Genomes and Genes
Organization: Saarland University
- Prefabricated zirconium dioxide implant abutments for single-tooth replacement in the posterior region: evaluation of peri-implant tissues and superstructures after 12 months of functionFrank Nothdurft
Department of Prosthetic, Dentistry and Dental Materials Sciences, Saarland University, Saarbruecken, Germany
Clin Oral Implants Res 21:857-65. 2010..Investigation parameters included reactions of peri-implant tissue and the structural integrity of the all-ceramic superstructures on the implants. Results after 12 months in function are reported in this article...
- Identification of cytochrome P450 enzymes involved in the metabolism of the new designer drug 4'-methyl-alpha-pyrrolidinobutyrophenoneFrank T Peters
Department of Experimental and Clinical Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Saarland University, Building 46, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 36:163-8. 2008..From these data, it can be concluded that polymorphically expressed CYP2D6 is mainly responsible for MPBP hydroxylation...
- Association of cardiovascular risk factors with microalbuminuria in hypertensive individuals: the i-SEARCH global studyMichael Bohm
Cardiology, Angiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of the Saarland, Homburg, Saar, Germany
J Hypertens 25:2317-24. 2007..A secondary objective was to establish a correlation between MAU and known cardiovascular risk factors...
- Biomarkers of folate and vitamin B(12) status in cerebrospinal fluidWolfgang Herrmann
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospital of Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1614-20. 2007..This review discusses the relationship between brain and blood levels of key vitamins and metabolites related to one carbon metabolism...
- Long-term results of radiotherapy for periarthritis of the shoulder: a retrospective evaluationMarcus Niewald
Dept, of Radiooncology, Saarland University Hospital, Kirrberger Str 1, D 66421, Homburg, Germany
Radiat Oncol 2:34. 2007..To evaluate retrospectively the results of radiotherapy for periarthritis of the shoulder..
- [Multiple sclerosis and Epstein-Barr virus : new developments and perspectives]K Ruprecht
Institut fur Virologie, Haus 47, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421, Homburg Saar, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 79:399-407. 2008....
- Ultrasonography in dermatologyDorothee Dill-Müller
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergy, University Clinic of the Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 5:689-707. 2007..The wide variety of diagnostic information provided by sonography underlines its essential position in certified skin cancer centers...
- Characterization of the C-terminal ER membrane anchor of PTP1BInes Anderie
Department of Physiology, University of the Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Exp Cell Res 313:3189-97. 2007..TMD and tail length are variable and there are no sequence-specific features. Our data for PTP1B are consistent with a concept that explains the ER membrane anchor of tail-anchored proteins as a physicochemical structure...
- Outbreak report of airborne caterpillar dermatitis in a kindergartenSven Gottschling
University Children s Hospital, Saarland University, Homburg, Germany
Dermatology 215:5-9. 2007....
- Short telomeres in aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma as a risk factor in lymphomagenesisThomas A Widmann
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin I, Universitätsklinikum Homburg, Homburg, Germany
Exp Hematol 35:939-46. 2007..It has not been systematically studied whether patients with malignancy have shortened telomeres in their normal, nontransformed cells, which might point to a preexisting disposition for chromosomal instability...
- In vivo visualization of actin dynamics and actin interactions by BiFCInes Anderie
Department of Physiology, University of the Saarland, Homburg, Saar, Germany
Cell Biol Int 31:1131-5. 2007..Our experiments demonstrate that the BiFC method might be a useful tool to investigate participation of the actin cytoskeleton in regulation of cell function...
- [Mixed connective tissue disease and HELLP syndrome in pregnancy]I Behluli
Klinik für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe der Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:878-80. 2007..A 35-year-old woman (gravida 4, para 3) was known to have mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD-Sharp's syndrome) for five years, treated with immunosuppressives. She was in the 20 + 4 week of an unwanted pregnancy...
- Current role of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in clinical and forensic toxicologyHans H Maurer
Department of Experimental and Clinical Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:1315-25. 2007..However, some drawbacks still need to be addressed and finally overcome...
