- Clinical trials with hypericum extracts in patients with depression--results, comparisons, conclusions for therapy with antidepressant drugsVolker Schulz
Phytomedicine 9:468-74. 2002..John's Wort are of comparable efficacy to synthetic antidepressants in their normally prescribed dosages...
- Safety of St. John's Wort extract compared to synthetic antidepressantsV Schulz
Phytomedicine 13:199-204. 2006..However, such cases are extremely rare and, with medical supervision, easily avoided. In conclusion, the safety of SWE must be considered more favourable than that of synthetic antidepressants...
- Ginkgo extract or cholinesterase inhibitors in patients with dementia: what clinical trials and guidelines fail to considerVolker Schulz
Phytomedicine 10:74-9. 2003..Given the limited therapeutic options for DAT, treatment with EGb still appears to be the method of choice compared to the ChE inhibitors...
- [Pharmacological stress echocardiography--a new non-invasive follow-up examination of intermittent ventilation]F Herth
Thoraxklinik der LVA Baden, Innere Medizin Abteilung Pneumologie, Heidelberg
Med Klin (Munich) 94:32-4. 1999..Pharmacological stress echocardiography of the right heart is a new method to examine pulmonary hemodynamics. Aim of this study was to answer the question whether non-invasive intermittent ventilation improves pulmonary hemodynamics...
- [Herbal drugs: luxury or basic therapy in federal insurance practice?]V Schulz
Wien Med Wochenschr 152:193-7. 2002..Hence, medically supervised therapy with herbal medicinal products for suitable indications could avoid billions in development and treatment costs for supposedly innovative drugs. These savings would then benefit broader basic therapy...
- The psychodynamic and pharmacodynamic effects of drugs: a differentiated evaluation of the efficacy of phytotherapyV Schulz
Phytomedicine 7:73-81. 2000..This raises questions regarding the clinical relevance and economic value of placebo-controlled studies. When assessing data on drug efficacy for the purpose of licensing applications, greater attention should be given to this reality...
- Incidence and clinical relevance of the interactions and side effects of Hypericum preparationsV Schulz
Phytomedicine 8:152-60. 2001..Without exception, all preparations of St. John's wort must only be available through pharmacies...
- [Incidence and clinical relevance of interactions and side-effects of hypericum preparations]V Schulz
Praxis (Bern 1994) 89:2131-40. 2000..Without exception, all preparations of St. John's wort must only be available through pharmacies...
- [Intermittent positive pressure ventilation in post tuberculosis syndrome]M R Schulz
Abteilung Innere Medizin Pneumologie, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg
Pneumologie 53:S116-9. 1999..Acute or chronic respiratory failure with this clinical entity should be treated in the form of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation...
- [New therapeutic studies and meta-analysis. St. John's wort extract vs. synthetics]Volker Schulz
Pharm Unserer Zeit 32:228-34; discussion 234-5. 2003
- [Do phytogenic drugs offer a savings potential? Pharmacoeconomics of plant antidepressives]Volker Schulz
Pharm Unserer Zeit 32:248-52. 2003
- Liquid herbal drug preparation from the root of Pelargonium sidoides is effective against acute bronchitis: results of a double-blind study with 124 patientsVolker Schulz
Phytomedicine 14:74-5. 2007
- Pharmacokinetic herb-drug interactions: are preventive screenings necessary and appropriate?Veronika Butterweck
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Planta Med 70:784-91. 2004..Efforts to identify all possible interactions will lead to limitless investigations and to inconsistent decisions...
- [Phytotherapy. Advise your patients]Volker Schulz
MMW Fortschr Med 144:17. 2002
- [Pelargonium sidoides-extract (EPs 7630): registration confirms efficacy and safety]Andreas Conrad
Institut fur Umweltmedizin und Krankenhaushygiene, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Wien Med Wochenschr 157:331-6. 2007..The following review focuses on the current pharmacological, toxicological and clinical data covering the efficacy and innocuousness of this drug when administered for the treatment of acute bronchitis...