Affiliation: Robert Koch-Institut
- Background paper to the recommendation for the preferential use of live-attenuated influenza vaccine in children aged 2-6 years in GermanyG Falkenhorst
Immunization Unit, Department for Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institute, Seestr 10, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 56:1557-64. 2013..In children and adolescents aged 7-17 years, either LAIV or TIV may be used without specific preference. Possible contraindications and the vaccinee's and his/her guardians' preferences should be taken into account. ..
- Serological cross-sectional studies on salmonella incidence in eight European countries: no correlation with incidence of reported casesGerhard Falkenhorst
Division of Epidemiology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Public Health 12:523. 2012..We performed serological cross-sectional studies to compare infection risks in eight European countries independent of underascertainment...
- Lessons from a one-year hospital-based surveillance of acute respiratory infections in Berlin- comparing case definitions to monitor influenzaMatthias Nachtnebel
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institute, DGZ Ring 1, Berlin 13086, Germany
BMC Public Health 12:245. 2012..12.2009 to 12.12.2010 according to different case definitions (CD) and determined the proportion of cases with influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 (pH1N1). We compared the sensitivity and specificity of CD for capturing pandemic pH1N1 cases...
- Serological follow-up after non-typhoid salmonella infection in humans using a mixed lipopolysaccharide ELISAGerhard Falkenhorst
Dept of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Statens Serum Institut, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Int J Med Microbiol 303:533-8. 2013..Another application is aetiological diagnostics in patients with suspected post-infectious complications such as reactive arthritis, even when faecal shedding of salmonella has ceased...
- Barriers to pandemic influenza vaccination and uptake of seasonal influenza vaccine in the post-pandemic season in GermanyMerle M Böhmer
Immunization Unit, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
BMC Public Health 12:938. 2012....
- Prospective hospital-based case-control study to assess the effectiveness of pandemic influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 vaccination and risk factors for hospitalization in 2009-2010 using matched hospital and test-negative controlsWiebke Hellenbrand
Immunization Unit, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institute, DGZ Ring 1, 13086 Berlin, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 12:127. 2012....
- MRSA transmission on a neonatal intensive care unit: epidemiological and genome-based phylogenetic analysesUlrich Nubel
Department of Infectious Diseases, Unit of Nosocomial Infections, Robert Koch Institute, Wernigerode, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e54898. 2013..Whole-genome sequencing may provide a new tool for elucidating transmission pathways of MRSA at a local scale...