- [New therapeutic options in chemotherapy of advanced colorectal cancer]P Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg
Med Klin (Munich) 96:593-8. 2001..This is partly due to the high-dose 5-FU regimen, but also to the development of new cytotoxic agents and drug combinations...
- Autologous stem-cell transplantation as first-line therapy in peripheral T-cell lymphomas: results of a prospective multicenter studyPeter Reimer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:106-13. 2009..Therefore, we initiated the first prospective multicenter study on upfront autoSCT in PTCL and recently reported good feasibility and efficacy of this approach. Here, we present the final analysis of the study...
- The role of high-dose therapy in peripheral T-cell lymphomasPeter Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 6:373-9. 2006..Overall, because data on high-dose therapy for PTCL are limited, larger and randomized studies are necessary to definitely confirm the preliminary results...
- [Peripheral T-cell lymphoma: diagnosis and treatment]P Reimer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Julius Maximilians Universitat
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:685-90. 2006..However, the impact of high-dosage strategies and the implementation of newer agents, such as alemtuzumab, in first-line treatment are still uncertain. Hence patients with PTCL should be treated within clinical trials...
- Myeloablative radiochemotherapy followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation as first-line therapy in peripheral T-cell lymphomas: first results of a prospective multicenter studyPeter Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wuerzburg, Klinikstr 6 8, Wuerzburg, Germany
Hematol J 5:304-11. 2004..Our data suggest a substantial impact on outcome, however, longer follow-up is necessary to confirm survival benefit...
- Decreased frequency of HLA-B35 in patients with gastric MALT lymphomaPeter Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitaet Wuerzburg, Klinikstrasse 6 8, 97070 Wuerzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 83:232-6. 2004..Our data suggest a negative association between HLA-B35 and MALT lymphoma; however, larger studies are necessary to confirm a protective role of this HLA antigen...
- What is CD4+CD56+ malignancy and how should it be treated?P Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitaet Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:637-46. 2003..This therapeutic approach should be recommended for eligible patients with CD4+CD56+ malignancy. For older patients the best treatment option is still unknown...
- Cellular and humoral immune reconstitution after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT)P Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg, Klinikstr 6 8, 97070, Wurzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:263-70. 2003..Therefore, we conclude that persistent viral infections can contribute to the CD8(+) T-cell reconstitution after PBSCT by oligoclonal expansion of antigen-specific memory CD8(+) T cells...
- Subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma during pregnancy with successful autologous stem cell transplantationP Reimer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wuerzburg, Klinikstr 6 8, 97070, Wuerzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:305-9. 2003..After delivery of a healthy girl, myeloablative radiochemotherapy followed by autologous stem cell transplantation could be performed leading to complete remission...
- Female patient with a history of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, diagnosed with MALT lymphoma of both breastsD M Kraemer
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Onkologie 26:277-80. 2003..In her medical history the patient suffered from Hashimoto's thyroiditis. After 6 cycles of chemotherapy with CHOP regimen, the patient achieved complete remission...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation (autoSCT) as first-line therapy in peripheral T cell lymphomas (PTCL): Results of a prospective multicenter studyP Reimer
Medizinische Klinik II, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany Klinikum Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany Krankenhaus Muenchen Schwabing, Muenchen, Germany Allgemeines Krankenhaus St Georg, Hamburg, Germany Medizinische Klinik, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany Klinikum Nord, Nurnberg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:8515. 2008..Therefore, we initiated the first prospective multicenter phase II study on upfront autoSCT in PTCL and recently reported good feasibility and efficacy of this therapeutic approach. Here we present the final analysis of the study...
- [Antibody treatment in colorectal cancer--what the surgeon needs to know]A Thalheimer
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Zentrum Operative Medizin der Universitätsklinik Würzburg
Zentralbl Chir 133:101-6. 2008....
- Nodal peripheral T-cell lymphomas correspond to distinct mature T-cell populationsE Geissinger
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Pathol 210:172-80. 2006..In conclusion, AILT and ALCL tumour cells correspond to different subsets of effector cells, while a subset of PTCL-NOS correlates with a non-effector T-cell population...
- Splenectomy in patients with mixed myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseaseD Kraemer
Medizinische Poliklinik, University Wurzburg, Germany
Ann Hematol 81:308-11. 2002..Additionally, we indicate the potential positive outcome of splenectomy as ultima ratio in patients with these hematological features and severe thrombopenia...
- ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma is clinically and immunophenotypically different from both ALK+ ALCL and peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified: report from the International Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma ProjectKerry J Savage
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 111:5496-504. 2008..Although the prognosis of ALK(-) ALCL appears to be better than that for PTCL-NOS, it is still unsatisfactory and better therapies are needed. Primary cutaneous ALCL is associated with an indolent course...
