Affiliation: Robert Koch-Institut
- Development of one-step quantitative reverse transcription PCR for the rapid detection of flavivirusesPranav Patel
Robert Koch Institute, Center for Biological Security 1 ZBS1, Nordufer 20, Berlin, 13353, Germany
Virol J 10:58. 2013..Therefore, a rapid and accurate molecular method is required for diagnostics and epidemiological surveillance of flaviviruses...
- rapidSTRIPE H1N1 test for detection of the pandemic swine origin influenza A (H1N1) virusPranav Patel
Robert Koch Institute, Center for Biological Safety 1 ZBS1, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 49:1591-3. 2011..This test is simple and cost-effective and allows specific detection of the S-OIV A (H1N1) virus from swab sampling to final detection on a lateral-flow stripe within 2 to 3 h...
- International external quality assessment of molecular detection of Rift Valley fever virusCamille Escadafal
Robert Koch Institute, Centre for Biosafety, Berlin, Germany
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2244. 2013..Other protocols showed uneven performances revealing the need for improved optimization and standardization of these protocols...
- Rapid molecular assays for the detection of yellow fever virus in low-resource settingsCamille Escadafal
Centre for Biological Threats and Special Pathogens 1, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 8:e2730. 2014....
- Detection and differentiation of tick-borne encephalitis virus subtypes by a reverse transcription quantitative real-time PCR and pyrosequencingKatharina Achazi
Robert Koch Institute, Center for Biological Security 1, Berlin, Germany
J Virol Methods 171:34-9. 2011..In summary, the method is sensitive, highly specific and easy-to-handle tool for the detection and differentiation of TBE virus in the early phase of illness or in TBE host animal species and ticks...
- RNA interference inhibits replication of tick-borne encephalitis virus in vitroKatharina Achazi
Centre for Biological Security 1 ZBS 1, Robert Koch Institute, Nordufer 20, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Antiviral Res 93:94-100. 2012..05μg/ml. As RNAi-based therapeutics for other diseases are already being evaluated in phases II and III clinical trials, it is possible that RNAi could become valuable tool for controlling TBE virus infection...
- External quality assessment studies for laboratory performance of molecular and serological diagnosis of Chikungunya virus infectionSonja Jacobsen
Centre for Biological Threats and Special Pathogens, Highly Pathogenic Viruses, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Virol 76:55-65. 2016..Since the re-emergence of Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) in Reunion in 2005 and the recent outbreak in the Caribbean islands with an expansion to the Americas the CHIK diagnostic became very important...
- Advanced yellow fever virus genome detection in point-of-care facilities and reference laboratoriesCristina Domingo
Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 50:4054-60. 2012....
- International external quality assessment study for molecular detection of Lassa virusSergejs Nikisins
Highly Pathogenic Viruses ZBS 1, Centre for Biological Threats and Special Pathogens, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany European Public Health Microbiology Training Programme EUPHEM, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control ECDC, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 9:e0003793. 2015..This EQA study indicates that most participating laboratories have a good or acceptable performance in molecular detection of LASV. However, several laboratories need to review and improve their diagnostic procedures. ..