Affiliation: Ruhr-University Bochum
- Elevated plasma levels of transforming growth factor-beta 1 in NIDDMA Pfeiffer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Diabetes Care 19:1113-7. 1996..Our aim was to determine whether circulating levels of TGF-beta 1 are altered in NIDDM and, if so, whether they are correlated with blood glucose and show an association with diabetic complications...
- Circulating tumor necrosis factor alpha is elevated in male but not in female patients with type II diabetes mellitusA Pfeiffer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 29:111-4. 1997..We conclude that plasma levels of TNF alpha are sex-dependent and that increased TNF alpha occurs in male but not female NIDDM and may participate in the development of diabetic complications...
- Growth factor alterations in advanced diabetic retinopathy: a possible role of blood retina barrier breakdownA Pfeiffer
Department of Internal Medicine, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Diabetes 46:S26-30. 1997..These changes seem to occur late in the sequence of events leading to PDR and are not specific for diabetes, but they were also observed in other diseases characterized by retinal hypoxia...
- Spot glucose measurement in epidermal interstitial fluid--an alternative to capillary blood glucose estimation?M Pfohl
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, BG Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Universitatsklinik, Bochum, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 108:1-4. 2000..The present status of epidermal interstitial fluid glucose determination, the first clinical results, and some open questions regarding this new technology are reviewed here...
- Purification and characterization of a Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II from hog gastric mucosa using a protein-protein affinity chromatographic techniqueM Fährmann
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik Bergmannsheil, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Eur J Biochem 255:516-25. 1998..0 microM and for autocamtide-II of 0.62 microM. CaMkinase II is considered as a strong candidate for regulating vesicle released quanta such as acid, neurotransmitters or insulin...
- Anti-proliferative activity of protein kinase C in apical compartments of human colonic crypts: evidence for a less activated protein kinase C in small adenomasR Assert
Department of Internal Medicine, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil, University of Bochum, Germany
Int J Cancer 80:47-53. 1999..Changes in the regulation patterns of PKC isoforms suggest a decreased activation state of PKC even in small adenomas. This is compatible with an anti-proliferative function of PKC serving to protect mucosa from expanding mutated cells...