Heinrich Schmidt Gayk
- Performance evaluation of automated assays for beta-CrossLaps, N-MID-Osteocalcin and intact parathyroid hormone (BIOROSE Multicenter Study)Heinrich Schmidt-Gayk
Department of Endocrinology and Oncology, Limbach Laboratory, Im Breitspiel 15, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:90-5. 2004..This has been shown in several external quality assessment schemes (EQAS)...
- New assays for intact parathyroid hormone and their clinical relevance for the diagnosis of hyperparathyroidismHeinz Jürgen Roth
Clin Lab 48:589-93. 2002
- Influence of PTH assay methodology on differential diagnosis of renal bone diseaseHelmut Reichel
Nephrological Center Villingen Schwenningen, Laboratory Group Limbach, Heidelberg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:759-68. 2003..Recently, a new PTH assay ('whole PTH') using an antibody directed specifically against PTH(1-4) has been introduced. It was the aim of the current study to evaluate whole PTH and parameters derived from whole PTH in renal bone disease...
- Markers of bone resorption--measurement in serum, plasma or urine?Florian Huber
University of Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Lab 49:203-7. 2003....
- Evaluation of serum beta-carboxy-terminal cross-linking telopeptide of type I collagen as marker of bone resorption in chronic hemodialysis patientsHelmut Reichel
Nephrological Center, Villingen Schwenningen, Germany
Nephron Clin Pract 98:c112-8. 2004..beta-CTX is known to undergo a diurnal rhythm in normal individuals and to accumulate in chronic renal failure. beta-CTX has a potential role in noninvasive diagnosis of renal bone disease...
- Serum TRACP 5b is a useful marker for monitoring alendronate treatment: comparison with other markers of bone turnoverArja Nenonen
Rheumatism Foundation Hospital, Heinola, and Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital of Tampere, Finland
J Bone Miner Res 20:1804-12. 2005..TRACP 5b had higher clinical sensitivity, area under the ROC curve, and signal-to-noise ratio than the other markers...
- Influence of the sample matrix on the stability of beta-CTX at room temperature for 24 and 48 hoursGiuseppe Lippi
Sezione di Chimica Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
Clin Lab 53:455-9. 2007..In conclusion, the results of our investigation demonstrate that EDTA plasma is the most suitable sample matrix for the storage of beta-CTX at room temperature after centrifugation...
- The effect of B-vitamins on biochemical bone turnover markers and bone mineral density in osteoporotic patients: a 1-year double blind placebo controlled trialMarkus Herrmann
ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney NSW, Australia
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1785-92. 2007..Hyperhomocysteinemia is a new risk factor for osteoporosis. This study analyzed the effect of a homocysteine (HCY)-lowering treatment in osteoporotic individuals...
- Use of cinacalcet HCl to achieve the recommended targets of bone metabolism in a patient with therapy-resistant renal hyperparathyroidismUdo Bahner
KfH Nierenzentrum Wuerzburg, Dialysis Unit, Wurzburg, Germany
J Ren Nutr 18:383-8. 2008....