Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Philipps University
- Molecular signatures and the study of gene expression profiles in inflammatory heart diseasesV Ruppert
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Biomedical Research Center, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg and Philipps University Marburg, Hans Meerwein Str, 35043, Marburg, Germany
Herz 37:619-26. 2012..Expression profiling may be particularly helpful to improve the differential diagnosis of heart failure and enable novel insight into selected molecular pathways...
- Gene symbol: MYBPC3. Disease: Cardiomyopathy, hypertrophicVolker Ruppert
Philipps Universitat Marburg, Innere Medizin, Kardiologie, Hans Meerwein Strasse, 1, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Hum Genet 124:314. 2008
- Genetics of human hypertensionVolker Ruppert
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Philipps University Marburg, Germany
Herz 28:655-62. 2003..Causative genes and chromosomal fragments harboring disease susceptibility genes have been identified, e. g., for glucocorticoid-remediable aldosteronism, Liddle's syndrome, mineralocorticoid excess...
- Novel point mutations in the mitochondrial DNA detected in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy by screening the whole mitochondrial genomeVolker Ruppert
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:535-43. 2004..6% of patients as well as in 9.7% of controls. Thus, mutations altering the function of the enzyme subunits of the respiratory chain can be relevant for the pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Gene expression profiling from endomyocardial biopsy tissue allows distinction between subentities of dilated cardiomyopathyVolker Ruppert
Department of Cardiology, University of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:360-369.e1. 2008..Expression profile analysis using endomyocardial biopsy specimens from patients with cardiomyopathies promises to improve the differential diagnosis of heart failure...
- Isolated cardiac sarcoidosis associated with the expression of a splice variant coding for a truncated BTNL2 proteinThomas Meyer
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Cardiology 109:117-21. 2008..Thus, detection of the disease-associated btln2 allele may help to identify patients with sarcoidosis as the underlying cause of heart failure...
- Ischemic preconditioning results in an ATP-dependent inhibition of cytochrome C oxidaseSebastian Vogt
Cardiovascular Research Lab, Biomedical Research Center of the Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Shock 40:407-13. 2013..This report addresses the possible involvement of this mechanism in case of myocardial preconditioning...
- Osteoprotegerin expression in dendritic cells increases with maturation and is NF-kappaB-dependentMichael Schoppet
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Cell Biochem 100:1430-9. 2007..In summary, we describe that the expression of OPG by DC increases with maturation and is NF-kappaB-dependent, possibly regulating immune responses in lymphoid tissues...
- Activation of STAT1 transcription factor precedes up-regulation of coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor during viral myocarditisVolker Ruppert
Department of Cardiology, University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Pathol 17:81-92. 2008....
- Trypomastigotes and amastigotes of Trypanosoma cruzi induce apoptosis and STAT3 activation in cardiomyocytes in vitroPhilipp Stahl
Laboratory of Parasitology, Institute for Virology, Philipps University, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Apoptosis 18:653-63. 2013..In conclusion, cardiomyopathy observed in Chagas' disease might be in part due to apoptosis of cardiomyocytes induced directly by the parasite...
- Viral genomes in the pericardial fluid and in peri- and epicardial biopsies from a German cohort of patients with large to moderate pericardial effusionsSabine Pankuweit
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Angiology, Intensive Care and Prevention, UKGM GmbH, Marburg, Germany
Heart Fail Rev 18:329-36. 2013..The identification of specific viral signatures will help to understand pathogenetic mechanisms in pericarditis and allow to tailor an adequate therapy beyond antiphlogistic treatment...
- TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand and its decoy receptor osteoprotegerin in nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathyMichael Schoppet
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Philipps University, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:1745-50. 2005..001 vs. controls). In conclusion, myocardial overexpression of antiapoptotic OPG in DCM patients may represent a compensatory mechanism to limit systemic activation of TRAIL in patients with congestive heart disease...
- [Classification of cardiomyopathies and indication for endomyocardial biopsy revisited]Sabine Pankuweit
Klinik für Innere Medizin Kardiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043, Marburg
Herz 34:55-62. 2009....
- Cardiomyopathies: classification, diagnosis, and treatmentBernhard Maisch
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Philipps University, UKGM GmbH, Baldinger Street, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Heart Fail Clin 8:53-78. 2012..In this overview, a special emphasis is also placed on the management of inflammatory and viral cardiomyopathies...
- Genotype-specific effects on left ventricular function in parvovirus B19-positive patients with dilated cardiomyopathyVolker Ruppert
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Gießen and Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Med Virol 83:1818-25. 2011..Future studies with larger sample sizes and longer follow-up periods will be required to confirm this observation...
- [Familial predisposition and microbial etiology in dilated cardiomyopathy]Sabine Pankuweit
Klinik für Innere Medizin Kardiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Herz 34:110-6. 2009..A possible family history including a pedigree should be ascertained and with regard to a possible inflammatory or viral heart disease, endomyocardial biopsies should be investigated by polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemistry...
- Anticardiac Antibodies in Patients with Chronic Pericardial EffusionKonstantinos Karatolios
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Philipps University of Marburg, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Dis Markers 2016:9262741. 2016..The identification of elevated anticardiac antibodies in PE and SE indicates increased immunological reactivity in chronic pericardial effusion. High titer serum levels of AMLAs also correlate with recurrence of pericardial effusion. ..
