Genomes and Genes
- Requirement of NF-kappaB/Rel for the development of hair follicles and other epidermal appendicesR Schmidt-Ullrich
Max Delbrück Center of Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Development 128:3843-53. 2001..Furthermore, NF-kappaB is required for peripheral lymph node formation and macrophage function...
- NF-kappaB transmits Eda A1/EdaR signalling to activate Shh and cyclin D1 expression, and controls post-initiation hair placode down growthRuth Schmidt-Ullrich
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Development 133:1045-57. 2006..The strongly decreased number of hair follicles observed in c(IkappaBalphaDeltaN) mice compared with tabby mice, indicates that additional signals, such as TROY, must regulate NF-kappaB activity in specific hair follicle subtypes...
- Molecular principles of hair follicle induction and morphogenesisRuth Schmidt-Ullrich
Department of Cell Growth and Differentiation, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin Buch, Germany
Bioessays 27:247-61. 2005..The focus is on recent insights into the molecular interactions leading to hair follicle induction, and we close with synthesizing a corresponding working hypothesis...
- Regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation: role of NF-kappaB revisitedFelix B Mehrhof
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Kardiologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Circ Res 96:958-64. 2005..They further provide genetic evidence for a cell-type restricted requirement of NF-kappaB in the control of cellular proliferation...
- A dual role for Ikk alpha in tooth developmentAtsushi Ohazama
Department of Craniofacial Development, GKT Dental Institute, King s College, Guy s Hospital, London Bridge, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Dev Cell 6:219-27. 2004..Changes in Notch1, Notch2, Wnt7b, and Shh expression found in incisor epithelium of Ikk alpha mutants suggest that this NF-kappa B-independent function is mediated by Notch/Wnt/Shh signaling pathways...
- Vascular endothelial cell-specific NF-kappaB suppression attenuates hypertension-induced renal damageNorbert Henke
Medical Faculty of the Charite, Franz Volhard Clinic, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Germany
Circ Res 101:268-76. 2007..We conclude that in vivo NF-kappaB suppression in endothelial cells stops a signaling cascade leading to reduced hypertension-induced renal damage despite high blood pressure...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling directs multiple stages of tooth morphogenesisFei Liu
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 313:210-24. 2008....
- Activation of beta-catenin signaling programs embryonic epidermis to hair follicle fateYuhang Zhang
Department of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 135:2161-72. 2008..Controlled downregulation of beta-catenin signaling is required for normal placode patterning within embryonic ectoderm, hair follicle downgrowth, and adoption of the full range of follicular fates...
- Requirement of nuclear factor-kappaB in angiotensin II- and isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy in vivoChristian Freund
Franz Volhard Clinic, Department of Cardiology, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Charité Campus Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
Circulation 111:2319-25. 2005..Currently, the net effect on cardiac remodeling in vivo under common stress stimuli is unclear...
- Proteasome-mediated degradation of IkappaBalpha and processing of p105 in Crohn disease and ulcerative colitisAlexander Visekruna
Max Planck Institute of Infection Biology, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Invest 116:3195-203. 2006..These findings suggest that distinct proteasome subunits influence the intensity of NF-kappaB-mediated inflammation in IBD patients...