Genomes and Genes
- GDNF promotes neuronal differentiation and dopaminergic development of mouse mesencephalic neurospheresEleni Roussa
Medical Faculty, Center of the Molecular Physiology of the Brain CMPB, University Göttingen, Kreuzbergring 36, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 361:52-5. 2004..We conclude that GDNF promotes differentiation of mouse mesencephalic stem cells towards neuronal lineage and most notably dopaminergic development...
- Transforming growth factor beta cooperates with persephin for dopaminergic phenotype inductionEleni Roussa
aDepartment for Neuroanatomy, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Stem Cells 26:1683-94. 2008....
- Differential expression of electrogenic NBC1 (SLC4A4) variants in rat kidney and pancreasEleni Roussa
Department of Neuroanatomy, Center for Anatomy, Georg August University Gottingen, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 314:382-9. 2004..The data indicate that the two NH(2)-terminal NBC1 variants are co-expressed in kidney and pancreas, where they may contribute to HCO(3)(-) transport and pH regulation...
- TGF-beta promotes survival on mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons in cooperation with Shh and FGF-8Eleni Roussa
Department for Neuroanatomy, Center of Anatomy, Georg August University Gottingen, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 16:300-10. 2004..The results suggest that TGF-beta is required for survival of mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons acting in cooperation with Shh and FGF8...
- Induction and specification of midbrain dopaminergic cells: focus on SHH, FGF8, and TGF-betaEleni Roussa
Department for Neuroanatomy, Center of Anatomy, Georg August University Gottingen, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 318:23-33. 2004..Additional molecules have been identified as being required for the generation of mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons, particularly members of the transforming growth factor beta superfamily...
- Transforming growth factor beta is required for differentiation of mouse mesencephalic progenitors into dopaminergic neurons in vitro and in vivo: ectopic induction in dorsal mesencephalonEleni Roussa
Department for Neuroanatomy, Georg August University, DFG Research Center of Molecular Physiology of the Brain, University of Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 36, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Stem Cells 24:2120-9. 2006..Together, the results clearly demonstrate that TGF-beta2 and TGF-beta3 are essential signals for differentiation of midbrain progenitors toward neuronal fate and dopaminergic phenotype...
- Differential regulation of vacuolar H+ -ATPase and Na+/H+ exchanger 3 in rat cholangiocytes after bile duct ligationEleni Roussa
Department of Neuroanatomy, Center for Anatomy, University of Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 36, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 125:419-28. 2006..Apical localization of V-ATPase in cholangiocytes may indicate its involvement in pH regulation and/or HCO (3)(-) salvage to compensate for NHE3 down-regulation in BDL...
- Sim1 is a novel regulator in the differentiation of mouse dorsal raphe serotonergic neuronsNadja Osterberg
Department for Neuroanatomy, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19239. 2011....
- Adaptive redistribution of NBCe1-A and NBCe1-B in rat kidney proximal tubule and striated ducts of salivary glands during acid-base disturbancesAlena Brandes
Center for Anatomy, Dept of Neuroanatomy, Univ of Goettingen, Kreuzbergring 36, D 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R2400-11. 2007....
- Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoforms are differentially regulated in rat submandibular gland during acid/base disturbances in vivoOliver Oehlke
Center for Anatomy, Department of Neuroanatomy, Georg August University, Kreuzbergring 36, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 323:253-62. 2006..The data also indicate the distinct regulation and adaptive changes of different isoforms of the same transporter in rat submandibular gland as a response to acid/base disturbances...
- Relationship between a HCO3- -permeable conductance and a CLCA protein from rat pancreatic zymogen granulesFrank Thevenod
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical Faculty, University of Witten Herdecke, Stockumer Strasse 12, Thyssenhaus, D 58448 Witten, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 300:546-54. 2003..These findings suggest that a CLCA-related protein could account for the Ca(2+)-activated HCO(3)(-) conductance of rat pancreatic ZGM and contribute to hormone-stimulated enzyme secretion...
- Immunolocalization of potassium-chloride cotransporter polypeptides in rat exocrine glandsEleni Roussa
Department of Neuroanatomy, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 117:335-44. 2002..These results establish the presence in rat exocrine glands of KCC1 and likely other KCC polypeptides, and suggest a contribution of KCC polypeptides to transepithelial Cl(-) transport...
- Characterization of primary neurospheres generated from mouse ventral rostral hindbrainNadja Osterberg
Department for Neuroanatomy, Georg August University Goettingen, Kreuzbergring 36, 37075, Goettingen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 336:11-20. 2009..This culture system is therefore a useful model for in vitro studies dealing with the development of 5-HT neurons...
- Transforming growth factor-beta(s) are essential for the development of midbrain dopaminergic neurons in vitro and in vivoLilla M Farkas
Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:5178-86. 2003..Together, our results identify TGF-beta as an essential mediator for the induction and maintenance of midbrain dopaminergic neurons...
- Evidence for KCNQ1 K+ channel expression in rat zymogen granule membranes and involvement in cholecystokinin-induced pancreatic acinar secretionWing Kee Lee
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Witten Herdecke, Witten, Germany
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C879-92. 2008..Thus KCNQ1 may account for ZG K(+) conductance and contribute to pancreatic hormone-stimulated enzyme and fluid secretion...