Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Philipps University
- Multimodal treatment of sporadic and inherited neuroendocrine tumors of the thymusNils Habbe
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Surgery 144:780-5. 2008..Approximately 180 cases have been reported since their first description. NETT reveal an aggressive behavior leading to rapid local invasion and metastatic spread. An aggressive surgical approach may achieve long-term survival...
- Identification of methylation-associated gene expression in neuroendocrine pancreatic tumor cellsNils Habbe
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Pancreatology 7:352-9. 2007..In an effort to validate DNA methylation as an important mechanism in neuroendocrine tumorigenesis and metastatic spread, we attempted to isolate methylation-specific transcripts in neuroendocrine pancreatic tumor cells...
- Prevalence of BRCA2 and CDKN2a mutations in German familial pancreatic cancer familiesEmily P Slater
Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043, Marburg, Germany
Fam Cancer 9:335-43. 2010..8-11.4%) were thus identified in 70 German FPC families, indicating that the prevalence of BRCA2 mutations in the German FPC population is less frequent than previously reported...
- Screening of patients with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN-1): a critical analysis of its valueJens Waldmann
Department of General Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35033, Marburg, Germany
World J Surg 33:1208-18. 2009..However, recommendations for screening modalities and intervals are based mostly on nonprospective data...
- Fast-growing pancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma in a patient with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1: a case reportJens Waldmann
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35037 Marburg, Germany
J Med Case Rep 2:354. 2008..Here we report the case of a patient who developed a fast-growing neuroendocrine carcinoma within 15 months of a laparoscopic distal pancreatic resection...
- German national case collection for familial pancreatic cancer (FaPaCa): ten years experienceRalph Schneider
Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Fam Cancer 10:323-30. 2011..Focused research projects can be conducted most efficiently, when data of different FPC registries are combined...
- Outcome of surgery for ileojejunal neuroendocrine tumorsNils Habbe
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Marburg, Baldingerstraße, 35043, Marburg, Germany
Surg Today 43:1168-74. 2013..Neuroendocrine tumors (NET) of the ileum/jejunum are rare and may require different treatment options to provide long-term survival. The purpose of the study was to evaluate the outcome of surgery for ileojejunal NET...
- Mutations and polymorphisms in the SDHB, SDHD, VHL, and RET genes in sporadic and familial pheochromocytomasJens Waldmann
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg 35037, Germany
Endocrine 35:347-55. 2009..Polymorphisms of the RET gene are common (17%) and occur in familial and sporadic PC. Multiple genetic alterations including mutations, polymorphisms and intronic variants are more frequently observed in malignant PC...
- Association of COLIA1 Sp1 polymorphism with the effect of subcutaneously injected recombinant hGH in GH-deficient adultsSilke Meyer
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg GmbH, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Pharmacogenomics 9:1017-26. 2008..In this study, we analyzed a possible influence of the COLIA1 Sp1 polymorphism on the effect of subcutaneously injected recombinant human growth hormone (hGH) in GH-deficient adults...
- Familial pancreatic cancer syndromesNils Habbe
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldiger Strasse, Marburg 35033, Germany
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 35:417-30, xi. 2006....
- Liver-specific therapies for metastases of neuroendocrine pancreatic tumorsVolker Fendrich
Volker Fendrich, Nils Habbe, Detlef Klaus Bartsch, Department of Surgery, Philipps University, Marburg D 35043, Germany
World J Hepatol 2:367-73. 2010..Liver resection, transplantation and many different therapeutic approaches are discussed in this special review...
- An orally bioavailable small-molecule inhibitor of Hedgehog signaling inhibits tumor initiation and metastasis in pancreatic cancerGeorg Feldmann
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, CRB2, Room 316, 1550 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2725-35. 2008....
- Hedgehog signaling is required for effective regeneration of exocrine pancreasVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Gastroenterology 135:621-31. 2008..Given the known role of Hh signaling in exocrine pancreatic cancer, these findings may provide a mechanistic link between injury-induced activation of pancreatic progenitors and subsequent pancreatic neoplasia...