Affiliation: Robert Koch-Institut
- CMV-promoter driven codon-optimized expression alters the assembly type and morphology of a reconstituted HERV-K(HML-2)Oliver Hohn
HIV and Other Retroviruses, Robert Koch Institute, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Viruses 6:4332-45. 2014..Overexpression permitted the release and maturation of virions but reduced the envelope content. A weaker boost of virus expression by Staufen-1 was not sufficient to induce these morphological alterations...
- Absence of evidence of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus infection in persons with chronic fatigue syndrome and healthy controls in the United StatesWilliam M Switzer
Laboratory Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Retrovirology 7:57. 2010..Blinded PCR and serologic testing were performed at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and at two additional laboratories...
- Lack of evidence for xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus(XMRV) in German prostate cancer patientsOliver Hohn
Robert Koch Institute, Centre for Biological Safety 4, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Retrovirology 6:92. 2009..Here, we attempt to measure the prevalence of XMRV in prostate cancer cases in Germany and determine whether an analogous association with the R462Q polymorphism exists...
- Origin of XMRV and its demise as a human pathogen associated with chronic fatigue syndromeOliver Hohn
Center for HIV and Retrovirology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Viruses 3:1312-9. 2011..Furthermore, Paprotka et al's identification of XMRV's origin and the phylogenetic analysis of known XMRV sequences are further nails in the coffin to the notion that XMRV is a clinically relevant infectious human retrovirus...
- Stimulation of IgY responses in gene gun immunized laying hens by combined administration of vector DNA coding for the target antigen Botulinum toxin A1 and for avian cytokine adjuvantsLars Niederstadt
FU Berlin, Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol Methods 382:58-67. 2012..4× by the IL-1β adjuvant vector and increased by 3.8× by the IL-6 vector. Finally, although hens receiving the IL-1β adjuvant had laying capacities above the average, hens receiving the IL-6 adjuvant experienced laying problems...
- Staufen-1 interacts with the human endogenous retrovirus family HERV-K(HML-2) rec and gag proteins and increases virion productionKirsten Hanke
Division for HIV and Other Retroviruses, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
J Virol 87:11019-30. 2013..Our results suggest a new role for Staufen-1 as a cellular Rec and HERV-K(HML-2) Gag cofactor. ..
- Identification of the protease cleavage sites in a reconstituted Gag polyprotein of an HERV-K(HML-2) elementMaja George
Center for HIV and Retrovirology, Robert Koch Institute, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Retrovirology 8:30. 2011..During this process, the subdomains of the Gag polyproteins are released by proteolytic cleavage, although the nature of the mature HERV-K(HML-2) Gag proteins and the exact position of the cleavage sites have until now remained unknown...
- Vaccine development using the simian immunodeficiency virus model for AIDSStephen Norley
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany
Intervirology 45:267-74. 2002..A number of trials in primates using a wide range of putative vaccines based on simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) have been performed and are summarised here...
- No evidence for XMRV in German CFS and MS patients with fatigue despite the ability of the virus to infect human blood cells in vitroOliver Hohn
Centre for Biological Security 4, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e15632. 2010..Here we report the results of efforts to detect antibody responses and viral sequences in samples from a cohort of German CFS and relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) patients with fatigue symptoms...
- Enhanced T- and B-cell responses to simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV)agm, SIVmac and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag DNA immunization and identification of novel T-cell epitopes in mice via codon optimizationChristine S Siegismund
Robert Koch Institute, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Gen Virol 90:2513-8. 2009..Co-administration of murine GM-CSF DNA was necessary for the induction of high level T- and B-cell responses. Finally, it was possible to identify both known and novel T-cell epitopes in the Gag proteins of the three viruses...
- Shedding and transmission of novel influenza virus A/H1N1 infection in households--Germany, 2009Thorsten Suess
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Am J Epidemiol 171:1157-64. 2010..Compared with other nasopharyngeal specimen types, nasal wash was the most sensitive. These results support the notion that epidemiologic and virologic characteristics of NIV are in many aspects similar to those of seasonal influenza...
- Gene gun-supported DNA immunisation of chicken for straightforward production of poxvirus-specific IgY antibodiesPeter T Witkowski
Zentrum für Biologische Sicherheit 1 and Konsiliarlabor für Pockenviren, Robert Koch Institut, Nordufer 20, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Immunol Methods 341:146-53. 2009..The specific IgY titre rose to 1:80,000 and was stable for more than 120 days. With this investigation we present an universal procedure for IgY design and production that can be applied for various issues in the future...