- Sleep disordered breathing in medically stable patients with myasthenia gravisJ Prudlo
Neurologische Klinik, Universitat des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur J Neurol 14:321-6. 2007..The extent of respiratory muscle weakness failed to correlate with SDB. Furthermore, our study does not confirm the high occurrence of central respiratory events during sleep in patients with well-controlled MG...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 promotes cell migration and tumor growth of colorectal metastasisOtto Kollmar
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular, and Pediatric Surgery, University of Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Neoplasia 9:862-70. 2007..In a mouse model of established extrahepatic colorectal metastasis, we analyzed whether stromal cell-derived factor (SDF) 1 stimulates tumor cell migration in vitro and angiogenesis and tumor growth in vivo...
- [Coincident manifestation of mesotheliomas of the tunica vaginalis and pleura. Case report and literature overview]M Muller
Institut und Poliklinik für Arbeitsmedizin der Universität des Saarlandes, Universitätsklinikum Homburg, 66421, Homburg Saar
Urologe A 47:200-4. 2008..The development of these tumors was probably multicentric; the patient had been exposed to asbestos over a period of 22 years. We discuss the individual findings and the current literature...
- Perception of biological motion in autism spectrum disordersChristine M Freitag
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Neuropsychologia 46:1480-94. 2008....
- [Percutaneous mechanical atherectomy for treatment of peripheral arterial occlusive disease]A Buecker
Klinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Kirrbergerstr 1, 66421 Homburg, Deutschland
Radiologe 50:29-37. 2010..There are two basic forms of mechanical atherectomy: directional and rotational systems...
- Methylation status and neurodegenerative markers in Parkinson diseaseRima Obeid
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Clin Chem 55:1852-60. 2009..Methylation status might link Hcy metabolism to neurodegenerative proteins in patients with PD...
- [Delayed loss of vision after hammer and chisel injury]A G Schnaidt
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Kirrberger Strasse, 66421 Homburg Saar, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 106:1017-21. 2009..Conventional X-ray images may not always be efficient enough to detect a foreign body. If an intraocular foreign body is suspected a thin-slice computed tomography examination of the orbit should be performed...
- Assessment of left ventricular dyssynchrony and function using real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography in patients with congenital right heart diseaseTanja M Raedle-Hurst
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Am Heart J 157:791-8. 2009..The aim of the study was to assess LVD according to a novel global systolic dyssynchrony index (SDI) derived from real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography in patients after repaired CRHD...
- [Is resynchronization therapy necessary when optimizing right ventricular stimulation?]G Frohlig
Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Kirrberger Strasse, 66424, Homburg, Germany
Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol 19:25-37. 2008....
- [Traumatic lesions of the orbit]W Reith
Klinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Neuroradiologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Kirrberger Strasse, 66421 Homburg Saar
Radiologe 48:1150-4. 2008..Imaging techniques play an extremely important role in the treatment of various diagnostic question marks, such as direct sequelae of trauma, localization of fractures and soft tissue damage...
- [Implant-borne prosthesis for an edentulous maxilla with a large maxillectomy defect--a step-wise therapy concept]Frank P Nothdurft
Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Klinik für Zahnärztliche Prothetik und Werkstoffkunde, Homburg Saar
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 118:827-42. 2008..The definitive restoration was retained by a bar splinting four implants in the residual alveolar ridge and a special retentive anchoring abutment on two implants in the os zygomaticum...
- Dendritic cell-based cancer vaccination: quo vadis?M Dauer
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology Medizinische Klinik II, Saarland University Hospital, Kirrberger Str, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Expert Rev Vaccines 7:1041-53. 2008..Furthermore, we highlight novel developments in cell-free vaccines targeting DCs in vivo...
- Development of a stable closed femoral fracture model in miceJoerg H Holstein
Department of Trauma, Hand, and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Surg Res 153:71-5. 2009..Herein, we studied whether longitudinal fracture compression by an intramedullary screw represents a standardized, stable osteosynthesis technique in mice, and whether it may accelerate fracture healing...
