Affiliation: Rhine Clinic Bonn
- Comparison of two oral symptom-triggered pharmacological inpatient treatments of acute alcohol withdrawal: clomethiazole vs. clonazepamUdo Bonnet
Department of Addictive Behaviour and Addiction Medicine, LVR Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchowstr 174, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 46:68-73. 2011..To compare two inpatient symptom-triggered pharmacological treatments of acute alcohol withdrawal (AWS) (clomethiazole vs. clonazepam)...
- [A case of cannabis-induced mania]U Bonnet
Arbeitsgruppe für klinische Suchtforschung, an der Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, LVR Klinikum Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 78:223-5. 2010..Simultaneously, the THC-COOH level decreased in serum and urine...
- An open trial of gabapentin in acute alcohol withdrawal using an oral loading protocolUdo Bonnet
LVR Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchowstr 174, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 45:143-5. 2010..Because earlier works showed that moderate gabapentin doses were too low to clearly ameliorate severe AWS, we tested a higher gabapentin entry dose...
- Modulatory effects of neuropsychopharmaca on intracellular pH of hippocampal neurones in vitroUdo Bonnet
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, LVR Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 159:474-83. 2010..As moclobemide, an antidepressant, and also some antiepileptic drugs can reduce neuronal pHi in hippocampus slices in vitro, we screened a panel of currently used neuropsychopharmaca for comparable effects...
- Valproate acidifies hippocampal CA3-neurons--a novel mode of actionUdo Bonnet
Rheinische Kliniken, Universitatsklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Virchowstrasse 174, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 12:279-85. 2002....
- Gabapentin's acute effect on mood profile -- a controlled study on patients with alcohol withdrawalUdo Bonnet
Rheinische Kliniken Essen, Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie und Klinik für abhängiges Verhalten und Suchtmedizin, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Virchowstr 174, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:434-8. 2007..Delayed beneficial effects of gabapentin on mood were frequently reported in various patient populations. This is the first controlled study which addressed acute effects of gabapentin on mood...
- The endogenous alkaloid harmane: acidifying and activity-reducing effects on hippocampal neurons in vitroUdo Bonnet
Department of Addictive Behaviour and Addiction Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchowstr 174, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:362-7. 2008..As harmane affects neuronal activity and viability and because both parameters are strongly influenced by intracellular pH (pH(i)), we tested whether effects of harmane are correlated with altered pH(i) regulation...
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor sulthiame reduces intracellular pH and epileptiform activity of hippocampal CA3 neuronsTobias Leniger
Department of Neurology, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
Epilepsia 43:469-74. 2002..The aim of the study was to elucidate the mode of action of sulthiame with respect to possible changes of intracellular pH (pHi) that might develop along with sulthiame's anticonvulsant properties...
- Treatment of acute alcohol withdrawal with gabapentin: results from a controlled two-center trialUdo Bonnet
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:514-9. 2003..The combination of GP and CLO was safe...
- How much alcohol is in ketamine's antidepressant action?Udo Bonnet
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatic Medicine, Evangelisches Krankenhaus Castrop Rauxel, Castrop Rauxel, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Duisburg Essen, Germany LVR Hospital Essen, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany Electronic address
Life Sci 168:54-57. 2017..Moreover, moderate amounts of both drugs have comparable immunoinhibitory effects hypothesized to be involved in AR, too...
- Low hospital admission rates following MDMA (Ecstasy) intake in Essen (Germany)Norbert Scherbaum
Department of Addictive Behaviour and Addiction Medicine, Rhine State Hospital, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Am J Addict 16:428-9. 2007
- Longitudinal patterns of benzodiazepine consumption in a German cohort of methadone maintenance treatment patientsMichael Specka
Addiction Research Group at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, LVR Hospital Essen, Hospital of the University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Hum Psychopharmacol 26:404-11. 2011..Cross-sectional studies show that considerable proportions of opiate dependents in methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) consume benzodiazepines (BZD). The longitudinal patterns of BZD use over time were described here...
- Efficacy and safety of levetiracetam for the prevention of alcohol relapse in recently detoxified alcohol-dependent patients: a randomized trialChristoph Richter
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 32:558-62. 2012..Antiepileptics have been shown to reduce alcohol intake or to prevent relapse in patients with alcoholism...
- Moclobemide: therapeutic use and clinical studiesUdo Bonnet
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Essen, Germany
CNS Drug Rev 9:97-140. 2003..There is no evidence that moclobemide would increase body weight or produce seizures. Some preclinical data suggest that moclobemide may have anticonvulsant property...
- Modulation of voltage-gated channel currents by harmaline and harmaneFrank Splettstoesser
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 144:52-8. 2005..We conclude that harmaline and harmane are modulators of I(Ca(V)) in vitro. This might be related to their neuroprotective effects...
- A case report of propofol dependence in a physicianUdo Bonnet
Rhine Hospital of Essen, Department of Addictive Behaviour and Addiction Medicine, Essen, Germany
J Psychoactive Drugs 40:215-7. 2008..The present case shows for the first time that craving for propofol can be quite intense and able to induce addictive behaviour...
- Age-related changes of the dentate nuclei in normal adults as revealed by 3D fast low angle shot (FLASH) echo sequence magnetic resonance imagingMatthias Maschke
Department of Neurology, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Neurol 251:740-6. 2004..These age-dependent changes have to be taken into account in interpretation of disease related MR changes of cerebellar nuclei in patients with degenerative or acquired cerebellar ataxia...
- A rare case of dependence on pemolineUdo Bonnet
Klinik für Suchtmedizin und Abhängiges Verhalten, Rheinische Kliniken Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Virchowstr 174, D 45147 Essen, Germany
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1340-1. 2006..Therefore, this case confirms the experience that in the treatment of ADHD the high risk to develop a dependence on psychostimulants is combined with a history of stimulant abuse...
- Moclobemide: evolution, pharmacodynamic, and pharmacokinetic propertiesUdo Bonnet
Rheinische Kliniken Essen, Department of Psychiatry and Psycotherapy, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
CNS Drug Rev 8:283-308. 2002..In addition, other CNS effects are reviewed with special respect to experimental serotonergic syndrome, anxiolytic and antinociceptive activity, sleep, cognition and driving performance, neuroprotection and seizures...