- High-dose therapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation in angioimmunoblastic lymphoma: complete remission at transplantation is the major determinant of Outcome-Lymphoma Working Party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TransplantationCharalampia Kyriakou
University College London, 4 Sentis Court, 8 Carew Rd, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:218-24. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of high-dose therapy (HDT) followed by autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) on patients with AITL...
- Nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin lymphoma with nodules resembling T-cell/histiocyte-rich B-cell lymphoma: differential diagnosis between nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin lymphoma and T-cell/histiocyte-rich B-cell lymphomaLudmila Boudova
Department of Pathology, Josef Schneider Str 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Blood 102:3753-8. 2003..This morphologic pattern suggests a biologic continuum between NLPHL and T/HRBCL...
- Identification of the tumor cells in peripheral T-cell lymphomas by combined polymerase chain reaction-based T-cell receptor beta spectrotyping and immunohistological detection with T-cell receptor beta chain variable region segment-specific antibodiesEva Geissinger
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
J Mol Diagn 7:455-64. 2005..The combination of TCRVbeta polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemistry may facilitate more reliable detection and characterization of tumor cells in PTCL...
- Neurocognitive changes in patients with hepatitis C receiving interferon alfa-2b and ribavirinMichael R Kraus
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Wurzburg, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:90-100. 2005..During antiviral therapy of chronic hepatitis C, patients frequently report impairment of concentration or memory. Therefore we prospectively investigated neurocognitive performance in patients receiving interferon alfa and ribavirin...
- Nodal peripheral T-cell lymphomas and, in particular, their lymphoepithelioid (Lennert's) variant are often derived from CD8(+) cytotoxic T-cellsEva Geissinger
Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 445:334-43. 2004..In 15 cases, the atypical cells were CD4(-)CD8(-); two cases were CD4(+)CD8(+). Of 17 lymphoepithelioid (Lennert's) lymphomas, 15 expressed CD8, one each was CD4(+) and CD4(-)CD8(-)...
- Gammadelta T cells for immune therapy of patients with lymphoid malignanciesMartin Wilhelm
Medizinische Poliklinik Wuerzburg, Julius Maximilians University Wuerzburg, Klinikstrasse 6 8, 97070 Wuerzburg, Germany
Blood 102:200-6. 2003..In conclusion, this clinical trial demonstrates, for the first time, that gammadelta T-cell-mediated immunotherapy is feasible and can induce objective tumor responses...
- Gene transfer in purified human hematopoietic peripheral-blood stem cells by means of electroporation without prestimulationFlorian Weissinger
Medizinische Poliklinik der Julius Maximilians Universität, Wurzburg, Germany
J Lab Clin Med 141:138-49. 2003..One cause for the lack of long-term expression of the heterologous gene in this system was induction of apoptosis in transgenic PBSCs, shown by up-regulation of CD95 (FAS antigen)...
- Ferucarbotran (Resovist): a new clinically approved RES-specific contrast agent for contrast-enhanced MRI of the liver: properties, clinical development, and applicationsPeter Reimer
Department of Radiology, Stadtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe, Moltkestrasse 90, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:1266-76. 2003....
- Stent graft of abdominal aortic aneurysm after renal transplantationHeiner H Wolters
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Ann Vasc Surg 16:225-7. 2002..The patient had an uneventful recovery with no evidence of renal dysfunction and was discharged in good condition 7 days after stenting. This case demonstrates a useful alternative for the repair of AAA in kidney-grafted patients...
- The ACTIVE Trial: comparison of the effects on renal function of iomeprol-400 and iodixanol-320 in patients with chronic kidney disease undergoing abdominal computed tomographyHenrik S Thomsen
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Invest Radiol 43:170-8. 2008....
- Evaluation of the time window for Resovist-enhanced T2-weighted MRI of the liverPeter Reimer
Department of Radiology, Stadtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Freiburg, Germany
Acad Radiol 9:S336-8. 2002
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, intraductal ultrasonography, and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in bile duct strictures: a prospective comparison of imaging diagnostics with histopathological correlationDirk Domagk
Department of Medicine B, Gerhard Domagk Institute of Pathology, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 99:1684-9. 2004....
- Non-occlusive mesenteric ischemia: etiology, diagnosis, and interventional therapyMarkus Trompeter
Department of Radiology, Stadtisches Klinikum Karlsruhe, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Freiburg, Moltkestrasse 90, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:1179-87. 2002..It is known that mesenteric vasospasm persists even after correction of the precipitating event. Vasospasm frequently responds to direct intra-arterial vasodilator therapy, which is the only treatment that has been shown to be effective...
- Characterization of hepatocellular tumors: value of mangafodipir-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingMartina Scharitzer
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:181-90. 2005..To assess the value of mangafodipir trisodium-enhanced MR imaging for characterization of hepatocellular lesions...