- Long-term survival in bilateral renal cell carcinoma: a retrospective single-institutional analysis of 101 patients after surgical treatmentFrank Becker
Department of Urology, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Urology 72:349-53. 2008..Bilateral renal cell carcinomas (bRCC) account for <4% of all renal tumors. We report on the management, histopathologic results, and long-term follow-up of 101 patients with bRCC...
- MDM2 gene SNP309 T/G and p53 gene SNP72 G/C do not influence diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma onset or survival in central European CaucasiansJoerg Bittenbring
Internal Medicine I and José Carreras Research Center, University of Saarland Medical School, Homburg Saar, Germany
BMC Cancer 8:116. 2008..Here we asked whether SNP309 and SNP72 are associated with DLBCL in women and are correlated with age of onset, diagnosis, or patient's survival...
- Cholinergic inhibition by botulinum toxin in a rat model of congenital glaucoma raises intraocular pressureZ Gatzioufas
Department of Experimental Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University Eye Hospital Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 92:826-31. 2008..Muscarinic agonists in the trabecular meshwork tissue increase aqueous humour outflow facility by a direct stimulation of ciliary muscle contraction. We investigated the contribution of cholinergic state to IOP regulation...
- Influence of endodontic posts on the fracture behavior of crowned premolars with Class II cavitiesF P Nothdurft
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry and Dental Materials Sciences, Dental School and Clinics, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Dent 36:287-93. 2008..The aim of the study was to evaluate the influence of different posts and types of cementation on the fracture load and fracture mode of crowned, endodontically treated premolars with class II cavities in an ex vivo setting...
- Portal branch ligation induces a hepatic arterial buffer response, microvascular remodeling, normoxygenation, and cell proliferation in portal blood-deprived liver tissueOtto Kollmar
Dept of General, Visceral, Vascular, and Pediatric Surgery, Univ of Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1534-42. 2007..This may explain the accelerated tumor progression occasionally observed in patients after PBL...
- Evaluation of procalcitonin for predicting septic multiorgan failure and overall prognosis in secondary peritonitis: a prospective, international multicenter studyBettina M Rau
Department of General, Visceral, and Vascular Surgery, University of the Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
Arch Surg 142:134-42. 2007..We hypothesized that the laboratory marker procalcitonin would provide an early and reliable assessment of septic complications...
- Caudal regression sequence: vascular origin?J Hentschel
Department of General Paediatrics and Neonatology, Saarland University Children s Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Perinatol 26:445-7. 2006..MR-angiography exhibited an anomaly of the unpaired vessels originating from the aorta, a likely relict of a persisting vitelline artery. These findings indicate a potential vascular genesis of CRS, much as in sirenomelia...
- [Expression of antimicrobial peptide MUC7 in kidneys with pyelonephritis]J Lehmann
Klinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421, Homburg Saar, Germany
Urologe A 45:1300, 1302-7. 2006..We sought to explore changes of MUC7 expression in the kidney stimulated by bacterial infection of the upper urinary tract...
- Automated nuclear segmentation in the determination of the Ki-67 labeling index in meningiomasY J Kim
Institute of Neuropathology, University of the Saarland, School of Medicine, Homburg Saar, Germany
Clin Neuropathol 25:67-73. 2006..Therefore, an automated computer-based method was developed, which is able to identify and analyze immunolabeled and hematoxylin-stained nuclei in digital images of routine immunohistochemical slides...
- Antitumor activity of the antimicrobial peptide magainin II against bladder cancer cell linesJan Lehmann
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur Urol 50:141-7. 2006..In this study, we evaluated the cytotoxic and antiproliferative potency of magainin II in bladder tumor cells and normal fibroblasts...
- Kaposi's sarcoma--radiotherapeutic aspectsM Niewald
Clinic for Radiotherapy and Radiooncology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Front Radiat Ther Oncol 39:50-8. 2006
- Elective nephron sparing surgery should become standard treatment for small unilateral renal cell carcinoma: Long-term survival data of 216 patientsF Becker
Department of Urology and Paediatric Urology, University of Saarland, Germany
Eur Urol 49:308-13. 2006..Clinicopathological features and long-term oncological outcome is compared to patients treated with radical nephrectomy (RN)...