- The HLA class II allele DQB1 0309 is associated with dilated cardiomyopathySabine Pankuweit
Klinik fur Kardiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Gene 531:180-3. 2013....
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-induced cardiac myocyte death might contribute to the fatal outcome of Plasmodium falciparum malariaKathrin Wennicke
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Philipps University of Marburg, University Hospital, Baldingerstrasse 1, 35043 Marburg Lahn, Germany
Apoptosis 13:857-66. 2008..Previous studies demonstrated cardiac involvement in patients suffering from severe malaria due to P. falciparum. Therefore, we tested the hypothesis that GPI induces apoptosis in cardiomyocytes...
- Influence of different aetiologies on clinical course and outcome in patients with dilated cardiomyopathySabine Pankuweit
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Angiology, Intensive Care and Prevention, University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 45:906-17. 2015..The clinical phenotype dilated cardiomyopathy is assumed to be the endstage of a multifactorial aetiopathogenetic pathophysiology which includes a not satisfactorily defined group of patients with inflammatory cardiomyopathy...
- Trypanosoma cruzi evades the protective role of interferon-gamma-signaling in parasite-infected cellsPhilipp Stahl
Institut fur Virologie, AG Parasitologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e110512. 2014..These findings point to the crucial role of the IFNγ/STAT1 signal pathway in the evolutionary combat between T. cruzi parasites and their host. ..
- Hereditary long QT syndrome due to autoimmune hypoparathyroidism in autoimmune polyendocrinopathy-candidiasis-ectodermal dystrophy syndromeThomas Meyer
Abteilung Innere Medizin Kardiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Electrocardiol 40:504-9. 2007..This finding defines a congenital autoimmune disease as a hereditary long QT syndrome...
- Inflammation in dilated cardiomyopathySabine Pankuweit
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043, Marburg, Germany
Herz 29:788-93. 2004..This may change the management of the disease in the future. One of the hopes is to discern the underlying dominant mechanism in a given patient to make a decision for the most promising therapy...
- Familial inflammatory dilated cardiomyopathyIrene Portig
Philipps University Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Baldingerstrasse, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 8:816-25. 2006..Mutations in genes encoding proteins responsible for myocardial architecture have been identified, but additional pathophysiological mechanisms including inflammatory reactions have been proposed...
- Management of fulminant myocarditis: a diagnosis in search of its etiology but with therapeutic optionsBernhard Maisch
Medical Faculty of Philipps University Marburg and Cardiovascular Center Marburg, Erlenring 19, 35037, Marburg, Germany
Curr Heart Fail Rep 11:166-77. 2014..ECMO, IABP, ventricular assist devices, LifeVest, or ICD implantation can bridge to recovery or to heart transplantation. ..
- Two glutamic acid residues in the DNA-binding domain are engaged in the release of STAT1 dimers from DNAVerena Koch
Klinik fur Kardiologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg, Germany
BMC Cell Biol 13:22. 2012..However, the molecular steps that facilitate GAS binding and the subsequent liberation of STAT1 homodimers from these promoter elements are not well understood...
- Activated STAT1 and STAT5 transcription factors in extramedullary hematopoietic tissue in a polycythemia vera patient carrying the JAK2 V617F mutationThomas Meyer
Department of Cardiology, University of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse 1, 35033, Marburg, Germany
Int J Hematol 91:117-20. 2010..Our data suggest that dysregulated STAT signal pathways are engaged in extramedullary hematopoiesis in polycythemia vera...
- Heat shock protein expression and change of cytochrome c oxidase activity: presence of two phylogenic old systems to protect tissues in ischemia and reperfusionSebastian Vogt
Biomedical Research Center, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Bioenerg Biomembr 43:425-35. 2011..Special focus is laid on function of the enzyme's subunits and importance of cellular energy availability and maintenance...
- Mutations in MYOZ1 as well as MYOZ2 encoding the calsarcins are not associated with idiopathic and familial dilated cardiomyopathyMaximilian G Posch
Mol Genet Metab 91:207-8. 2007
- A missense variant in desmoglein-2 predisposes to dilated cardiomyopathyMaximilian G Posch
Experimental and Clinical Research Center ECRC, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Mol Genet Metab 95:74-80. 2008..Thus, our study identified the DSG2-V55M polymorphism as a novel risk variant for DCM associated with shortened desmosomes of the cardiac intercalated disc...
- Plasmodium falciparum glycosylphosphatidylinositol induces limited apoptosis in liver and spleen mouse tissueDominic Wichmann
Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Clinical Research Unit, Bernhard Nocht Str 74, 20359 Hamburg, Germany
Apoptosis 12:1037-41. 2007..However, in vivo injection of GPI induced limited apoptosis in mouse liver and spleen tissue. Apoptosis may be due to a direct GPI apoptotic effect or to an indirect effect via the induction of TNFalpha and nitric oxide production...
- JAK-STAT signaling circuits in myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathyVolker Ruppert
University Hospital of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, UKGM GmbH, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Herz 32:474-81. 2007..This review summarizes the mechanistic design of the Janus kinase-STAT signaling circuit and discusses its pathophysiological implications in myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathy...