- Bivalent inhibition of beta-tryptase: distance scan of neighboring subunits by dibasic inhibitorsNorbert Schaschke
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, D 82152, Martinsried, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:985-8. 2002..These experimental data are in full agreement with predictions derived from a novel modeling program that allows the docking of bivalent ligands...
- Miraziridine A: natures blueprint towards protease class-spanning inhibitorsNorbert Schaschke
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:855-7. 2004..Therefore, this unique compound represents a blueprint for the design of protease class-spanning inhibitors...
- Inhibition of human mu-calpain by conformationally constrained calpastatin peptidesJosé Pfizer
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Biol Chem 389:83-90. 2008....
- Affinity chromatography of tryptases: design, synthesis and characterization of a novel matrix-bound bivalent inhibitorNorbert Schaschke
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz 18a, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Chembiochem 6:95-103. 2005..This matrix selectively recognizes and binds beta-tryptase from crude protein mixtures and thus is useful as a geometry-driven means of isolating and purifying human mast cell tryptases...
- Epoxysuccinyl peptide-derived cathepsin B inhibitors: modulating membrane permeability by conjugation with the C-terminal heptapeptide segment of penetratinNorbert Schaschke
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
Biol Chem 383:849-52. 2002....
- Crystal structure of NS-134 in complex with bovine cathepsin B: a two-headed epoxysuccinyl inhibitor extends along the entire active-site cleftIgor Stern
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Josef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Biochem J 381:511-7. 2004....
- Surface cathepsin B protects cytotoxic lymphocytes from self-destruction after degranulationKithiganahalli N Balaji
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 196:493-503. 2002..These experiments support a model in which granule-derived surface cathepsin B provides self-protection for degranulating cytotoxic lymphocytes...
- Inhibition of cathepsin L by epoxysuccinyl peptides simultaneously addressing active-site and remote-site regionsNorbert Schaschke
Fakultat fur Chemie, Universitat Bielefeld, Universitatsstrasse 25, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
Chembiochem 9:1721-4. 2008
- Conformational and molecular modeling studies of beta-cyclodextrin-heptagastrin and the third extracellular loop of the cholecystokinin 2 receptorCraig Giragossian
Department of Chemistry, Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Biochemistry 43:2724-31. 2004....
- Calpastatin exon 1B-derived peptide, a selective inhibitor of calpain: enhancing cell permeability by conjugation with penetratinShirley Gil-Parrado
Abteilung für Klinische Chemie und Klinische Biochemie, Chirurgische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Nussbaumstr 20, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Biol Chem 384:395-402. 2003..g. calpain inhibitor 1) which inhibit the lysosomal cathepsins and partially the proteasome as well or even better than the calpains...
- HaCaT keratinocytes secrete lysosomal cysteine proteinases during migrationHeiko Büth
School of Engineering and Science, International University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 83:781-95. 2004..Thus, our results strongly suggest that cell surface-associated cathepsin B is a protease that contributes to the remodelling of the extracellular matrix and thereby promotes keratinocyte migration during wound healing...
- (2S,3S)-Oxirane-2,3-dicarboxylic acid: a privileged platform for probing human cysteine cathepsinsNorbert Schaschke
Fakultat fur Chemie, Universitat Bielefeld, Universitatsstrasse 25, D 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
J Biotechnol 129:308-15. 2007..Depending on the complexity of the attached recognition elements, either the activity of the entire group of human cysteine cathepsins or individual members can be detected...
- Cathepsin B is essential for regeneration of scratch-wounded normal human epidermal keratinocytesHeiko Büth
School of Engineering and Science, Jacobs University Bremen formerly International University Bremen, Campus Ring 6, Research II 107, D 28759 Bremen, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 86:747-61. 2007....