hereditary hemophilia: obtaining a family history is still strongly recommended before starting oral contraceptives]G Simonis
Medizinische Klinik Kardiologie und Intensivmedizin, Technische Universitat Dresden, Herzzentrum Dresden Universitätsklinik, Dresden, Deutschland
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:2327-9. 2007..Her previous medical history was unremarkable except that oral contraceptives had been newly prescribed a month before admission. There was a family history of thrombosis or bleeding in several first-degree relatives...
- Dual mechanism of autoregulation of protein kinase C in myocardial ischemiaGregor Simonis
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstr 76, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 295:121-8. 2007..Moreover, autophosphorylation of the enzyme has been shown in vitro during its activation. This study aimed to show modes of late activation of PKC in myocardial ischemia in intact hearts...
- Protein kinase C in the human heart: differential regulation of the isoforms in aortic stenosis or dilated cardiomyopathyGregor Simonis
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstr 76, Dresden, 01307, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 305:103-11. 2007..Goal of this study was to characterize the isoforms of protein kinase C in human heart, their changes during ontogenesis, and their regulation in myocardial hypertrophy and heart failure...
- Meta-analysis of heart valve abnormalities in Parkinson's disease patients treated with dopamine agonistsGregor Simonis
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Heart Center, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Mov Disord 22:1936-42. 2007..The high rate of moderate valvular changes in patients treated with Ergot-DA suggests that close surveillance of the patients is required. Severe valvulopathy was less than 1% in the studies analyzed...
- Two distinct mechanisms mediate a differential regulation of protein kinase C isozymes in acute and prolonged myocardial ischemiaR H Strasser
Department of Cardiology, Angiology, and Pulmology, University of Heidelberg, Medical Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Circ Res 85:77-87. 1999..Whether these fundamentally different activation processes interact remains to be elucidated...
- Mechanisms of myocardial remodeling: ramiprilat blocks the expressional upregulation of protein kinase C-epsilon in the surviving myocardium early after infarctionGregor Simonis
Department of Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 41:780-7. 2003..This induction of PKC-epsilon can be prevented by ACEI. It is speculated that PKC-epsilon plays a role in the signal transduction of early remodeling after infarction...
- Valvular heart disease in Parkinson's disease patients treated with dopamine agonists: a reader-blinded monocenter echocardiography studySusann Junghanns
Department of Neurology, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Mov Disord 22:234-8. 2007..Our data suggest that ergot DAs are associated with higher prevalence of VHD compared to non-ergot DAs and controls. Standard echocardiography seems sufficient to detect VHD in PD patients treated with DAs...
- Apoptosis at a distance: remote activation of caspase-3 occurs early after myocardial infarctionKerstin Schwarz
Clinic for Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 281:45-54. 2006..Therefore the goals of this study were to (1) reliably determine if in the remote area of the infarcted heart apoptosis may be initiated using highly specific biochemical markers and (2) evaluate the time course of such an activation...
- Regulation of protein kinase C isozyme and calcineurin expression in isoproterenol induced cardiac hypertrophyMartin Braun
Department of Cardiology, Medical Clinic II, University of Technology Dresden, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 41:946-54. 2003..The increased expression of PKC-alpha, PKC-delta and PKC-epsilon in the cytosol was paralleled by a transcriptional upregulation of the absolute mRNA-levels of these PKC-isozymes as determined by quantitative RT-PCR...
- Regulation of protein kinase C isozymes in volume overload cardiac hypertrophyMartin U Braun
Department of Cardiology, Medical Clinic II, University of Technology Dresden, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 262:135-43. 2004..This study characterizes in the left and right ventricle a differential regulation of the dominant PKC-isozymes in volume-overload cardiac hypertrophy both at the protein and at the mRNA-level...
- The iron-regulatory peptide hepcidin is upregulated in the ischemic and in the remote myocardium after myocardial infarctionGregor Simonis
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Heart Center, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Peptides 31:1786-90. 2010..It is speculated that upregulation of hepcidin may reduce iron toxicity and thus infarct size expansion in an infarcted heart...
- Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects improves right ventricular volume, mass, function, pulmonary pressure, and functional class: a magnetic resonance imaging studyS P Schoen
Department of Cardiology, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Heart 92:821-6. 2006....
- Combined immunosuppressive therapy including a TNF-alpha blocker induces remission in a difficult to treat patient with Takayasu arteriitis and coronary involvementA Mahlmann
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Vasa 41:451-7. 2012..TNF-alpha blockers may be an additional treatment option in otherwise difficult to treat TA patients allowing to perform revascularization after a stable disease state has been achieved...
- Ischemic post-conditioning reduces infarct size of the in vivo rat heart: role of PI3-K, mTOR, GSK-3beta, and apoptosisClaudia Wagner
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Heart Center Dresden University Hospital, University of Technology Dresden, P O Box 95, Fetscherstr 76, Dresden 01307, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 339:135-47. 2010..The role of apoptosis and/or autophagy in post-conditioning has to be further elucidated to find therapeutic targets to protect the heart from the consequences of acute myocardial infarction...
- [19-year-old asthma patient with pronounced eosinophilia and acute coronary syndrome]A Tränkner
Medizinische Klinik Kardiologie, Herzzentrum Dresden Universitätsklinik, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 76, Dresden, Germany
Internist (Berl) 52:1479-83. 2011..High dose prednisolone induced a clear improvement in symptoms, with decrease of the inflammatory signs and the eosinophilia and a clear improvement of the left ventricular function...
- Coenzyme Q10 combined with mild hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a preliminary studyMaxwell Simon Damian
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Circulation 110:3011-6. 2004..Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) has shown a protective effect in neurodegenerative disorders. We investigated whether combining mild hypothermia with CoQ10 after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest provides additional benefit...