- Single-Domain Peptidyl-Prolyl cis/trans Isomerase FkpA from Corynebacterium glutamicum Improves the Biomass Yield at Increased Growth TemperaturesNicolai Kallscheuer
Institute of Bio and Geosciences IBG 1 Biotechnology, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, Julich, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 81:7839-50. 2015..Comparative transcriptome analysis revealed 69 genes which exhibit ≥2-fold mRNA level changes in C. glutamicum ΔfkpA, giving insight into the transcriptional response upon mild heat stress when FkpA is absent. ..
- Toward biotechnological production of adipic acid and precursors from biorenewablesTino Polen
Institut für Bio und Geowissenschaften IBG 1 Biotechnologie, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, D 52425 Julich, Germany
J Biotechnol 167:75-84. 2013..Here we review the approaches and the progress made toward bio-based production of adipic acid. ..
- Depletion of the non-coding regulatory 6S RNA in E. coli causes a surprising reduction in the expression of the translation machineryThomas Neusser
Institut für Physikalische Biologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstr 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
BMC Genomics 11:165. 2010..There are many exceptions to this precept, showing that other types of promoters, including stationary phase-specific (sigma(38)-dependent) promoters are inhibited...
- The global gene expression response of Escherichia coli to L-phenylalanineT Polen
Institut für Biotechnologie 1, Forschungszentrum Julich, D 52425 Julich, Germany
J Biotechnol 115:221-37. 2005..The absence of growth inhibition by phenylalanine suggested that at high phenylalanine concentrations TyrR-defective strains might perform better in phenylalanine production...
- Characterization of citrate utilization in Corynebacterium glutamicum by transcriptome and proteome analysisTino Polen
Institute of Biotechnology, Research Centre Julich, Julich, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 273:109-19. 2007..In conclusion, this study revealed the citrate stimulon in C. glutamicum and the regulated central metabolic genes when grown on citrate...
- DNA microarray analyses of the long-term adaptive response of Escherichia coli to acetate and propionateT Polen
Forschungszentrum Julich, Institut für Biotechnologie I, 52425 Julich, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:1759-74. 2003..The gene expression changes after adaptation to acetate or propionate were not caused solely by uncoupling or osmotic effects but represented specific characteristics of the long-term response of E. coli to either compound...
- Formation of volutin granules in Corynebacterium glutamicumSrinivas Reddy Pallerla
Institut für Biotechnologie IBT 1, Forschungszentrum Julich, D 52425 Julich, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 243:133-40. 2005..The results suggest that formation of volutin is a more widespread phenomenon than generally accepted...
- Regulation of type 1 fimbriae synthesis and biofilm formation by the transcriptional regulator LrhA of Escherichia coliCaroline Blumer
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Weinforschung, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Becherweg 15, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Microbiology 151:3287-98. 2005..Together, the data show a role for LrhA as a repressor of type 1 fimbrial expression, and thus as a regulator of the initial stages of biofilm development and, presumably, bacterial adherence to epithelial host cells also...
- The plasticity of global proteome and genome expression analyzed in closely related W3110 and MG1655 strains of a well-studied model organism, Escherichia coli-K12Chandran Vijayendran
International NRW Graduate School in Bioinformatics and Genome Research, University of Bielefeld, D 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
J Biotechnol 128:747-61. 2007..We suggest that unless care is taken in the choice of strains for any validating experiment, the results might be misleading...
- Genome-wide analysis of the general stress response network in Escherichia coli: sigmaS-dependent genes, promoters, and sigma factor selectivityHarald Weber
Institut fur Biologie, Mikrobiologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Königin Luise Str 12 16a, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 187:1591-603. 2005..Thus, not only the expression of genes within a regulatory network but also the architecture of the network itself can be subject to regulation...
- Genomewide expression analysis in amino acid-producing bacteria using DNA microarraysTino Polen
Institute of Biotechnology 1, Research Center Julich, Leo Brandt Str, D 52428, Germany
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 118:215-32. 2004..glutamicum and E. coli. We also discuss the impact of functional genomics studies on fundamental as well as applied aspects of amino acid production with C. glutamicum and E. coli...
- Global gene expression analysis of glucose overflow metabolism in Escherichia coli and reduction of aerobic acetate formationAndrea Veit
Institute of Biotechnology 1, Research Center Juelich, 52428 Juelich, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:406-21. 2007..The resulting strain produced less acetate and directed more carbon towards carbon dioxide formation than the parent strain MG1655 while maintaining high growth and glucose consumption rates...