- Complete long-term survival data from a trial of adjuvant chemotherapy vs control after radical cystectomy for locally advanced bladder cancerJan Lehmann
Departments of Urology and Paediatric Urology, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
BJU Int 97:42-7. 2006....
- B lymphocyte maturation in Wegener's granulomatosis: a comparative analysis of VH genes from endonasal lesionsJ Voswinkel
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 65:859-64. 2006..Evidence for a pivotal role of PR3-ANCA in the induction of vasculitis has been demonstrated. B cell clusters have been observed within endonasal biopsy specimens...
- [Fractures of the accetabulum--treatment strategies and actual diagnostics]U Culemann
Klinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Zentralbl Chir 130:W58-71; quiz W72-3. 2005
- [Urinary tract infections: consensus?]U Sester
Klinik für Innere Medizin IV, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2025-30. 2005
- [Strategies for surgical treatment of multiple trauma including pelvic fracture. Review of the literature]M Burkhardt
Klinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Unfallchirurg 108:812, 814-20. 2005..The following study represents a review of the current recommendations in the literature concerning the optimal time and fracture management of multiply injured patients with pelvic fracture...
- Studies on the metabolism and toxicological detection of the new designer drug 4'-methyl-alpha-pyrrolidinobutyrophenone (MPBP) in rat urine using gas chromatography-mass spectrometryFrank T Peters
Department of Experimental and Clinical Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 824:81-91. 2005..Assuming similar metabolism and dosages in humans, an intake of MPBP should be detectable via its metabolites in urine...
- [Awareness of memory deficits in patients with probable Alzheimer's disease]P Retz-Junginger
Institut für Gerichtliche Psychologie und Psychiatrie der Universität des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 73:327-32. 2005..They also suggest that awareness of deficits should be based on a complex, multi-dimensional concept...
- Impact of biomarkers on disease survival and progression in patients treated with octreotide for advanced hepatocellular carcinomaG Treiber
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 132:699-708. 2006..We aimed to determine the impact of biomarkers as predictive factors for HCC progression and survival during octreotide-based treatments...
- [Further development of urology in the tension field of surgical and molecular medicine]B Wullich
Klinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Kirrbergerstrasse, 66421 Homburg Saar
Urologe A 45:20-2. 2006..There is an urgent need for the creation of appropriate outline conditions and innovative structures that will allow efficient surgical care and also an efficient way of working scientifically...
- Corneal curvature after penetrating keratoplasty before and after suture removal: a comparison between keratoconus and Fuchs' dystrophyBerthold Seitz
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Ophthalmologica 220:302-6. 2006..To assess the differences concerning corneal curvature and visual acuity after penetrating keratoplasty (PKP) comparing keratoconus (KC) and Fuchs' dystrophy (FUCHS)...
- [Remifentanil-propofol versus fentanyl-midazolam combinations for intracranial surgery: influence of anaesthesia technique and intensive sedation on ventilation times and duration of stay in the ICU]C Bauer
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie, Intensivmedizin und Schmerztherapie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, 66421, Homburg Saar, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 56:128-32. 2007..In this retrospective study two different strategies of anaesthesia technique and ICU sedation (fentanyl-midazolam versus remifentanil-propofol) were compared...
- Biological functions of TRPs unravelled by spontaneous mutations and transgenic animalsM Freichel
Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Gebäude 46, Medizinische Fakultat, Universitat des Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg, Germany
Biochem Soc Trans 35:120-3. 2007....
- Evaluation of a novel time-efficient protocol for gadobenate dimeglumine (Gd-BOPTA)-enhanced liver magnetic resonance imagingGunther Schneider
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Invest Radiol 42:105-15. 2007..We sought to evaluate gadobenate dimeglumine for the detection and characterization of focal liver lesions in the unenhanced and already pre-enhanced liver...
