- Results of a multicentre survey evaluating clinical practice of port and Broviac management in paediatric oncologyA Simon
Paediatric Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Homburg, Germany
Klin Padiatr 225:145-51. 2013..More than 80% of all paediatric oncology patients have a long term central -catheter (CVAD; port or Broviac type). Many aspects considering the use of CVADs have not been studied...
- [Adaptation and development of German recommendations on the prevention and control of nosocomial infections due to multiresistant pathogens]A Simon
Klinik für Pädiatrische Onkologie und Hämatologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Kirrberger Strase, Gebäude 9, Homburg Saar, Germany
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 55:1427-31. 2012....
- Use of linezolid in neonatal and pediatric inpatient facilities--results of a retrospective multicenter surveyA Simon
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Saarland University Hospital, University of Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:1435-42. 2012..Although retrospective, this survey generates interesting data on the off-label use of linezolid and highlights several important clinical aspects in which the use of this rescue antibiotic in children might be improved...
- Use of palivizumab in Germany: data from 2002-2007A Simon
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Kirrberger Strasse, Homburg, Germany
Klin Padiatr 223:292-8. 2011..The German Palivizumab Registry refers to a post-marketing observational study of palivizumab administration during 5 consecutive respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) seasons (2002/2003 -2006/2007)...
- Bloodstream infections in paediatric cancer patients. Prospective comparative study in 2 university hospitalsT Krenn
Department of Paediatric Oncology and Haematology, University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Klin Padiatr 223:335-40. 2011..Preventive approaches (including those related to care of long term central venous catheters, CVADs) and the incidence of bloodstream infections (BSI) in 2 German university affiliated paediatric oncology units...
- Viral infections in paediatric patients receiving conventional cancer chemotherapyA Simon
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital Medical Centre, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Arch Dis Child 93:880-9. 2008....
- Legionellosis must be kept in mind in case of pneumonia with lung abscesses in children receiving therapeutic steroidsS Heine
Department of Paediatric Oncology and Haematology, Children s Hospital Medical Centre, University Hospital of Saarland, Kirrberger Strase, Homburg, Saarland, Germany
Infection 39:481-4. 2011..pneumophila pneumonia in childhood...