- [Induction of urothelial carcinoma due to chronic arsenic ingestion? A occupational medicine-toxicological excursion]M Muller
Institut und Poliklinik für Arbeitsmedizin der Universität des Saarlandes und Präventivmedizinisches Zentrum für arbeits u umweltbedingte Erkrankungen, Universitatsklinikum, 66421 Homburg Saar
Urologe A 46:511-2, 514-5. 2007..Here, we consider potential exposure, and discuss the epidemiology and toxicology of arsenic. In addition, we conceptualize a possible strategy for clinical procedures...
- Moderately elevated plant sterol levels are associated with reduced cardiovascular risk--the LASA studyKlaus Fassbender
Department of Neurology, University Clinic of the Saarland, Kirrberger Str, D 68421 Homburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 196:283-8. 2008..These data suggest that plant sterols could have neutral or even protective effects on development of coronary heart disease, which have to be confirmed in interventional trials...
- Treatment of coronary in-stent restenosis with a paclitaxel-coated balloon catheterBruno Scheller
Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
N Engl J Med 355:2113-24. 2006..Treatment of coronary in-stent restenosis is hampered by a high incidence of recurrent in-stent restenosis. We assessed the efficacy and safety of a paclitaxel-coated balloon in this setting...
- Protein transport into the endoplasmic reticulum: mechanisms and pathologiesRichard Zimmermann
Medizinische Biochemie and Molekularbiologie and Klinik für Urologie and Kinderurologie, Universitat des Saarlandes, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
Trends Mol Med 12:567-73. 2006..Therefore, we suggest that these diseases should be considered to be pathologies of protein transport into the ER rather than protein-folding diseases...
- Practical integration of [18F]-FDG-PET and PET-CT in the planning of radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): the technical basis, ICRU-target volumes, problems, perspectivesUrsula Nestle
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Saarland University Medical Centre, Hamburg Saar, Germany
Radiother Oncol 81:209-25. 2006..Finally, we give an idea of the possible future use of tracers other than [18F]-FDG in lung cancer...
- Target volume definition for 18F-FDG PET-positive lymph nodes in radiotherapy of patients with non-small cell lung cancerUrsula Nestle
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Saarland University Medical Centre, 66421, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:453-62. 2007..J Nucl Med 2005;46:1342-8). This paper focusses on FDG-positive mediastinal lymph nodes (LN(PET))...
- Sustained activity of calcium release-activated calcium channels requires translocation of mitochondria to the plasma membraneAriel Quintana
Department of Physiology, Institute for Molecular Cell Biology, Saarland University, 66421 Homburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:40302-9. 2006..Our results show how a directed movement of mitochondria is used to control important cellular functions such as Ca(2+)-dependent T-cell activation...
- The genetics of autistic disorders and its clinical relevance: a review of the literatureC M Freitag
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Mol Psychiatry 12:2-22. 2007..Cytogenetic and molecular genetic studies will be presented in detail, and the possibly involved aetiopathological pathways will be described. Implications of the different genetic findings for genetic counselling will be mentioned...
- Oddball and incongruity effects during Stroop task performance: a comparative fMRI study on selective attentionTobias Melcher
Cognitive Neuroscience Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Saarland University Hospital, POB, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Brain Res 1121:136-49. 2006..Here, the data emphasized a prominent role of posterior lateral PFC in implementing top-down attentional control...
- Low-dose radiotherapy for Stage I seminoma--long-term resultsMarcus Niewald
Department of Radiooncology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1112-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to review retrospectively the results of low-dose radiotherapy for Stage I seminoma using four different fractionation schedules and target volume definitions...
- Adjuvant cisplatin plus methotrexate versus methotrexate, vinblastine, epirubicin, and cisplatin in locally advanced bladder cancer: results of a randomized, multicenter, phase III trial (AUO-AB 05/95)Jan Lehmann
Division of Biostatistics, Central Institute of Mental Health Manheim University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:4963-74. 2005..We compared two adjuvant combination chemotherapies in patients with stage pT3a-4a and/or pathologic node-positive transitional-cell carcinoma of the bladder after radical cystectomy...